My personal message to Mika and to the pres

ella

Hey, everyone!

I know that there are already several threads about this topic like the "we don't care" society and the "Mika gets death threats", and etc, but... today I got so angry about it that I felt I had to tell my own opinion.

Sorry, I know it's maybe a too loud way to start a new thread just to say my opinion, but forums are for this, aren't they?

So... Mika's sexuality has been a very popular topic for a long time in press, in several articles on the internet, in interviews, and even on MFC website. Ok, I can understand that people are curious, I am a human too, but from a point it's just disgusting and abnormal. It's not a healthy behaviour.

Most recently I read a lot about people who despise :shocked: him for not telling the truth honestly to the public about his sexuality (wether he's gay or not). I think it's sick. Apart from the fact that I don't care at all about it and I'm not even interested in it, I kinda feel proud of him for being intelligent and elegant enough not to talk about it.

Besides being a famous celebrity, he is a human being having his own human feelings and human rights, for example the right to have private life. I said PRIVATE LIFE. Sometimes I think it should be explained very carefully and very slowly to press people what the word "private" means in the highly complicated expression "private life", because they don't seem to understand or respect it.

However surprising and shocking it is, there are still some singers who doesn't want to be famous for their millionaire hotel-owning grandparents, for taking drugs while driving without a driving licence, for having sex in a public park, for divorcing from someone famous, or for dating with someon famous... but for singing. For writing great music, and doing fantastic concerts. Is that

too hard to take in?

Anyway, I think the world is a bit upside down. Normal things seem to be abnormal, and vica versa. I mean when someone makes an interview with this young, talented singer, he isn't asked about his music, his concerts, his inspirations, his working method, his stories behind the lyrics; but everyone finds it strange that he doesn't want to talk about who he sleeps with.

:thumbdown: Simply sick.

Not that I think anyone will read it among my consignees, but two personal messages:

For the press people who are always asking questions like this and for everyone who despise him just because he dares to keep his private life private:

Well, normally I'm pretty shy and silent, I'm no way someone loud or rude, but simply take my message as an angry middle finger up. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

For MIKA:

Honestly I don't think you check this forum regularly (if you check it at all), but still, if you happen to read my post... Hold on! Don't let this stupid mess in the press let you down! I believe it's not you who is fool, but all the rest of the world! And you don't need to discuss your sexuality, start to have a macho image and stand in the row of all the other celebs who are nothing individuals, but cheap, well-promoted, plastic goods for sale. Your real fans, people who really appreciate your work :thumb_yello: , people who scream wildly in the first row on your concerts :punk: , people who feel happier when listening to your voice would never expect anything like this from you.

Sorry for my far too long and emotional breakout. I know it won't stop stupid interviewers or change anything, but at least I myself feel better now just because it was said.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, everyone!

I know that there are already several threads about this topic like the "we don't care" society and the "Mika gets death threats", and etc, but... today I got so angry about it that I felt I had to tell my own opinion.

Sorry, I know it's maybe a too loud way to start a new thread just to say my opinion, but forums are for this, aren't they?

So... Mika's sexuality has been a very popular topic for a long time in press, in several articles on the internet, in interviews, and even on MFC website. Ok, I can understand that people are curious, I am a human too, but from a point it's just disgusting and abnormal. It's not a healthy behaviour.

Most recently I read a lot about people who despise :shocked: him for not telling the truth honestly to the public about his sexuality (wether he's gay or not). I think it's sick. Apart from the fact that I don't care at all about it and I'm not even interested in it, I kinda feel proud of him for being intelligent and elegant enough not to talk about it.

Besides being a famous celebrity, he is a human being having his own human feelings and human rights, for example the right to have private life. I said PRIVATE LIFE. Sometimes I think it should be explained very carefully and very slowly to press people what the word "private" means in the highly complicated expression "private life", because they don't seem to understand or respect it.

However surprising and shocking it is, there are still some singers who doesn't want to be famous for their millionaire hotel-owning grandparents, for taking drugs while driving without a driving licence, for having sex in a public park, for divorcing from someone famous, or for dating with someon famous... but for singing. For writing great music, and doing fantastic concerts. Is that

too hard to take in?

Anyway, I think the world is a bit upside down. Normal things seem to be abnormal, and vica versa. I mean when someone makes an interview with this young, talented singer, he isn't asked about his music, his concerts, his inspirations, his working method, his stories behind the lyrics; but everyone finds it strange that he doesn't want to talk about who he sleeps with.

Not that I think anyone will read it among my consignees, but two personal messages:

For the press people who are always asking questions like this and for everyone who despise him just because he dares to keep his private life private:

Well, normally I'm pretty shy and silent, I'm no way someone loud or rude, but simply take my message as an angry middle finger up. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

For MIKA:

Honestly I don't think you check this forum regularly (if you check it at all), but still, if you happen to read my post... Hold on! Don't let this stupid mess in the press let you down! I believe it's not you who is fool, but all the rest of the world! And you don't need to discuss your sexuality, start to have a macho image and stand in the row of all the other celebs who are nothing individuals, but cheap, well-promoted, plastic goods for sale. Your real fans, people who really appreciate your work :thumb_yello: , people who scream wildly in the first row on your concerts :punk: , people who feel happier when listening to your voice would never expect anything like this from you.

Sorry for my far too long and emotional breakout. I know it won't stop stupid interviewers or change anything, but at least I myself feel better now just because it was said.

thanks for your opinion!! i mostly totally agree with you!!

very well said...

<33333

well said *applauds*

unfortunately it's the spill on celebrities private lives that sell newspapers/magazines.

They're not considering their feelings, they're more concerned about money, and that's what this world is turning into: a greedy, money making machine.

There are plenty of other celebrities *or wannabe's* that are ready to sell themselves to every single press. So let them. Let them disgrace and humiliate themselves on every front page of every newspaper, let them make a fool of themselves, let themselves make money for their sad, pathetic lives, but don't you dare force anyone to do it against their will.

Well said :biggrin2:

I really liked this line and totally agree with you

Apart from the fact that I don't care at all about it and I'm not even interested in it, I kinda feel proud of him for being intelligent and elegant enough not to talk about it.

I like this line too:punk:

i totally understand and agree with everything you are saying..my family does not like mika and they say mean hurtful things about him..the other day my bro said i bet there is a mika hate club and i was screaming for him to stop the search..sure enough he found one and it talks about his sexuality and such...i almost cried..i couldnt look at it..i just wish that it would disapear..:tears:

i totally understand and agree with everything you are saying..my family does not like mika and they say mean hurtful things about him..the other day my bro said i bet there is a mika hate club and i was screaming for him to stop the search..sure enough he found one and it talks about his sexuality and such...i almost cried..i couldnt look at it..i just wish that it would disapear..:tears:

some people have to much time on their hands. Who, really, would go through all the trouble to set up a hate club about anyone? Get over yourselves!! Just cuz you don't like someone, doesn't make it okay to do this kind of thing.

i couldnt agree more.

i get so angry when i see interviews and they ask 'that' question or even refer to it. even if he said he was gay (or not) it doesnt change the sound of his voice or style of his music or anything about him (or the fact that his true fans love him). it makes no difference so there is no need to ask :mad3:

I totally agree:thumb_yello:

I must be very honest and say: when I first got to know mika, I didn't even think of 'oh would he be gay or straight?' I really don't get why that thought would enter my mind.... It was not until I got on this forum, that I understood there was a "hype" about his sexuality, which i totally didn't get, so i didn't feel the need to participate in any kind of conversation of it whatsoever, whether it was a "i don't care" discussion, or a "mika should come out of the closet" one... I just don't care --> Not in the way as all the people are like using that sentence as a mantra...

In the way, that it just didn't enter my mind... Maybe that's so simple of me? I dunno... but idd, everytime I like say to someone that I love Mika and his music, the first response I always get (and then mostly from males) is : He's so gay...

I don't really get that comment... I'm like talking about an artist I totally love, talking about what a brilliant voice he has, how gorgeous his performances are, and that's their only reaction? Jeez... I didn't even think about the possibility that he's gay before I noticed the whole "hype"... Just as I didn't think of the possibility that he's straight either.... does anyone understand where I'm going with this?? LOL, cause i feel like i'm just talking but don't know how to express my opinion about it:roftl:

It's just like, why would I think about it?? I'm not thinking of that about any artist for that matter... I'm not thinking: ooh, is matt bellamy gay or straight?? Is marilyn manson maybe gay??

NOOOO! lol, i really don't see the point in thinking that way... And I must say, I don't know it from most artists either lol (i'm not really into reading gossip-magazines and such...)

the other day my bro said i bet there is a mika hate club and i was screaming for him to stop the search..sure enough he found one and it talks about his sexuality and such...i almost cried..i couldnt look at it..i just wish that it would disapear..:tears:

Meh, I just laugh about people who take part in hate clubs and stuff, as they're just worthless human beings that want to provoke a negative reaction from fans of the unfortunate subjects of their hate clubs... if you just laugh at them, they've lost the battle.

It's incredibly stupid that people would choose to dislike or even hate Mika because of something so unimportant as his sexuality, but I guess you shouldn't have so much faith in the human race as to think people wouldn't do such a thing. It still makes me twitch, though. I once saw some person who was all like, "Oh, I'd like to know whether Mika's gay or not before I let my children listen to him..." and I was just thinking, "You deserve to be shot." (I didn't actually say this to them, though, haha...)

Arr. I'm all twitchy and naaaarrrrggghh. I'd better stop talking about this before I break something...

*puts on some happy music*

Hey, everyone!

too hard to take in?

For MIKA:

Dear Ella,

Please allow me to kiss and hug you for that great statement.

I totally agree with you. What a wonderful speech. You hit my heart

Thank you so much! I love you for that!

I totally agree :thumb_yello: well said!! he's a special person for the fact that he's not in it for the fame and he's not like other celebs and that's what i love about him..and i guess we all love that about him. and he should never compromise his dignity and self-respect for anyone, but i guess we don't have to tell him that, cause he's doing a fab job. and mika, if u're reading, we, the REAL fans, r behind u :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Meh, I just laugh about people who take part in hate clubs and stuff, as they're just worthless human beings that want to provoke a negative reaction from fans of the unfortunate subjects of their hate clubs... if you just laugh at them, they've lost the battle.

It's incredibly stupid that people would choose to dislike or even hate Mika because of something so unimportant as his sexuality, but I guess you shouldn't have so much faith in the human race as to think people wouldn't do such a thing. It still makes me twitch, though. I once saw some person who was all like, "Oh, I'd like to know whether Mika's gay or not before I let my children listen to him..." and I was just thinking, "You deserve to be shot." (I didn't actually say this to them, though, haha...)

Arr. I'm all twitchy and naaaarrrrggghh. I'd better stop talking about this before I break something...

*puts on some happy music*

i know that i should just laugh off stuff like that but it made me sad that 1. my 26 year old bro would stoop to that level to upset me...and 2. ppl are this pathetic and mean..i mean i dont like other artists...but i dont let it consume me..if i hear their music on the radio and i dont like it i just change the station! i dont go join a hate club! it bothers me ppl are so stupid and disgusting...

yeah mika is gay, if you look at it the definition truly does describe him fully! hes happy, lively, and merry..and the ppl who make those clubs or MUST ask that question when they see him or in interviews are just sad lil pathetic people! they are definitly are not seeing the big picture....looking at his talent..his beautiful voice his graceful dancing or the new world he has made for all of us through his songs..these people couldnt ever possibly understand how his music could make us happy or change our lives..because they are dull idiots who just need to get a life..

GAY-, -er, -est, noun, adverb

–adjective 1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.

Thanks to everyone who already did or will share his/her own opinion!

I'm happy to see that my "middle finger up" message is kinda in vain: I guess no member of MFC is like that, and even noboy like that is a reader of our forum.

About my other message: I still seriously doubt that Mika would ever read it, but let's give it a chance, anyway, who knows? And "why not"? Plus I hope he can feel all his fans' loving and know their opinion without my post too.

To Droopsy:

Yeah, I absolutely get your point when you say you didn't even think about the possibility that he's gay, neither about the possibility he's not. The same about me. When I think of him, I think of his music, his lyrics, his unique and individual personality :thumb_yello: , the childish (I mean in a good, loveable way) and silly yet sensitive and meaningful messages of his songs, his hot looks :mf_lustslow: ... but I didn't really had the realization that I should wonder about his sexuality till these insane press breakouts. It's not my business, and it has nothing to do with the reasons why I love him so much.

To elizabethlovesmika:

Let me not to say my opinion about your brother, because I respect all your family because of you, and I don't want to end up hurting you. As I already said, I'm not a rude person, but besides beign silent I have my opinions.

About hate clubs:

I myself deeply :thumbdown: despise those people too. I mean there are a lot of persons who I dislike (or even hate), but I wouldn't take the time, the energy, the work and all the bad emotions to create a club like that. Ok, I can hate anyone I want, because this is my right, but I feel I have to let the others have their own rights too, for example to love somebody. One of the best things about the world is that we are all different with different tastes and opinions. This is why life is not boring. Noone can force you to agree with someone's thoughts, but you should respect them.

Moreover as I imagine, their hate for Mika makes them angry, sad, pityful persons living in their own dark world, while Mika keeps on "Doom da da di da di Doom da da di da di..." :punk::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

hate clubs are sad.

I've been gossiped about a lot (I really don't know why, I'm rather boring). And I always got very upset about it, because I'm very sensitive. I always got into fights (again, I don't know why, I'm absolutely not a fighting kind. Being myself makes me hated). And a few months ago I was like : you know, you can better not pay attention to bad things, like gossiping, or people hating you. They will hate you, or gossip about you anyway. No matter what you try to do about it. Best is not to care and not pay attention to it. You can better use that energy on being happy with who you are. And that really helped me.

So to all of the haters, use your energy for something good. It doesn't make you any happier, hating someone, and it doesn't make that person feel better.

I think the journalists are so mean, I wouldn't even DARE asking that question, because I was raised with the thought you should respect everybody. And PRIVATE means PRIVATE.

We should definitely follow those journalists around with cameras, every day, all the time, untill they get sick of it and have a breakdown :mf_rosetinted:

Ella - I totally agree with everything you said. It's written very good!:thumb_yello:

too hard to take in?

Those are my thoughts exactly. I think that people and mostly press just can't understand that there's someone who doesn't want his career to be built on such a marginal things, that don't really matter.

But I love Mika so much just because of that! He's so different and refreshing. :punk:

I don't think I have anything new to add here, but you must know that I think it's great to write your opinion here.

I believe everybody here is a huge fan of Mika, and I think we all understand your frustration.

My advice? Ignore all this negative publicity, I mean, you must know that it's there, and that they will always try to write horrible things about people that are more famous, but I have stopped to care about it.

Same thing with the hate-clubs: they are only a way for people to get together, and they actually really don't care about what they are writing about, they only want to write negative things.

I think (no: I hope, because I don't know him offcourse ;-) that Mika is strong enough as a person to handle these things, we all see how intelligent he is, how great he is with the press.

And to finish (because this is getting way too long): he's new now, so everybody wants a part of him, to get the scoop. But I believe that once he's settled in the music-business, the hype will stop and it will be more easy for him to breathe. And than it will only be about the music!

(maybe I'm naive, but sometimes that can be good:wink2: )

greetz,

S.

Hey, everyone!

too hard to take in?

For MIKA:

Totally agree. It's strange that often when people see somebody on tv often, they start thinking that they have rights to know everybody about the person's life, it has become normal that celebrities "belong" to the society, and they are not allowed to keep anything private. Therefore it is brave from Mika to stand for his rights as a human being instead of becoming another celebrity with blatantly exposed privat life. Also I really admire Mika because he is not spoiled by his fame, he dares to be warm and sincere, he is not that indifferent idol on the pedestal, as people use to think famous people should be, he acts like a human being and he claims to be treated as one.