Mika New Release - Daily Mail Review

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara I'm the daughter of a judge and a lawyer, I do know what jurisprudence means lol. But a national jurisprudence doesnt apply to other countries anyway.

The law forbids fake items to be sold, on the internet or elsewhere, that doesnt stop people from selling fake gucci bags and sunglasses all over ebay.

Yes, I know, obviously it won't apply elsewhere, but it's the idea that this has been considered by a court not to infringe the copyright that interests me, and how this can (unofficially or in another way) affect future rulings or laws elsewhere.

The fake bags and sunglasses are not advertised as "FAKE!", like the promo cd's are ("PROMO"), so that comparison is incorrect.

These items are actually advertised as "GENUINE" which is why ebay can't do anything against them being sold :thumb_yello:. Unless they physically went to check the origin, etc...

Aw, and Marie de Boulangerie refused to send me that one :sneaky2::thumbdown:

:roftl::roftl:

The law forbids fake items to be sold, on the internet or elsewhere, that doesnt stop people from selling fake gucci bags and sunglasses all over ebay.

Surely that's different though?- promos are sold as promos, fakes are passed of as something they're not.

(Like you, I keep saying I'm not going to argue any more, then keep taking just one more peep!)

Ah you see, you should be popular like me, Marie de la Lingerie sent me them all. :mf_rosetinted:

Darn, I should have gone to that flower shop in Brompton Road to get a huge bouquet before asking her for the secret stuff. I could even have met Mika. Or someone who has seen him somewhere before... and their dog. :blink:

Surely that's different though?- promos are sold as promos, fakes are passed of as something they're not.

(Like you, I keep saying I'm not going to argue any more, then keep taking just one more peep!)

Well I've seen some stuff clearly labelled as "imitations" out there...

I'm not sure what the exact powers of ebay are regarding this.

Anyway, I'll really stop arguing now because the forum is gonna go dead, in case u didn't know, please check myspace.:naughty:

I don't think that you're right here- The other day I tried to get tickets to see The Killers and Depeche Mode, and luckily, succeeded for both.

I was just getting normal general tix, and the shows are in Feb and May 2009. They both sold out in 30 minutes. This was not the hardcore fans, just any fan who wanted to go.

Despite trying when they opened the lines, many people didn't manage to get any tix- If someone had decided to wait til the last minute, they would never get into any gigs. That is just not realistic.

Also, from an organisational pov ,can you imagine organising a gig and not knowing until the day itself or even until opening time how many people (if any!) will turn up?

It's just not practical. Utopic, and not practical or realistic.

we have something interesting there... i agree that many things have changed those last few years, people who go to dominican republic for holidays also go to gigs now and they plan music like they plan everything else, the result of this is " gigs sold out in thirty minutes" and thats why people who used to hang around in gigs moved to...some other places...

i decide at the very last minute if i feel like going to a gig or not because i cant plan my moods, there is always a way to go in...

and i never talked about selling the tickets the day itself, i dont know what you are coming up with...i didnt talk about that.