Grace Kelly Annoying?

born4mika

Hi Everyone;

I was checking out Australia's ninemsn site and found this. A list of the 10 most annoying songs. I nearly died when i saw Grace Kelly on the list.

http://music.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=275524

"1. 'You're Beautiful', James Blunt (2005)

2. 'Axel F', Crazy Frog (2005)

3. 'Mmm Bop', Hanson (1997)

4. 'Mr Blobby', Mr Blobby (1993)

5. 'Birdie Song', The Tweets (1981)

6. 'Shout', Lulu (1964)

7. 'Agadoo', Black Lace (1984)

8. 'Grace Kelly', Mika (2007)

9. 'My Heart Will Go On', Celine Dion (1998)

10. 'Las Macarena', Los Del Rio (1997)

We're in agreement that for most of these songs, all copies should be burned so as to never taint our ears again, not to mention banned from every karaoke station across the globe."

I'm still in shock. I'm sure all of you here will disagree with that also! And James Blunt shouldn't be there either. Very rigged!

Sarah xox

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I don't think "MmmBop" by Hanson is annoying, I love that cheesy pop song! Used to sing that song all the time when i was ickle ^_^

but still, each to their own i spose. (Silly tasteless person!)

LOL. I don't think "MmmBop" by Hanson is annoying, I love that cheesy pop song! Used to sing that song all the time when i was ickle ^_^

Ah, one of my fave songs of all time. I also quite like "Agadoo." Maybe I just have a predilection for annoying music. :biggrin2:

I think the reason it's even on the list is because he sings some of it in his falsetto. Unfortunately, a lot of the general public dislikes hearing men sing in a higher register. It's too bad, because there are many talented male singers who make excellent use of their voices, but are then criticized for it. I truly appreciate a good falsetto myself, and most of my favorite male singers use it.

That being said, how on earth could Grace Kelly be more annoying than My Heart Will Go On and The Macarena???? :blink:

There's already a very similar thread called "Grace Kelly most irritating", but anyway I don't know if you are talking about the same list, or there are 2 lists of irritating/annoying songs.

But I think these people don't have ears (nor heart and sense of humour).

In my opinion, Grace Kelly is an incredible, euphoric masterpiece :punk::thumb_yello:

With it's self-defining tone and with it's effect on his career, I always thought that Grace Kelly is Mika's ars poetica, just like Bohemian Rhapsody was the one for Freddie Mercury.

(Sorry, I hope everyone understands the expression "ars poetica", I couldn't find the proper word for it in English.)

My dad was telling me about this... as he is one who finds Mika annoying...

However as Mika himself says, you either love him or you hate him, theres not really a middle ground, and as much as we love him there are people out there who obviosuly find him very irritating..

He is after all the self-confessed Marmite/Vegemite of pop

I used to love this song and these guys. They're from my home state. :thumb_yello:

WTF? Grace Kelly is nowhere near this list. They're just picking on him because he's "It" right now.