The Mika Fan Club Magazine

BexxY

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

other than picture captions it could include latest news, reviews, the calendar of that month, and maybe some fans contribution different for each issue.

I'm already making an e-fanzine for a web portal i run with my two friends: if you need any help i'm more than willing!:thumb_yello: i really like formating this kind of stuff!:wink2:

so what programme would you use to start on something like an e-zine?

hmm I dunno what you guys think about it, but can't we ask the mods if you could use the mikamaniacs.com domain for the magazine? Mikamaniacs would be a good name for the magazine as well ;)

something like this would be absolutely gorgeous:

http://www.ellegirldigital.nl/

(click any cover)

ive been trying to think of a good title for it for the last few hours and all i have come up with is...

the mika fan club magazine :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

i seem to have lost my creative flow!!!

ive been trying to think of a good title for it for the last few hours and all i have come up with is...

the mika fan club magazine :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

i seem to have lost my creative flow!!!

what about "The Monthly Chubby" ?(or weekly,or daily,or how often it will be) :roftl: :roftl:

I`ve got my chubby bunny moment,dun worry

An e-zine is an awesome idea, and I'm totally on board!

Copywriting/editing/layout/design is what I do for a living, so why not for MFC? :biggrin2:

We need to decide what sort of software we'd like to use - my first vote is Adobe InDesign, but I doubt many people have access to that. If a few people do have it, we could have other people send them the content and those with InDesign could flow it in.

Alternatively we could use PowerPoint which would allow for somewhat simpler layouts, but still would come out quite well, methinks - especially since more people are likely to have it.

Thoughts?

This is such a great idea! I would def get a subscription to a fan mag.

I definitely think we should include tour information. Maybe we could have a monthly fan review? Fans can send in pictures/reviews of the concerts they attended.. We could have several people send in reviews. It would be cool if the fans can contribute!

Maybe we could even, somehow, get personal interviews or a Q&A with Mika? That might be pushing it, but wouldn't it be cool if we could get the word out to Jerry about the magazine...and then get Mika to answer questions for it? Just a pipe dream, I guess!!

Hmmm...I'll try to think of more things... :)

What a great idea!!! I love it.. I prefer the e-zine idea in comparison to the printed version .. it takes a lot to run a magazine, to get it printed and circulated all over is a huge huge task. Plus, these days i try to limit the usage of paper..and try to encourage others to think more about climate change and all that...

I love the pic caption thread and would love to see more of it, but if we are serious about making it a proper entity, then i think we must firstly clear all copyright issues... just in case.

I would help however i can.. no good in designing, but can write :biggrin2:

Well done femifrosk and Bexxy!!!!:punk:

What a great idea!!! I love it.. I prefer the e-zine idea in comparison to the printed version .. it takes a lot to run a magazine, to get it printed and circulated all over is a huge huge task. Plus, these days i try to limit the usage of paper..and try to encourage others to think more about climate change and all that...

I love the pic caption thread and would love to see more of it, but if we are serious about making it a proper entity, then i think we must firstly clear all copyright issues... just in case.

I would help however i can.. no good in designing, but can write :biggrin2:

Well done femifrosk and Bexxy!!!!:punk:

well it would probably first start out as a e - zine we decided it would be easier due to mika's global domination and then perhaps only print out a couple of copies to hand to mika or something.

Sivan your help would be much apprieciated as i have no knowledge of design AT ALL :boxed:

i dont mind designing the pages BUT!!!

ill only do it if it will be serious stuff.... not just pix of mika - mikagazm pix...LOL

if i do it i think it should be like a real magazine.... we should have few people to collect some good reviews and pix of shows...

and a list of maybe links to articles that been written about mika....

new pictures will be added to new magazines.....

letters to mika... few will be chosen each month...

we can make a corner for someone that is a good writer.....

and a corner for art stuff....

something like that :)

and hopefully mika will see it....