Katy Perry

Ioana

europe still has got a lot of them !! we just want HER and it happens that she's from cali... :sneaky2::thumbdown:

I'm not saying europe is lacking them,because she is probably one of max 10 US artists I like

Europe is still the place where the good stuff happens....except Tokyo Hotel :fisch: (awaits haitmail)

Anyway,I'd want say 3 artists to come to Europe ,but sadly they won't

U sure suicidal threats work? because a couple of us could team up :roftl:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She'd better move to Europe !

I'm sure she would have more fans here !

I don't think so ,I mean sure ,we like her but she has a solid career back home,connections,experience

She's practically have to start ,not really from scratch,but she'd have to do plety of work all over again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PxDJYCJs6g

yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah !! FINALLY !! :naughty: :naughty:

ah the joy! *assumes comfortable position*

not sure, her success and what make her songs so good is in the lyrics, and as for france for exemple, people don't pay attention to the lyrics of a song... especially if the song is not in french :thumbdown: sooooooo... i don't know for other countries, it must be something typically frenchie :naughty:

Are you not meant to say "some" french people?:naughty: Behave, Yop!

oh ! no, thank you for thinking of me... i'm just not the collecting things kind of fan i guess... i don't even know what to do with her drumsticks i wanted "so hard" :roftl: it was just a trip, just for fun and now i have 2 drumsticks looking at me from where they are... i guess i'll have to start learning how to drum now :naughty:

i did read the itw, though, thanks for posting and translating :wink2:

anyhoo, all that to say, no thank you

I'm the same. I've got one Mika CD and I don't even know where it is. Even that is unusual for me since I normally just download stuff.

I have a similar problem, but worse.

I'ma hoarder, I collect tons of crap, but then I don't know what to do with it, or where to put it...so I end up "losing" it, not knowing where it is, but it is somewhere......

Bad problem to have, cause I HAVE to have it, yet I don't know what to do with it once I have it.:sneaky2:

I have a similar problem, but worse.

I'ma hoarder, I collect tons of crap, but then I don't know what to do with it, or where to put it...so I end up "losing" it, not knowing where it is, but it is somewhere......

Bad problem to have, cause I HAVE to have it, yet I don't know what to do with it once I have it.:sneaky2:

well... when i heard someone else had got her drumsticks after i had asked for it (at another show i didn't go to), i just HAD to have them too since i had asked 1st :biggrin2:

:biggrin2: i delete them :naughty: come on, youtube is not the place for a debate ! :thumbdown:

Are you kidding me? YouTube is the best place to debate! There are no moderators. :roftl:

Am I imagining things or did Katy used to have a demo version of this that was a bit more uptempo? I don't remember the song being this slow when I heard it last year.

About the Madonna thing...does this mean Mika is going to be opening for Katy in the US soon? :naughty:

Here's a review for the Warped Tour kick-off:

Warped Kickoff '08: Katy Perry Steals the Show

WEST HOLLYWOOD, California – Friday night was the Vans Warped Tour kickoff party! In addition to a ton of giveaways (a bass? An X-box? For real?) a bunch of bands that will be initiated into this year's punk-rock summer camp performed: Broadway Calls, 3OH!3, Beat Union, Katy Perry and The Aggrolites.

I missed Broadway Calls and 3OH!3 because I tried to find parking that was under $10 and that was TOUGH in West Hollywood on a Friday night. I eventually parked illegally and said a little parking-prayer. But fortunately Buzznet's own Panasonic Youth and DJRossstar were there to catch all the action (and hit up some of the bands for interviews – stay tuned).

Beat Union I was totally into! Maybe because the lead singer, Dave, was hot and from the U.K.? Anyway, they were super-energetic and I think you should make an effort to check them out this summer on Warped's Hurley.com stage.

The Aggrolites headlined, yes, and I was kind of shocked to see kids actually skanking (it really doesn't feel appropriate to use that word anymore, does it?). Ska, for a brief shining moment at the Key Club, came back to life. Precious. Until a drunk ska dude spilled his beer on me.

The absolute belle of the Warped Tour kickoff ball was Katy Perry, though. She put on a show involving a pinata! And candy! She's cute, but not too cute. Quirky, but not too quirky. She can sing, she's funny and she's got killer stage presence. I really think you oughta keep an eye on this one.

Warped Tour kicks off in Pomona, California, on June 20!

A few days old but here's an interview with Katy Perry on DJ Rossstar's.

Katy Perry Declares to Buzznet: 'There's a Little Emo Inside All of Us'

Katy Perry is on her way to becoming the world's newest Pop Star. However, during Perry's recent interview on DJ Rossstar's Punk Rock Show, more of the listeners referred to her as "emo" than anything else.

“I was that girl in high school that kind of just popped around into all the different scenes, so I don’t really have one specific scene,” Perry explained of her upbringing in Santa Barbara, California. Perry spent many of her younger years at a venue called The Living Room, and it was there that she saw her first concert — which featured swing band Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy. Katy Perry used to listen to ska!? Did she do the traditional "skank" dance to the music as well? "I skanked up a storm. Of course I did," Perry exclaimed with glee.

Perry will release her debut album, One of the Boys, on June 17. Believe it or not, it's taken her four years to get to this point. "I didn’t just pop on the scene in some manufactured way,” Perry said confidently.

Perry's song "UR So Gay," has turned a lot of heads with its outrageous subject matter. Is this song directed towards one specific person? "It’s any guy that wears eyeliner and smudges it. They’re subject to this song. It’s just taking the piss out of this scene we call emo. There’s a little emo inside all of us," declares Perry.

The interview took a turn with a listener confronted Perry about reinforcing stereotypes with "UR So Gay," which in return can make an entire scene look bad. Here are some sample lyrics from "Ur So Gay":

"I’m so mean cause I cannot get you outta your head

I’m so angry cause you’d rather MySpace instead

I can’t believe I fell in love with someone that wears more makeup than…"

Perry elaborated on the lyrics on the radio show last week by explaining, "I wrote the song because my ex-boyfriend was wearing my jeans and I wanted 'em f---ing back. It’s a freedom of expression. There’s a reason why every song is on the record."

Her big plans for the summer include performing on Warped Tour. She's focusing on taking vitamins and working out to prepare for the grueling summer ahead!

Perry was kind enough to treat us to an acoustic performance of her brand-new song, "Mannequin," during the live broadcast. Can't wait for One of the Boys to hit stores? You can check out Perry as the final girlfriend of Travis McCoy in the Gym Class Heroes music video for "Cupid's Chokehold."

Here's the video links of the interview and the acoustic version of "Mannequin":

First interview video

http://djrossstar.buzznet.com/user/video/play/2927901/

Second interview video:

http://djrossstar.buzznet.com/user/video/2928011/katy-perry-reveals-summer-plans/

Acoustic "Mannequin" video:

http://djrossstar.buzznet.com/user/video/play/2928051/

Also, photo gallery:

http://www.buzznet.com/cp/galleries/photos/djrossstar-katyperryatdjrossstars/

thanks for the links ! :thumb_yello:

I've downloaded some of her songs from a site !

Who wants the link or you already have them on your computer and ipod ?

I would download her stuff, but I want to wait till her album is out, so that it feels more official or something:bleh:

yeah I'm weird :insane::naughty: