Official MFC Magazine Planning Thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful! Nice to know we are still finding some inspiration from MIKA. This "positive" thread sure balances out some others...

*sadness fading and good feelings coming back*

hey,count me in,I was on the original thread

so...what are the job descriptions?

Hi Ioana - great to have you on board!

I put a list of all the major roles in the first post of this thread - let me know if you want to help in any particular way, or if you want to just be added under "general help".

We're also coming up with a list of possible magazine names, and ideas for what sorts of things we'd like to include - let me know if you have ideas.

Thanks!

Thanks for adding me to the list. I would also be willing to write reviews/give pictures whenever I go to any gigs. I am planning to go to more than one US show whenever they come around, so I am sure I would be able to contribute with that too.

Hi Ioana - great to have you on board!

I put a list of all the major roles in the first post of this thread - let me know if you want to help in any particular way, or if you want to just be added under "general help".

We're also coming up with a list of possible magazine names, and ideas for what sorts of things we'd like to include - let me know if you have ideas.

Thanks!

ok,so I`m more of a writer,and if you want I can do some drawings and stuff,but I`m limited when it comes to editing and design because first i don`t have the proper programs and secondly,there are people here who are experts in photoshop ,so I won`t interfeer :thumb_yello:

I`ll be thinking of the name,andt for now I`m good in the Writer`s Corner :biggrin2:

Can someone explain to me what :

Creative Direction

Layout & Design

Artwork & Drawings

are and in what way they are different from each other?:blink:

Also, what is really meant with editing? Like putting all together and correct spelling/ make sure everythings fits?

I'm confuuuuused.. This isn't the official mikazine thread?

The other thread was on before this?

The other thread seemed to be more about figuring out big picture things - whether it would be print or online, whether it would include photo captions alone or other content. I thought it would be best to create a new thread dedicated to more detailed planning - things like figuring out who can help in what way (such as writing, photos, etc), making a list of the things we want to include - that sort of thing.

Not trying to step on your toes (or Bexxy's!) - just trying to get this organized because it's a really cool idea :thumb_yello:

Can someone explain to me what :

Creative Direction

Layout & Design

Artwork & Drawings

are and in what way they are different from each other?:blink:

Also, what is really meant with editing? Like putting all together and correct spelling/ make sure everythings fits?

Creative Direction is a title I gave to Femifrosk and Bexxy since it was their idea in the first place - that gives them the power to say "I don't like what you're doing, could we maybe do it a different way?"

Layout and design is taking all the things - pictures, articles, reviews, etc - and making them fit on the pages in a way that is functional and appealing to the eye

Artwork and drawings are things that fans have created, mostly sketches and stuff.

And editing is going through and correcting things like spelling, grammar, messaging - that sort of thing.

Hope that helps!

The other thread seemed to be more about figuring out big picture things - whether it would be print or online, whether it would include photo captions alone or other content. I thought it would be best to create a new thread dedicated to more detailed planning - things like figuring out who can help in what way (such as writing, photos, etc), making a list of the things we want to include - that sort of thing.

Not trying to step on your toes (or Bexxy's!) - just trying to get this organized because it's a really cool idea :thumb_yello:

Aha! :biggrin2:

no noo not at all no toes being stepped on me anyway :thumb_yello:

I want it to be a kind of group project anyway and i have said from the start its a job that requires team effort and im sure no one person could do it by themselves :thumb_yello:

Creative Direction is a title I gave to Femifrosk and Bexxy since it was their idea in the first place - that gives them the power to say "I don't like what you're doing, could we maybe do it a different way?"

Layout and design is taking all the things - pictures, articles, reviews, etc - and making them fit on the pages in a way that is functional and appealing to the eye

Artwork and drawings are things that fans have created, mostly sketches and stuff.

And editing is going through and correcting things like spelling, grammar, messaging - that sort of thing.

Hope that helps!

cool thanks:mf_rosetinted: :thumb_yello:

hope u got my pm:biggrin2:

i was there on the pic cap thread when it started and i think it's a super idea!

i want to help in anyway i can...maybe in editing, i'm not good with the graphics stuff.

i was thinking that there can be a section to put like 5 letters from fans in every issue....and let the 5 be from 5 diff parts of the world.

one ques, is this gonna be monthly? and is mika going to receive a printed one or e-one?

name suggestion:

MFC Superfans Mag.

Who is Billy brown? (LOL i have no idea just thought it'd be funny)

i'm now looking through some stuff i have, and i'm a member of australia zoo fan club (steve was and still is my hero r.i.p. stevo) and the name is crikey magazine! since that was steve's catch phrase...so i was thinking:

Why Not

Magazine

It'll take you to spiritual heights!

Hey guys! I love the idea as well. I´m kind of new, but I would love to help. I could be help editing or translating it into Spanish! I´m a translator, so it would be my pleasure to do it!

Just let me know, if there´s anything else I could do.

Hope that helps!

The magazine is a great idea (thanks to Femifrosk and Bexxy) and I think it is starting to look very organized. It does take a lot to gather all the information and get it together in an organized way....but it looks like there area a lot of good volunteers. I do some editing at work and would be glad to help out that way and would also be glad to gather information from various sources and throw them your way....I guess research is my true forte, although I also write technical papers at work. I would be happy to help out in any way that I could.

AS for the name, I will vote for Pointlessly Delicious, since it is:

1. so true to Mika

2. leaves the magazine open to limitless creative ideas

3. is a good name for an official magazine from a fan club, would not be confused as an official magazine from Mika

There is so much good stuff out there already, just waiting to be put into this beautiful context. Let's go!!!:punk: