I cannot believe that Mika is NOT nominated for Mercury!!

paula.pop

winehuose is starting to seriously annoy me lately

Great song about being an alcoholic...seems people like it more than Mika

and who the heck are the other ones? :blink: I don`t even know half of them....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[sorry for the double post]

that's more or less the point of the Mercury awards; aside from a couple, the musicians are not too well known.

It doesn't go too mainstream, aside from a few exceptions

There have been exceptions in the past. For example, when U2 was nominated with Achtung Baby and Primal Scream won the award...

I have nothing against Primal Scream and I did like their stuff from Loaded to Country Girl but if the awards are more for 'indie' bands, you shouldn't nominate mainstream artists at all, otherwise you get suspicious of how the award is granted..:cool:

I'm shocked!

But he doesn't need any awards to know that his fans love him!

!

That's exactly what I think ! It's a shame I have to work in september because I would love to go to the place where the Mercury Awards are given and I would shout : "MI-KA ! MI-KA ! MI-KA !" during all the celebration !!!!!:roftl:

But nevermind : we are here and virtually give him the award of the most popular, multitalented and beloved artist !

But that is one of the good things about the Mercury Prize it isn't about popularity. I'm hoping Maps wins it. Maps is James Chapman from Northampton (where I'm from hence why I've heard of him). He really is very good. His MySpace page is mapsmusic ... if you like electronica I'd urge you to have a listen. Hopefully this nomination will bring his music to a wider audience ... he deserves it. And I'm disappointed that the nomination was announced before I had had chance to get tickets to his exclusive gig next week and now they're all sold out :emot-sad:

Personally I'd like to see either The Klaxons or The View win it (as Mika isn't in it). The Arctic Monkeys and Dizzee Rascal have won it before, so it would be nice for one of the others to get it.

winehuose is starting to seriously annoy me lately

Great song about being an alcoholic...seems people like it more than Mika

Any Wino should go back to rehab and stop bombarding the radio stations with her depressing vocals. :puking: Overrated and overplayed. Here's to Mika rocking the Brit Awards!! :cheers:

btw, no offense to anyone who loves Amy...you are free to cuss and yell at me if you want to. this big mouth deserves it. :o

Personally I'd like to see either The Klaxons or The View win it (as Mika isn't in it). The Arctic Monkeys and Dizzee Rascal have won it before, so it would be nice for one of the others to get it.

Apparently The Klaxons only sound good on record..:blink: