Mika @ Le Zénith, Paris - SOLD OUT

Yoppappop

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sariflor, I just read your comment and now understand what is meant by "playback"..:wink2:

You're right, these guys (article authors) ovbiously haven't a clue what they are talking about- that was Mika singing. You can't dispute that. It wasn't "playback".

A fact is a fact...

??

Thank you VERY much for those,the quality is excellent!!

sariflor, I just read your comment and now understand what is meant by "playback"..:wink2:

You're right, these guys (article authors) ovbiously haven't a clue what they are talking about- that was Mika singing. You can't dispute that. It wasn't "playback".

A fact is a fact...

BTW did you go too, to the gig in Lille?

Yes, it makes me angry....I am certain that if Mika could not sing live for any reason, he'd rather cancel a show (like he has in the past).

It takes a very short sighted person/reporter to make those comments and it can actually affect the artist's reputation so much...Carelss reporting is just wrong, aye!

No, unfortunately not, I would have loved to! I am going to Barcelona next week though!:punk:

]

Hehe...so much for playback...

Did anyone notice how in Love Today he seems to sing "give her a dollar and she'll make you fly" rather than the *recorded* "she'll make you smile"?:punk:

02:27 on the above link

I know it's a different performance to the questioned one, but I am sure that the same principles apply...

]

Did anyone notice how in Love Today he seems to sing "give her a dollar and she'll make you fly" rather than the *recorded* "she'll make you smile"?:punk:

I know it's a different performance to the questioned one, but I am sure that the same principles apply...

:biggrin2: that's the good of the live acts!

]

In lille he also said tart instead of tight i.e. little tart, like to tease for fun:roftl:

]

Yes I've noticed !

It made me laugh !:naughty::biggrin2:

I personally think that they are full of cr@p.:thumbdown:

Even though I wasn't there (last night), just by knowing how Mika's performances are, I think that it's very safe to say that he'd NEVER do playback.

He has used playback, but it's not so he can lip synch. The supporting vocals and other sounds that help flesh out his voice on the album aren't easy to replicate, especially months ago when he was playing small venues on a limited budget.

He also uses it during TV performances so he can get a sound similar to the CD. This was obvious on So You Think You Can Dance when he accidentally started into the first verse again instead of going into the second. He was forced to switch to the second verse halfway through because the pre-recorded background vocals came in and were singing the correct line.

Anyone who is standing there for the first note of Relax knows he is not lip synching. His voice is so much stronger and projects so much louder than the muted part on the recording. I saw him in a small club and he probably could have sang many of the numbers without a microphone and everyone still would have been able to hear him.

If someone's implying that he's lip synching then either they weren't at the concert or they're just trying to tear him down. You'd have to be deaf not to hear it's his live voice, even coming through a bit of playback.

I'll soon upload my pics and vids :biggrin2:

but I don't know what to think right now... when I was on the train, the people who were sitting next to me were reading the paper aloud and it said "during mika's gig you could clearly hear that it was playback and at some moments the piano was playing all alone..." the other person replied "that doesn't surprise me" humm what do you guys who were there think about it? I don't know...

That newspaper seems to mess up things... playback... piano playing all alone... maybe they're talking about the HE video somebody had seen and then told somebody who knew somebody who's working for that paper and didn't know what to write...:roftl:

In lille he also said tart instead of tight i.e. little tart, like to tease for fun:roftl:

Oooh that made me laugh!

"little tart", how funny!

He has used playback, but it's not so he can lip synch. The supporting vocals and other sounds that help flesh out his voice on the album aren't easy to replicate, especially months ago when he was playing small venues on a limited budget.

He also uses it during TV performances so he can get a sound similar to the CD. This was obvious on So You Think You Can Dance when he accidentally started into the first verse again instead of going into the second. He was forced to switch to the second verse halfway through because the pre-recorded background vocals came in and were singing the correct line.

Anyone who is standing there for the first note of Relax knows he is not lip synching. His voice is so much stronger and projects so much louder than the muted part on the recording. I saw him in a small club and he probably could have sang many of the numbers without a microphone and everyone still would have been able to hear him.

If someone's implying that he's lip synching then either they weren't at the concert or they're just trying to tear him down. You'd have to be deaf not to hear it's his live voice, even coming through a bit of playback.

Ok, so I stand partly corrected :blush-anim-cl: .....I suppose that what I was trying to say that his own, main, real voice "moments" would never be playbacked, as he is such a strong singer and always sounds so great live (if he's not having voice problems due to sickness or whatever else).

And as you said, it's true, he could often sing without a microphone and he'd still sound very powerful, because he has a very strong voice.:thumb_yello:

I personally think that they are full of cr@p.:thumbdown:

Even though I wasn't there (last night), just by knowing how Mika's performances are, I think that it's very safe to say that he'd NEVER do playback.

I mean, the guy can sing, has a great voice, lives for his performances....there is no way on earth that he'd do that and not actually sing live.

These people obviously have their own opinions which is allowed, but I think that they should just get a better passtime or perhaps clean their ears a bit.

Sorry if this has come across a bit strong, but that sort of comment drives me mad. Just accept that the guy has an amazing voice, don't knock it.

GRRR.

Believe me, if I had been on that train there would have been a heated discussion.:naughty:

:naughty: I wanted to do it at one moment but then I thought shut up. because I don't have any professional knowledge about music and those people were acting like they were half-professionals or whatever and they could easily have replied sth I wouldn't have understood! lol

That newspaper seems to mess up things... playback... piano playing all alone... maybe they're talking about the HE video somebody had seen and then told somebody who knew somebody who's working for that paper and didn't know what to write...:roftl:

that piano part is really stupid! I was like 2 meters away from the piano yesterday and I didn't see any playing alone lol

His voice recordered to make a sort of echo is called playback?..mh, I think the mikster has already the chorist support {for the lack of voice while jumpin:naughty:} and there's also an amazing little orchestra ready to gloss over little mistakes.

I think he'd never lypsinc without singin..where is the fun in doin that..?:cool:

:naughty: I wanted to do it at one moment but then I thought shut up. because I don't have any professional knowledge about music and those people were acting like they were half-professionals or whatever and they could easily have replied sth I wouldn't have understood! lol

I don't have any professional experience, but I've been lecturing people about this on YouTube for months so I've got that experience. :naughty:

I hate when people say he's lip synching and I always correct them! I wouldn't give Mika the time of day if he couldn't sing live. It's an insult to him and his fans.

It's a sad state of affairs that lightweights like Britney Spears and Hillary Duff have cast doubt whenever real talent appears on the scene.

Actually that is probably a good point

hehe...you're obviously a lot more controlled and rational than me (which is a good thing):thumb_yello:

I don't have any professional experience, but I've been lecturing people about this on YouTube for months so I've got that experience. :naughty:

I hate when people say he's lip synching and I always correct them! I wouldn't give Mika the time of day if he couldn't sing live. It's an insult to him and his fans.

It's a sad state of affairs that lightweights like Britney Spears and Hillary Duff have cast doubt whenever real talent appears on the scene.

Aren't you forgetting Milli Vanilli there, Christine?:naughty::roftl:

Agree with the post 100% though

I think the mikster has already the chorist support {for the lack of voice while jumpin:naughty:} and there's also an amazing little orchestra ready to gloss over little mistakes.

That's why I said he has used playback in the past. I don't know if he's using it now.

When I saw him he didn't have background singers aside from the band and there were no strings, etc. The stage wasn't much wider than my living room and he had only come to N. America to do a couple of promotional dates. He wasn't even on a proper tour.