Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?

Pamette

Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Have you already missed Mika because it was cancelled?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel so sorry for you Pamette. Don't you want to come to the Paris gig in October too? They can hardly cancel that one and so you'd be sure to see him.

I asked my boss to take one day to go to Nantes. I can't take 2 other! That would be too much for him!

I asked him to take 2 days to go to Werchter!

But thank you to try to resolve the problem! I hope I can see you in Nantes!

He was ill ("a bout of flue" if i remember correctly)... But the day after, he was singing at Koko... for the big tour launching...

If they said he was ill..., I must believe in what they said!

If he was ill, it's a good reason to cancel it!

They should say they cancel Werchter because they think he will be ill! :naughty:

what happened to you is so sad, pamette! i feel really sorry for you. and for all the people that planned to go to one of the gigs that have been cancelled.

*virtual hugs to all of you*

Thank you! :huglove:

:huglove: to all of you too!!!

I asked my boss to take one day to go to Nantes. I can't take 2 other! That would be too much for him!

I asked him to take 2 days to go to Werchter!

But thank you to try to resolve the problem! I hope I can see you in Nantes!

Actually it would make you take one day more only (if I may say - I know how it can be tricky with work). Thursday Paris and Friday Nantes (vive les RTT!).

I really hope to meet you in Nantes Pamette! Will your boyfriend be with you at the gig?

Ohh man, I'm sorry about that! That's awful, I would really be upset if that happened with a show I'd been planning to go to.

Someone should really bring this up with his staff or Mika himself next time they see them... it's been happening way too often now.

--Jack

I think if they will continue in this way, by planing many gigs & cancelling as much, at the end it'd be negative for Mika!!!

They should really think seriously about it!

So they're planing 2 events on 2 different continents (NY & sweden) for the 10 august????!!!!:blink:

I think if they will continue in this way, by planing many gigs & cancelling as much, at the end it'd be negative for Mika!!!

They should really think seriously about it!

So they're planing 2 events on 2 different continents (NY & sweden) for the 10 august????!!!!:blink:

It seems that the one in NY is the definite one... But he's still "confirmed" on the Swedish one, so maybe they haven't cancelled yet telling them ? I don't know...

and the apperance in sweden the the day before he was shooting big girl (may 18th). it was said he had an ear infection then, but the day after he shot in london.

And the day before he would go to Sweden he played in Birmingham (I was there).

But we can't blame him for not being able to fly to Sweden that day. It can be dangerous for your ear drums to fly when you have an ear infection. Even air crew is not (always) allowed to fly when they are suffering from a cold or so.

Sorry, I just had to clear that up. :blush-anim-cl:

I know what you mean Yop. What I was trying to say: I can imagine someone is able to do his daily work with an ear infection. Maybe he could have played that day as long as he didn't have to be on a plane.

I have been on a plane once with a terrible cold and my ears hurted so bad... :crybaby: So I can imagine why they were careful if it was an ear infection.

[Edit] Sorry for my terrible English. It's too late, I should go to bed. :blink:

I feel so sad for anyone who has gone through this! What a terrible disappointment!

I think his management should think twice before scheduling gigs SO close together. His tight schedule leaves no room for error, and errors are bound to happen at some point (Like his plane getting stalled before the FL gig). If they gave themselves a little breathing room, it might result in more prep time, and less cancelled gigs.

I know what you mean Yop. What I was trying to say: I can imagine someone is able to do his daily work with an ear infection. Maybe he could have played that day as long as he didn't have to be on a plane.

I have been on a plane once with a terrible cold and my ears hurted so bad... :crybaby: So I can imagine why they were careful if it was an ear infection.

[Edit] Sorry for my terrible English. It's too late, I should go to bed. :blink:

I was just remembering things, in general, in case it wasn't clear before, and your post just made me think it "might possibly" have been a bit not totally clear :thumb_yello:

I feel so sad for anyone who has gone through this! What a terrible disappointment!

