Flight of the Conchords

Suzy

HILARIOUS! You have to watch the following link which is part of an episode of the tv show. This one is about a fan who wins a contest to make dinner for her favourite musicians. :roftl:

It's a new TV comedy series based on real musicians who are described as New Zealand's formerly fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo. Premiered in the United States in June 2007. The series revolves around the pair as they try to achieve success in New York City as a band.

The following link is part of the episode: :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ScG2pycy2s&mode=related&search=

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHA.

"I always get what I want".

You know what.. That girl looks familiar. I think my brother watches that show from time to time.

Your brother probably has the same humour as my husband. I don't watch tv too much but my husband brought this episode to my attention (for some strange reason:sneaky2: )

I <3 Flight of the Conchords ever since I saw it back in July! My favorite episode is that one about the racist fruitstand guy. He keeps making racist comments about them because they're from New Zealand. It's so hilarious.

:roftl: Ha ha - just searched for that and watched it under YouTube - mixed them up for Aussies! Ha ha!

you guys should check out their comedy cd and HBO comedy special!

i've been into them for a couple years now and they rock!

they've got an official myspace, too.

:thumb_yello:

:mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello:Thanks!

Your brother probably has the same humour as my husband. I don't watch tv too much but my husband brought this episode to my attention (for some strange reason:sneaky2: )

:roftl: Ha ha - just searched for that and watched it under YouTube - mixed them up for Aussies! Ha ha!

:thumb_yello:Thanks!

I am a LOTR fan and they have done lots of LOTR related stuff! does anyone know what FIGWIT means?

I am a LOTR fan and they have done lots of LOTR related stuff! does anyone know what FIGWIT means?

here is:

a FAQ page about 'figwit': http://www.figwitlives.net/faq.htm :thumb_yello:

the official site: http://www.conchords.co.nz/

a really good fansite (i think it's kind of better than the official one): http://www.whatthefolk.net

:biggrin2:

here is:

a FAQ page about 'figwit': http://www.figwitlives.net/faq.htm :thumb_yello:

the official site: http://www.conchords.co.nz/

a really good fansite (i think it's kind of better than the official one): http://www.whatthefolk.net

:biggrin2:

uhoh! I have another thing for INGIE! teeheeeeeeee!!:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

• 8 months later...
HILARIOUS! You have to watch the following link which is part of an episode of the tv show. This one is about a fan who wins a contest to make dinner for her favourite musicians. :roftl:

It's a new TV comedy series based on real musicians who are described as New Zealand's formerly fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo. Premiered in the United States in June 2007. The series revolves around the pair as they try to achieve success in New York City as a band.

The following link is part of the episode: :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ScG2pycy2s&mode=related&search=

:thumbdown:this link isn't working for me...could you give me the name of the episode so i can search it?:thumb_yello:

i've been watchin other ones and they're super funny!

like the hipopotimous v.s Rhymernocerus!

"i'm freestylin, i'm free-there's a pic of ny. behind me" :roftl:

• 5 months later...

Yes! They are great!

I thought they were some old stuff and everyone except I, already knew them.

I love this Inner City Life. I love that song of Pet Shop Boys. I can remember

the first time I saw the video, gigglin through the thing and wowed by the

genius.

Counting coins on the counter of the 7-Eleven

From a quarter past six ‘til a quarter to seven

The manager Bevan starts to abuse me

Hey man, I just want some müsli

:clap:

• 3 months later...

Heheh, well bumped.

If you haven't watched these do. They're funny.

Fou da fa fa is my best one. But they're all good.

Haha I have their cd in the car, I laugh all the way to work.

What about this one?

I'm the pretty prince of parties

You're a tasty piece of pastry

You're so lighty flighty flakey

I go where the party takes me

I'm the funky monkey junky

You're a flunky bunky donkey

You're a picture of the devil's daughter

I'm a pitcher of holy water

Oh pretty prince of parties where's

the party now? - I don't know.

