Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?

Pamette

Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?

• YES
    • NO

Hi everybody!!!

I open this threat because too many events were cancelled in little time!!!

The gig in Sziget festival in Hungary, the signing in Paris and now the gig in Werchter in Belgium!!! That's enough!!!

I bought my tickets about 2 months ago to see Mika in Belgium. I was planning to drive my car during 8 hours (without the road congestion around Werchter) just to see him.

And I learnt today that his gig is cancelled. Only one week before the gig!!! Why do they announce that only now?

I'm not blaming Mika but i'm blaming all the organization around him! Why do they plan so many things if he can't be there?

If it's cancelled the day when I go there because he's ill, I would understand even if I'm sad. I would say to myself "Poor Mika! He does too many things!".

I can understand he can't be everywhere but don't make promises if you're not sure he can be there!!!

I'm not angry! I'm not sad! I just don't understand why things like that can happen so near from an event!

I just write this threat because I hope someone who takes care of the planning will read it and will understand how bad it is to cancel something without real explaination! And I really hope it will improve!

List of the events which were cancelled:

February 2007: Signing session at HMV, 2 events the same evening, cancelled the day the event should have happened

June 21st: Signing session at Virgin megastore in Paris, ?, cancelled 3 weeks before

June 22nd: A gig in Monaco, he has to go to a TV show!!!, cancelled 2 months before

June 28th: Werchter festival in Belgium, he has to go to a TV show!!! , cancelled 9 days before

August: Sziget festival in Hungary, ?, cancelled 2 months before

August 10th: Way Out West festival in Goteborg in Sweden, he has to go to a TV show ("Good morning America"), few weeks ago

October 22nd: Rimini in Italy, CANCELLED because he prefers doing the gig in Nice (France), 17 days before DISTANCE BETWEEN RIMINI AND NICE: 596 km

Because he was ill (Poor little thing:huglove:):

Slow down MIKA - we need you!: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4571

February 21st: Brighton in UK

May 18th: Rix FM Festival in Sweden: otitis

June 29th: St Gallen festival in Switzerland: otitis

July 4th: Nibe festival in Denmark: vocal chords (but he did a secret gig the day before http://www.2tenfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=433296&spid=)

July 6th: Roskilde Festival in Denmark : pneumonia (it's not really that because he went to two other festivals two days after)

July 12nd: Les nuits de Fourvière festival in France: ear infection

July 13th: Summercase festival in Spain (Barcelona): ear infection

July 14th: Summercase festival in Spain (Madrid): ear infection

August 3rd: Big Chill festival in UK: throat infection

August 5th: Sudoeste festival in Portugal: throat infection

August 10th: Saint-Jean sur Richelieu in Canada: throat infection

August 17th: Frequency festival in Austria: throat infection

December 3rd: Apollo Hammersmith in England: voice (postponed)

December 4th: Brixton Academy in England: voice (postponed)

If you want to add other events, PM me! It's very important that the organization around Mica knows it happens too often!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- My sister missed him at HMV (she was going for me :blush-anim-cl: ) when the signing session was cancelled because of the free gig in central London they had planned on the same evening (early February for LICM release, i think). The 2 events had been planned for at least 2 weeks, and they announced on the screens that the signing was cancelled while people were waiting for him to sing... :thumbdown:

- The signing session at the Virgin (Paris), certainly for pretty much the same reason if the gig at the Hippodrome is still on... :thumbdown:

- 2 events they planned on the same day in 2 different countries : Swedish Göteborg and Good Morning America on August 10th :thumbdown: They chose Good Morning America, so Göteborg is cancelled

- Werchter because of TV appearance :thumbdown:

- Sziget No reason known

- Sweden the day between Manchester gig and Big Girl video shooting (because of ear infection)

- Monaco because of TV appearance :thumbdown:

- the first Brighton gig the day just before Koko (he was ill, he had "a bit of flue", and the gig got rescheduled though)

- First day of the art exhibition which has been transformed into a private party... :thumbdown: for the people who had planned a day trip to London that special day...

- St Gallen Festival, Switzerland (because of ear infection) but then someone said he had cancelled it to preserve his voice for the Olympia being recorded for a DVD

- Nibe Festival, Denmark (problem with vocal chords) cancelled the day before in the afternoon, and doing a secret gig for a radio in the evening of the cancellation...

- WOW Festival, Sweden : GMA is too important, of course...

- Roskilde Festival, Denmark : pneumonia... But played Oxegen (Dublin) and T in the Park (Scotland, Balado) the days after...

- Lyon Les Nuits de Fourvières July 12th (ENT infection...)

- Summercase Festival July 13th and 14th, Spain (ENT infection...)

- Zambueira Festival, Portugal, August 5th ("health problems" known in advance)

- Frequency Festival, Salzburg, Austria, August 17th (ENT problems known way in advance)

- Saint-Jean sur Richelieu (Quebec), Canada, August 10th (health problems)

- Big Chill Festival, August 3rd, UK, no more info for the moment... Cancelled on the day of the festival...

It starts to be pretty much a lot... They have quite a real problem with organization, don't they...

I don't have the right to put more than 7 smileys, as you all know, but, i'd like to put a thumb down at WOW and Nibe Festival cancellations...

We're of course NOT TALKING ABOUT THOSE CANCELLED BECAUSE OF ILLNESS - Just listing them.

and the apperance in sweden the the day before he was shooting big girl (may 18th). it was said he had an ear infection then, but the day after he shot in london.

that sucks, i am so sorry for you, pamette. :boxed:

Yes, the Monaco gig I wanted to go was cancelled as well as the signing at the Virgin Mega Store in Paris this Thursday...

