Mika @ BBC Radio2 Jo Whiley 26.7 2012

mari62

Yesterday Mika was on the phone with Jo Whiley just right before going on stage at 'Heaven' in London

Just the interview :wink2:

I've just seen that on Twitter!!

Lisa Smith ‏@lisalaurasmith

On @jowhiley tonight we have WORLD EXCLUSIVE play of 'Origin Of Love' the lead track fromt the new album by @mikasounds listen @BBCRadio2

Does anybody know at what time that would be happening?

:Update:

first UK airing at Jo Whiley's 26th July 2012

[YOUTUBE]mRpKK-26Sdo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry but the video was breaching copyright or something so i had to take it off otherwise my YouTube account wouldn't be in good stead (?) And I use my YouTube account a lot for my own videos and they won't get promoted if I kept the video on. I'll put it back on though when I'm back from London, but on a seperate channel.
Edited by mari62

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got on here this morning!

Didn't expect this!

My year is made today!!!!

Stuff the Olympic Games, this is more important!!

It'll be a hit I'm sure!!

Do we have the whole interview anywhere??

it's on soundcloud, see first post ;-)

I've listened. It's great! T4P

Do you like it compared to the live version? A few of us have been saying it sounds rather flat, but speculating that this may be a rough mix and not the final version that will be on the album.

In any case, I still think it's a great song!

Do you like it compared to the live version? A few of us have been saying it sounds rather flat, but speculating that this may be a rough mix and not the final version that will be on the album.

In any case, I still think it's a great song!

It's different from the live version, but I still like it. I think it's different because the recorded version isn't as long as the live version. It's a bit more condensed in places.

just saying it here again, this version of tool from the radio isn't the same recorded version that we heard in milan at the pre-listening the day before. the one mika played to us sounded much bigger, like the live version. :wink2:

just saying it here again, this version of tool from the radio isn't the same recorded version that we heard in milan at the pre-listening the day before. the one mika played to us sounded much bigger, like the live version. :wink2:

I really hope so! This version gave me the goosebumps too, but anyway I love the gig variant much more. At the gig it sounds much more like FREEDOM, much massive and epic. And this radio version is more simple.

Thanks for recording! :huglove:

I really hope so! This version gave me the goosebumps too, but anyway I love the gig variant much more. At the gig it sounds much more like FREEDOM, much massive and epic. And this radio version is more simple.

You're absolutely right... I feel exactly the same.

Was at Suikerrock in Belgium yesterday and at this moment I prefer the live version a lot more. I wonder how the final version will sound like, can't wait!

I'm sorry but the video was breaching copyright or something so i had to take it off otherwise my YouTube account wouldn't be in good stead (?) And I use my YouTube account a lot for my own videos and they won't get promoted if I kept the video on. I'll put it back on though when I'm back from London, but on a seperate channel.

• 3 weeks later...