Oh pretty prince of parties where does

water go? - I let it flow.

Oh pretty prince of parties can I come

to your party? - No.

Oh pretty prince of parties where do

you get your clothes? - They're made

of snow. Pretty party clothes

crocheted of snow.

I'm the mickey Maori minstrel

You're the high priestess of tinsel

I'm the guru god of ganja

Ramashalanka lanka ravi shanka

la la la la la la la la la la la la

Edited by babspanky

• 2 months later...
I can't believe I've never watched this programme. It sounds like just the sort of thing I would find funny. I must give it a go at some point. :biggrin2:

Yeah do! It kind of grows on you, you know, then you just start giggiling.

FOTC Rock!!!!!

I'm a kiwi lol

Unfortunately they are only doing one more season cause they runnin out of ideas : (

Sometimes it's best to quit while you are ahead, like Fawlty Towers, that's a classic now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What the flip!!! How did I miss the Flight of the Conchords thread???? I nearly started a new thread, how embarrassing would that have been? I am more than happy to join you in discussing the awesomeness that is Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. They are funny, intelligent, and I gotsta admit that I find their Kiwi accents veery sixy. :wink2:

Anyways, I gotta confess I've been cheating on the MFC for quite some time, over on a Conchords fan forum. :shocked: Oh no! Oh yes, it's true. I've been a fan since watching an episode of their show last Spring. They had me at BOOM! Hee hee...

I've been hooked ever since.

On May 13th, my ultimate Conchords dream came true! They went on a North American tour this Spring, with 3 nights in Seattle! Whoa! Sadly, all 3 shows were sold out. Bummer. Thankfully, I scored some nosebleed tickets off of craigslist for my honey and me, because I figured that nosebleed Conchords were better than none at all.

Of course, the live show was phenomenal. They have so many great songs, they were unable to do all of my favorites, but they covered most of them. (Like Hurt Feelings, Think About It, I Told You I Was Freekie, Business Time, and a hilariously raunchy version of Sugalumps!) They even did a new song called Stana, which is like something out of a low budget wild western movie. LOL! Their banter between songs is the best part, especially when they dealt with the hecklers.

In true fangurl fashion, I waited by the stage door after the show. In the cold. In the rain. My boyfriend went back to the car because he was sick, but there were nice people standing around me, so I didn't mind waiting without him. It was about 10:30pm, and a crew member told us that the guys wouldn't come out for a meet & greet until about 1am. Yikes, that was too late for me because I had work in the morning. I was determined to wait a little longer though, because I brought thank you cards for the guys, and had even written each of them a song. Sadly, I didn't have the songs recorded, but I tucked the lyrics sheets into the cards. I was about ready to give the cards to a crew person, and beg them to deliver them for me. Thankfully, Bret took pity on the group of losers standing in the rain, and he came outside within 20 minutes!

I had a lovely little chat with Bret, and got him to sign my copy of Bust magazine, which featured an awesome Conchords cover photo. I told him about my music, and did my best to quiet my screaming inner fangurl when he put his arm around me for a photo.

IMG_0198.jpg

Then, Jemaine came outside, looking fly in a vintage leather jacket and a "Canada" trucker hat. LOL! I was surprised at how reserved, and somewhat shy he is in person, because he had such a strong on-stage persona. Not to mention, the characters he's played in movies are so outlandish and outgoing. Now, I try to tell myself that Bret is my favorite, but as soon as I heard his deep sexy voice, I fell apart. For reals. I tried to have a normal conversation with him, like I had with Bret, but my words didn't come out right and I felt like an idiot. Oh well. At least I managed to give him my card, tell him about my song, and get a quick photo. (Sorry they're blurry, I had to use my cellphone camera.)

IMG_0204.jpg

And here's the cool mag I had them sign.

IMG_0210.jpg

How gorgeous are these guys? So yeah, sorry Mika. Ok, that's quite enough from me for now. I'm sure I'll be back soon to post some of my favorite pics and vids.

Edited by DaMango