And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope you'll have a great time!:wink2:

(I can't go to the only gig he's going to do here, so I'm really jealous now:naughty:)

:crybaby:! Can't you go to Cologne on Thursday or to Münster (no idea when that is but he plays in Münster on his tour)? Would it be far?

:crybaby:! Can't you go to Cologne on Thursday or to Münster (no idea when that is but he plays in Münster on his tour)? Would it be far?

Well, Cologne is too far away, Münster isn't. But the show there is 1 day after the show in Amsterdam and I can't go to both for the same reason: it's in a midweek and I have got to go to school then, so my parents won't let me go. + I don't have a car (I'm only 16 years old) and the train won't go back to both Amsterdam and Münster.

But he'll tour again I think (and I've found a good replacement gig this wednesday:teehee:) so it's not a really big deal.

@ Petra and Haeschen02:

Hope to meet you at the PW gig on Thursday! Really looking forwards to it!

Did you get the message that the gig was relocated and is now actually taking place at 7 PM at the Offenbachplatz (Brüderstraße 2, 50667 Köln)....This means it's gonna be open air :biggrin2:

@ Petra and Haeschen02:

Hope to meet you at the PW gig on Thursday! Really looking forwards to it!

Did you get the message that the gig was relocated and is now actually taking place at 7 PM at the Offenbachplatz (Brüderstraße 2, 50667 Köln)....This means it's gonna be open air :biggrin2:

My sister even said it would be for free :blink:

I need to look up where that is; I'm quite lost in Cologne.

It's close to the tube station "Appellhofplatz" or "Neumarkt", in the centre of Cologne :biggrin2:

I also checked several weather sites. The prospects aren't well at all. So taking an umbrella is absolutely necessary! :teehee:

I also need to think of charging my camera now. Hoping for a good spot...

What time are you planning to get there?

It's actually not free. But not exactly either. If you're buying your ticket tomorrow night it's gonna be 18 euros. http://www.c-o-pop.de/patrick-wolf.1935.html

Can't wait!

they switched off patrick's power supply at TEN TO TEN.

it was an AMAZING SHOW though. but he had to stop too early and TOTALLY freaked out.

The gig was indeed AMAZING! I was totally captured in the PWworlf during the time of the gig! He is just an outsatnding artist. Gonna put up some pix tomorrow.

The way the gig ended wasn't fun though...Suddenly someone just cut the power at 10 to 10...and obviously Patrick got very angry (and so did we)- He had made it clear that he was doing two more songs, but they cut the power after the first song. So Patrick started trowing two microphoses and two micorphone holders at rhe security plus a stool. But I guess they totally deserved it. I mean,it was only 10 tlo ten.

All in all, the gig was amazing! Patrick's the best! And he, woo seemed to be enjoying himself, he wasn't afraid to spend some time in the audience (during "Battle"). He was so close to us.

I for sure won't be missing any furtrher PW gigs near me!

I was there at around 5.40PM and the entire festival area thing was still open. I just stayed there and went to get my autograph when i saw Patrick standing in front of the stage. I later realised they had obviously closed the site after I went in and so I stood around there and saw Patrick & his band soundchecking while the others were queuing outside (which was pretty cool :pinkbow:). I never showed my ticket to anyone and I obviously had no business there between 6PM and 7PM :dunno: but nobody cared :dunno:. :pinkbow: Patrick is lovely :cheerful_h4h:

I was there at around 5.40PM and the entire festival area thing was still open. I just stayed there and went to get my autograph when i saw Patrick standing in front of the stage. I later realised they had obviously closed the site after I went in and so I stood around there and saw Patrick & his band soundchecking while the others were queuing outside (which was pretty cool :pinkbow:). I never showed my ticket to anyone and I obviously had no business there between 6PM and 7PM :dunno: but nobody cared :dunno:. :pinkbow: Patrick is lovely :cheerful_h4h:

:wub2:

http://c-o-pop.de/blog/?p=361

“I didn’t wear a watch in ten years, so four minutes mean two songs for me.”

:teehee:

Patrick was brilliant, whatever they say.

Yeah, this was amazing!

So, here are finally my pix. (in case you haven't seen them yet) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=103022&id=653747378&l=5fd965d8c5

Here's a pretty nice review (of the Austrian radio FM4) http://fm4.orf.at/stories/1623936/ Except they say that they wouldn't have guessed Patrick has so many hits by only listening to his 4 albums. :aah:

AMAZING review, Petra! Feels like reliving the gig!

I compeltely agree with what you're saying about Mika. He could NEVER go into the audience just like that (when I think of pix of people grabbing him when he's only leaning on the barrier that separates the audience from the stage.)

It was great to see everyone just enjoying the gig, NO pushing whatsoever, NO grabbing Patrick while he was in the audience. Lovely atmosphere. Everyone was singing along so loud to his songs. Felt just great! (I knew there must be more PW fans in Germany, though all the people I personally knew of where attending the gig with me, so I was very happy to see everyone so into it!)

And he was rrally sweet during the whole gig, saying so many lovely things and talking about his connection to the city of Cologne (Tomlab). When he was sort of stage diving and then danicng in the crowd it was great He was very close to us. Seeing him kissing this guy on the cheek and this one girl next to me (whom he also took a pic with at that very moment) just gave me one of these *awwwwww* moments :)

So, yeah, his gig was indeed VERY DIFFERENT from a Mika gig. I love both artists for what they do and for their musical genius though.

Can't wait to go and see Patrick again. :teehee:

Edited by mariposa

Sorry for the double post, but I just found out Perez had posted about the unlucky ending of this gig http://perezhilton.com/2009-08-14-patrick-wolf-will-hurt-you. Please comment if you've got s.th. to say.

This video has freaking 50,000 views! :shocked: I decided not to upload mine of that part (it doesnt show everything anyway - but 50,000 is... well, tempting). God. Perez Hilton sucks and is a fricking idiot in my opinion (just my opinion which of course no one has to share). I'd like to tell Perez to stfu :pinkbow: but I'm not registered & not planning to register or give him any feedback on his stupid site.

Do you think there will be any more consequences? :blink:

Sorry for the double post, but I just found out Perez had posted about the unlucky ending of this gig http://perezhilton.com/2009-08-14-patrick-wolf-will-hurt-you. Please comment if you've got s.th. to say.

Great post mariposa!

And I like seeing that many are for Patrick and against stupid Perez. :cheerful_h4h:

It WAS overreacted to throw all those things, yes. The microphones were enough (or let's say: still ALLOWED) but the rest was getting really dangerous. Hahaha, it's so strange. Hardly anyone was closer than us but I still don't see it as such a BIG thing which peple are now making it to. Yes, they switched his PA off and he freaked out. But... I don't see THIS as SUCH NEWS. It happened, full stop, and when I watched it (in RL), then I did by far not regard it as anything SO ... hm, serious? People like Perez (who have NOT been there quite obviously) are now making it up to something big. God, and now people are saying that he threw everything at his violinist. She stood there and he did NOT throw anything at her. And as far as I know he threw it at the sound gear but did not hit anyone. He hit the front of the sound desk with it but that's it. The stuff which he could have thrown much better (with more aim :naughty:) were the two microphones and he threw them to the ground. Where tf is my English? Is there actually any correct preposition in this text?!

:fangurl: :fangurl:

He still loves us :fangurl:

pw_official

Wow.. laughing so hard at that footage heart attack hilton just posted. That bitter queen should have seen me in my maison crimineaux days!

about 1 hour ago from web

pw_official

Thanks to the cologne audience this week! You were amazing! your city is beautiful! this co pop festival does you no justice! Boycott it. xp

pw_official

Wow.. laughing so hard at that footage heart attack hilton just posted. That bitter queen should have seen me in my maison crimineaux days!

pw_official

Thanks to the cologne audience this week! You were amazing! your city is beautiful! this co pop festival does you no justice! Boycott it. xp

Just seen these tweets! Lovely! :wub2:

As for Perez, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion on him and on the things he does and says. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't. And this time I obviously don't. I mean, he hasn't attended this gig, and as you said, Patrick never threw anything at the violin player.

And honestly on Thusday when the whole thing happend I would never have guessed that people would be making such a big deal out of it!

Btw, I also got a response from the c/o pop, same you got. They so got the times wrong. Sorry. He stopped playing at 9:50 PM, not 9:55 PM. Which means that he would have had plenty of time to do his last song. :wink2:

pw_official

pw_official

Aw!:wub2: Seems to me he has a good portion of humour and self distance!

I loved to see a bit of temper on stage, of course he got mad when he didn't get to finish properly!

To me he always stands out as a genuine guy and artist!:thumb_yello:

Perez, he is just looking for scandals, he doesn't care a bit about wrong or right, he only publishes his crap to get attention.

Sometime I can think he's a little cute, like when he published that long clip of himself crying because he had got hit in the eye by a member of Black Eyed Peas (or a life guard).:teehee:

I could understand his despair, but at the same time, what did he expect? He is making people mad or sad all the time.

But enough about Perez…:naughty:

Thanks for the reports. Patrick is always entertaining even with (or sometimes because of :teehee:) his drama queening. Total overreaction but I would have been annoyed if they'd cut off Magic Position :sneaky2:

Patrick may want to bring it down a notch though. He is making enemies and getting a bad reputation with this kind of thing. Someone in Mika's crew told us that his bitchfight with Mika was down to a similar (but less significant) incident and Mika was not even involved. Now he's still carrying on slagging off Mika and it just makes him appear jealous and childish.