I think his management should think twice before scheduling gigs SO close together. His tight schedule leaves no room for error, and errors are bound to happen at some point (Like his plane getting stalled before the FL gig). If they gave themselves a little breathing room, it might result in more prep time, and less cancelled gigs.

Softer schedule =

- Less cancelled gigs

- People happier and more enclined to plan other gigs without fear of surprise cancellation (is that a word ? :blink: )

- Better health for Mika

- Longevity in his career instead of burning the candle at both ends

- People more impatient to see him because of A BIT less gigs so more motivated to go to new ones

- Less space for problems because of unpredictable (even if unpredictable IS unpredictable

But it must be simpler to say than to actually plan... But still...

Actually it would make you take one day more only (if I may say - I know how it can be tricky with work). Thursday Paris and Friday Nantes (vive les RTT!).

I really hope to meet you in Nantes Pamette! Will your boyfriend be with you at the gig?

Hi will come with me! He doesn't have the choice! :naughty:

I was just remembering things, in general, in case it wasn't clear before, and your post just made me think it "might possibly" have been a bit not totally clear :thumb_yello:

Softer schedule =

- Less cancelled gigs

- People happier and more enclined to plan other gigs without fear of surprise cancellation (is that a word ? :blink: )

- Better health for Mika

- People more impatient to see him because of A BIT less gigs so more motivated to go to new ones

- Less space for problems because of unpredictable (even if unpredictable IS unpredictable

Yeah! Send this proposal to the appleman! (you forgot to add - eat more fruit) :mf_rosetinted:

Either that or they should employ some of us to organise stuff.

One of the things we need is better information too, for instance not only about gigs but about tv appearances etc. I know this kind of stuff comes out on Mikasounds and mikamyspace but it seems to me like the information is sketchy at best and it appears that whoever is maintaining myspace particularly (I can't imagine that Mika does it all now) has not time to keep it completely up to date. What it needs is proper organisation.

Just look at the competition at the last UK gigs, now I don't want to be hyper critical, but that was not best organised.

I think more things should be organised with MFC in mind too, for instance meets and greets after gigs which just seem to be done randomly at the moment.

MFC seems to be growing and growing and out stripping mikasounds so I definately think some kind of affiliation with either Mika's management or record company is in order here.

I am mature, organised, discreet, a Mika fan, but not overawed by him or desparate to meet him and have his babies, live near London, would be willing to help with this, certainly on a part time basis (as I have a job already).

I know that on this forum we joke about, and come across as sarcastic at times, but I think that is because we are a bit more objective about this whole Mika thing and while willing to go the extra mile to see him etc, can keep some perspective. (I'm talking mostly about the appleman people and possibly oldlings )

I think that Jerry could do much worse than assign some of us a few Mika related tasks so he can see that we are up to the job and have his best interests at heart , or even just get us together for a brainstorm as to how to take this whole thing forward?

Who knows Jerrys email add? :mf_rosetinted:

Gone away, had a shower, still thinking, they could also do with someone reading these boards and informing them of what's been said, the mood in here and so on. I know that it has been said that Mika reads here and possibly Jerry, but if they do, they must miss so much of what is said, that may be of some interest to them, they need it read and certain issues or threads highlighted to them so they don't have to wade through the mire(!!) to get to the important/interesting bits. :mf_rosetinted: Same goes for mikasounds forum.

Softer schedule =

- Less cancelled gigs

- Better health for Mika

It's clear that I say to myself "Can I plan other gigs in other countries?" I lost the confidence I had for Mica's gigs. Can I take the risk to plan something far away from very I live?

When I learned the Sziget festival was cancelled, I said to myself "Don't be too much happy now! Wait a little time! We don't what can happen!"

But I thought that for Sziget, he was in USA the day before and for Werchter it was different! The day before, he will be in Manchester and 2 days after he will be in Paris. I thought no reason for him to cancel because he will be near.

I think a link to this forum for the purpose of keeping us updated on this kind of thing too Pamette, instead of having to find it out from random places, perhaps later than we would like.

However, if earlier suggestions were noted, cancellations would be few and far between. :mf_rosetinted: