And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

Apparantly he took off most of his clothes (maybe all?) in Toronto last night:teehee:

I was wondering if he'd do that on this tour...was kinda hopin he'd be inspired to do that in The Chi:naughty:

But Toronto was the lucky city! (or not so lucky, what do you think haha)

http://nylonmag.com/nylonblogs/blog/2009/06/18/patrick-wolf-takes-off-his-clothes/

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparantly he took off most of his clothes (maybe all?) in Toronto last night:teehee:

I was wondering if he'd do that on this tour...was kinda hopin he'd be inspired to do that in The Chi:naughty:

But Toronto was the lucky city! (or not so lucky, what do you think haha)

http://nylonmag.com/nylonblogs/blog/2009/06/18/patrick-wolf-takes-off-his-clothes/

Heard about that somewhere this morning :teehee:

Wow it was wild! Patrick said he wanted to give us something a little extra :teehee:

He was having sound problems and I could tell right from the get go that he was upset because he was motioning to the sound guy and he wasn't talking between songs which was very different from his last gig in Toronto where he wouldn't get off the stage until 2 am because he was so chatty.

About half way through the set he sang something about the sound being crap but he was still singing anyway - then he knocked the microphone stand over and left the stage. Everyone stood around like WTF?? :dunno::boxed:

A few people left because it was so late. I figured he was just drama queening in order to get them to sort out the sound and not serious about calling off the gig so I went to the bathroom.

When I came out he was back on stage and stripped down to the thong. :teehee:

He jumped off the stage and onto the bar which runs the length of the club. There was a guy near the bar so he pulled his head back and squatted over his face a la Sacha Baron Cohen and Eminem. :shocked:

He went to the centre of the dancefloor and sang the last two songs in the middle of the audience in a sort of reverse stage invasion and of course the crowd was going nuts since he was practically naked. :roftl:

Owen Pallett was up in the balcony and he was filming this bit. I asked him on Twitter if he'll be uploading it anywhere, but don't really expect a response. :naughty:

I found last night soooo entertaining and it must have been even more extra fabulous for the hardcore Patrick fans! :woot_jump:

Wish I could have transported some of you there....

That is great footage Chris!:thumb_yello:

Here's some great footage of him on the dancefloor and later on stage in the thong.

Edited by Suzy

I love him! He seemed very appreciative and humble at the chicago show...didn't expect him to be the stripping type:roftl:

More power to him!

What did you guys think of the opening acts???

I adored the plastiscines...was the lead singer bringing audience members up on stage for not clapping? That was hilarous:roftl:

Here's some great footage of him on the dancefloor and later on stage in the thong.

Thanks for the link. :thumb_yello: A Celine Dion-esque ending? :roftl:

Whereabouts were you guys?

I found last night soooo entertaining and it must have been even more extra fabulous for the hardcore Patrick fans!

Wish I could have transported some of you there....

I'm glad you had a good time. :biggrin2:

Thanks for the link. :thumb_yello: A Celine Dion-esque ending? :roftl:

Whereabouts were you guys?

I'm glad you had a good time. :biggrin2:

Thanks.:biggrin2:

In the angle that the video was shot, we would have been at the bottom left corner - not in that shot mind you, but several steps back because were on a platform at the side of the venue.

so, here's the youtube video I have of him nodding at me during Paris. Seriously, I must have looked so incredibly happy because I felt it...That's my favorite song:blush-anim-cl:

It's at 22 seconds and you can see it clearer in the original version but whatever.

And some pictures of the video I took:wub2:

101E6403.jpg

082.jpg

084.jpg

083.jpg

Going to see him in Paris in October, I bought my ticket yesterday :thumb_yello:! I'm dragging Yoppapop along and another friend of mine. I have been looking forward to seeing Wolfie perform live so much.

• 4 weeks later...

I know, Greta! I was actually planning to go to the Melt festival. They've got an awesome lineup every year! Next year :aah:

PS: I think it's kinda funny how PW goes on with his "lovely" :mf_rosetinted: remarks on Mika :teehee:

And Patrick bitches Mika again:

Watch it from 5.54 on, but if you're interested just watch the whole vid as the interviewer talks brilliant english.

I know, Greta! I was actually planning to go to the Melt festival. They've got an awesome lineup every year! Next year :aah:

PS: I think it's kinda funny how PW goes on with his "lovely" :mf_rosetinted: remarks on Mika :teehee:

Hmmmm...surely I can't be the only one to find him pathetic??? going on about someone else like this, all these years later, and when Mika is clearly more popular than he is?

Ffs, he says that he's grown up and yet all he displays is this immature stupidity. He just acts like a frustrated w@nker. The more he makes negative comments about Mika, the more he puts himself out in a bad light. How stupid.

The Wolf is just jealous :naughty:

Yeah, that is what I mean, that's exactly his problem. Jealousy consumes him and he just lashes out. Whatever. I just can't stand him, really, he seems like such a self-loving full of himself person, pffft.

And I'm not saying this becuase it's Mika that he's lashing out about; I'd feel the same if he did it to some other artist that had done nothing bad to him. It's just wrong and uncalled for, and ridiculously pathetic beyond words.

t4p, it's always good to hear from PW :teehee:

didn't knooow about this...

http://www.meltfestival.de/index_en.php

WHAT?! I MISSED ALL THOSE FKN BRIALLIANT DANCEPOPROCKSTARS?! :aah:

No! NOOOOZ!:shocked:OMG that line up is awesome!

Hmmmm...surely I can't be the only one to find him pathetic??? going on about someone else like this, all these years later, and when Mika is clearly more popular than he is?

Ffs, he says that he's grown up and yet all he displays is this immature stupidity. He just acts like a frustrated w@nker. The more he makes negative comments about Mika, the more he puts himself out in a bad light. How stupid.

Exactly.

I'm sure if Mika had said the same thing about Patrick everyone would be laughing and cheering. Lighten up, it was funny. :teehee:

I'd better get the Rohypnol out myself cuz I'm sure I'm the only one here with this opinion.

I'm sure if Mika had said the same thing about Patrick everyone would be laughing and cheering. Lighten up, it was funny. :teehee:

I'd better get the Rohypnol out myself cuz I'm sure I'm the only one here with this opinion.

Actually, speaking for myself, no, I would not. And it's not a matter of lightening up to be honest. I think that I'm quite easy going in general and I can appreciate a joke or a funny comment :wink2:.

I'm not exactly an asskisser either, and when Mika says or does things that I don't think are cool, I say so, and am not afraid to make it clear. So, if Mika had openly called someone a tw@t or been as offensive as Patrick has been with him, I would have said so as well.

I can't stand Patrick Wolf and I still thought it was funny.

To me it did not come across as something offensive.

Maybe taking past accounts into consideration it could be viewed as such, but I still didn't think it was overly rude.

But I'm Dutch, we're known for our harsh sense of humor. :mf_rosetinted:

• 3 weeks later...
so, here's the youtube video I have of him nodding at me during Paris. Seriously, I must have looked so incredibly happy because I felt it...That's my favorite song:blush-anim-cl:

It's at 22 seconds and you can see it clearer in the original version but whatever.

And some pictures of the video I took:wub2:

101E6403.jpg

082.jpg

084.jpg

083.jpg

Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!! :boing:!!!

And Patrick bitches Mika again:

Watch it from 5.54 on, but if you're interested just watch the whole vid as the interviewer talks brilliant english.

Hahahaah!! How cute!!! And the remark about Mika doesnt seem very serious :naughty:. I love Patsy's humour :lmfao:

Yes, it was :dunno:

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THREEEEEEEEE more days!!!!!! It's going to be soooooooooooo amazing!!! Simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PATRICK!!! WHOOP! WHOOOOP!!! :woot_jump:!!!

I agree, Sariflor. I've recently come to like PW and so I'm really disappointed to hear that he's been so 'bitchy' about Mika in the past, and continues to be, and for no good reason. It seems, from an article someone else posted in this thread (soz, can't remember who or where the article was from) that his ego got a bashing because his record company forced him to be a support act for someone else at a gig (Somerset House?). The person he ended up supporting was Mika, but that's NOT Mika's fault that his (PW's) record company forced him to have to do it. If this is the only reason for his anti-Mika attitude then it's pathetic.

As you say, it's just jealousy. If anything, I can only imagine Mika would've been really delighted to have shared the stage with someone of Patrick's calibre, and I don't mean because of an ego-thing for him (as PW stated in that article) but because Mika appreciates real musicianship and artistry, both of which Patrick has in spades. I can't imagine that Mika would have been anything other than sweet and friendly to PW too. Patrick must have some sort of inferiority complex or something, which is sad.

I saw PW at Latitude and was really impressed by him live. My daughter, who's seen him live a couple of times, saw him later wandering around at Latitude after he'd done his set, and when she did a 'double - take' and he saw she'd recognised him, he came over to her (not the other way round!) and her friend and just started chatting to them, and had his picture taken with them. He was very sweet and friendly and she was so chuffed! But this whole 'bash Mika' thing is very immature and he really needs to get over it. It's such a shame and there's no need for it. I would've thought they had so much in common in terms of their age, backgrounds (both public school, both had difficult times at school, classically trained musicians, both clearly artistic etc etc). Hope it's resolved one day and they can be friends....but maybe it's just not meant to be!