The Mika Fan Club Magazine

BexxY

This is actually an Idea Born from the picture captions thread by femifrosk.

It was suggested to make a small magazine and post in it some of the best mika captions!!

I think it would be a great idea personally BUT its a bit of a huge task for one person alone ...although possible.

what we need to dicuss in this thread is any ideas that you may want to contribute to this magazine.

we need a TITLE!!!

how many pages should it be

the content - it would be mainly picture captions as this was the original plan

although other concepts may be considered :biggrin2:

If anyone could help out it would be fantastic the general idea is to then pass out copies over the world to be distributed to members of the mika fan club and then even to mika :naughty:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, but printing costs soooo much let alone postage. You might have to have it as a pdf file that people can download and print themselves??? Someone would have to pay up front for the physical printing otherwise, and then collect the money for the mag....

Sounds good, but printing costs soooo much let alone postage. You might have to have it as a pdf file that people can download and print themselves??? Someone would have to pay up front for the physical printing otherwise, and then collect the money for the mag....

This is exactly the kind of stuff we need to discuss here :thumb_yello:

It depends how much printing would cost i know to make a glossy mag would be a fair bit its the kind of thing we neeed to look into first before any big decisions are made.

yeah as i said in the other thread, i think there should be a MFC magazine with other stuff too, not only pic captions....it would be cool to post the completed mag here and only make one copy for mika...cause printing would cost alot!

yeah as i said in the other thread, i think there should be a MFC magazine with other stuff too, not only pic captions....it would be cool to post the completed mag here and only make one copy for mika...cause printing would cost alot!

oh sorry Kavi i must have not seen your post in the caption thread.

I think i may have mentioned that it would be great if people could submit things like reviews of Mika's songs or reviews of concerts they have been to ...something like that?

ooOOOoo likeing the idea!:thumb_yello:

well...maybe the colours of the magazine could be the colours of the fan club?:biggrin2:

hmm thats actually a good idea..i mean the colour scheme for the front page could be consistent with the MFC colours :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

im already having palpitations about including which picture captions :naughty:

have you seen the size of that thread??!?!? :roftl:

dun worry,we split the job,everyone getsa number of pages to read and select :lol3:

dun worry,we split the job,everyone getsa number of pages to read and select :lol3:

Yes well i certainly wasnt going to be able to do this magazine on my own :punk: :punk:

but before i start anything i will wait till the weekend and see what kind of responses we get on this thread

I think an e-zine would be a great idea! :thumb_yello:

Perhaps with a section like 'important/crazy/funny things said on MFC this week/month', so people with a little less time to read everything here know what's been happening. :biggrin2:

Loving this idea, good thinking Bexxy.

It would be good if we could get some input from Mika, like the odd editorial every now and again, maybe interviews with him and the band. I know that might be difficult but whenever anyone gets the chance to have a chat with any of them after a concert maybe they could bring it up.

Perhaps a different member each edition could do an editorial.

The review idea is good, perhaps a review of the art exhibition could be in the first edition when it comes out.

Just afew ideas to be going on with.

ok people please stop complimenting me on the idea the true genius is Femifrosk sooo alll geniuos comment must go to her :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

i am just someone who thinks its a great idea also and we have to work together to make it work :blush-anim-cl:

agree:thumb_yello:

Originally Posted by Kavi

Yeah, I think that would be easier. Or put it in an email..

When your thinking of a paper magazine that you have to post, you have to think LIKE:

glossy vs non glossy

Cost of ink

Cost of paper, (glossy is more expencive)

Cost of Postage & Packaging

Time consumation for each spread

so I think an e-zine would be the easier option

with a Efanzine the costs invalved are much less with no postage and packaging, no cost of paper or ink, and It would be alot less time consuming because when its all finished you dont have to post them out!

I would be happy to help where I can, even from my own little secluded island in the middle of the pacific (AKA New Zealand!).