Wellwell, but there are still many other chances to see Mika. (luckily!)

I think it's all a problem of logisics...People in charge of the organisation don't transfer the information or if they do it's not the right one.

It's always annoying if you have been looking forward to a gig and than it isn't taking place. But there always has to be a reason for the annulation.

Pamette, I'm sorry that his Werchter gig was cancelled...But there will be other great artists, won't there? Or will you stay at home now?

and the apperance in sweden the the day before he was shooting big girl (may 18th). it was said he had an ear infection then, but the day after he shot in london.

that sucks, i am so sorry for you, pamette. :boxed:

Thank you!

Before that I was so happy because I was waiting to buy my tickets for Nantes but now I say to myself "Maybe he won't be there too! Maybe I'm planning something it won't happen!" As Mica would say himself "No hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending!"

It's not a question about who is responsible for what, or why they do cancel the gig (except for illness of course) they should pay attention to what they plan, that's all ! Whoever plans it ! I mean there is money engaged in all those things !!! People buy tickets, sometimes a fortune, and "pouf" ! It's all gone, no Mika... They have responsabilities, thay have to think about what they do.

Yes, the Monaco gig I wanted to go was cancelled as well as the signing at the Virgin Mega Store in Paris this Thursday...

Wellwell, but there are still many other chances to see Mika. (luckily!)

I think it's all a problem of logisics...People in charge of the organisation don't transfer the information or if they do it's not the right one.

It's always annoying if you have been looking forward to a gig and than it isn't taking place. But there always has to be a reason for the annulation.

Pamette, I'm sorry that his Werchter gig was cancelled...But there will be other great artists, won't there? Or will you stay at home now?

No! I won't! I have the chance to have friends who will go there with me! I can't stay at home. It would be too stupid! And I adore travelling!

My boyfriend were so sad for me tonight. He only agreed to go there because he knew it was very important for me!

It's not a question about who is responsible for what, or why they do cancel the gig (except for illness of course) they should pay attention to what they plan, that's all ! Whoever plans it ! I mean there is money engaged in all those things !!! People buy tickets, sometimes a fortune, and "pouf" ! It's all gone, no Mika... They have responsabilities, thay have to think about what they do.

The people who buys tickets are people who buy it with their hearts! They don't think "I go to Mica's gig but no matter who i'm gonna seen. It could have been someone else. I don't care".

They should pay intention about the organization to not hurt people! And yes it's also true it costs money! They cancel the gig in the festival but I can't cancel my tickets. I have no choice!!!

I fear the fault is shared between the organisation and the various locations managements/festivals, who are racing to be able and say they do feat. mika. he's the hot name lately, that's sure.

so, many requests, too many honestly, he's a human being for god's sake, and too little planning on the organisation front.

:boxed:

OMG...HOW MANY!!!!:shocked:

Do you get refunds???

Nothing at all!!! I paid 75 euros for the day Mica should come and 75 euros for an another day because I didn't want to go there (8 hours) for just one day.

17 euros for the camping (I don't know if I can write it in english)

Pamette....I completely understand you. I was devastated when I found out that he canceled the Sziget Festival...Right now one of my biggest fears is that he cancels the Frequency Festival in Salzburg as well (I don't know how much more I can take:blush-anim-cl: ).

I really hopes he has good reasons to cancel all these concerts and gigs in other countries..:no:

I fear the fault is shared between the organisation and the various locations managements/festivals, who are racing to be able and say they do feat. mika. he's the hot name lately, that's sure.

so, many requests, too many honestly, he's a human being for god's sake, and too little planning on the organisation front.

They don't say they feature Mika for sure before they have confirmation from his staff... They say "not confirmed" when it's not sure, to still have his name and for people to watch for it, but when they say "confirmed", it means that they got the OK from his team.

Too many requests ok, but that's exactly what i'm saying : if they thought just a little bit before saying OK, they would realize it's too much and he won't be able to do it ! And saying NO without the fans knowing it is waaaaay less disappointing that saying Ok and then finally NO...

I do think they have a problem...

Nothing at all!!! I paid 75 euros for the day Mica should come and 75 euros for an another day because I didn't want to go there (8 hours) for just one day.

17 euros for the camping (I don't know if I can write it in english)

This is really terrible.:thumbdown:

I'm sorry that you don't get refund, Pamette, but it's clear that it's a festival, not a Mika gig, and the fact that you were going just for Mika is not their concern... There are other artists in the festival, so in their opinion, if the festival is still on, they don't refund tickets... That's understandable ! But i'm sorry for you, though...

But Werchter is a very famous festival and they are famous band there too! He was planned 2-3 months ago!

He's the only artist who cancelled there!!! There will be Tori Amos, Peter Gabriel, Metallica,... so many artists who sell recordssince so much years now!

I don't think the problem comes from the organization of Werchter! All was planned since more than one month now!

They don't say they feature Mika for sure before they have confirmation from his staff... They say "not confirmed" when it's not sure, to still have his name and for people to watch for it, but when they say "confirmed", it means that they got the OK from his team.

Too many requests ok, but that's exactly what i'm saying : if they thought just a little bit before saying OK, they would realize it's too much and he won't be able to do it ! And saying NO without the fans knowing it is waaaaay less disappointing that saying Ok and then finally NO...

I do think they have a problem...

That's what I wanted to say too!

I'm sorry that you don't get refund, Pamette, but it's clear that it's a festival, not a Mika gig, and the fact that you were going just for Mika is not their concern... There are other artists in the festival, so in their opinion, if the festival is still on, they don't refund tickets... That's understandable ! But i'm sorry for you, though...

People from Werchter festival doesn't know I bought my tickets only for Mica! It's not their fault!