Me-Me-Me.tv interview with Mika

suzie

Someone posted this interview in the chatroom of Mikasounds, so let me post the link here as well:

http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/07/25/exclusive-mika/

part2

http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/07/26/exclusive-mika-part-2/

PS: I am sorry for posting the second part rather late. My only excuse is that I was travelling and was not particularly interested in accessing the internet....etc.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting!:thumb_yello:

gonna post the 2nd part tomorrow?

I will try to, but I will be travelling, so I am not sure when I will get the chance to post the 2nd link...perhaps in the afternoon.

So, if you are really curious, you can check out the site for the second part in the morning.

is it just me or does anybody else think this interview is strange? it might be the transcritpion though, I think some things he said aren't written down so that it "sounds" kind of harsh...

Kata, i sent you a comment in your Myspace asking where you are, and now your are here *tears of joy*

He doesn´t look comfy...

:blink: I feel I spend my entire life in here :roftl: I was online more the last week than I've been ever before, where did you look for me? :lmao:

is it just me or does anybody else think this interview is strange? it might be the transcritpion though, I think some things he said aren't written down so that it "sounds" kind of harsh...

I don't know. In all the interviews that I've read, Mika always sounds harsh or harsh as compared to when I hear his voice saying it. But then I hear an audio interview, and even though the words aren't... exactly diplomatic (for lack of a better word), he sounds extremely sweet to me and very, very nice. I think he probably giggled in the interview, so they could've done with some of that, but... Otherwise, IMHO, Mika "sounds" harsh in print. :bleh: Although, of course, I know he isn't; he's exceptionally sweet, but. *shrug* That's just the way he comes off in print, really... To me.

thanks for the interview :biggrin2:

coming down to the end it seems a bit non-mikaish (well that's just my opinion).

I agree! it doesn't sound mikaish at all! I agree with the others too, that he doesn't seem comfortable!

I don't know. In all the interviews that I've read, Mika always sounds harsh or harsh as compared to when I hear his voice saying it. But then I hear an audio interview, and even though the words aren't... exactly diplomatic (for lack of a better word), he sounds extremely sweet to me and very, very nice. I think he probably giggled in the interview, so they could've done with some of that, but... Otherwise, IMHO, Mika "sounds" harsh in print. :bleh: Although, of course, I know he isn't; he's exceptionally sweet, but. *shrug* That's just the way he comes off in print, really... To me.

very true!! but this one seemed particularly harsh! that is why we are told at uni to always transcribe everything of the interviews! the laughter, the pauses the "ehm"...

audio and written down is just not the same!! and you're right in the audio versions he's always the sweetest thing! I guess the one who transcribes the interview has a lot of power in the sense that he can make him look like a monster or like the nicest person... I'd really like to see a video of this!

yea I think you're right. He has a way of saying things in interviews that have the potential to be rude, but the way he says it makes it sound kinda sweet lol that reminds me of the afterposten interview where he said, "i dont see any of that, i go outside and i see fat women". like im sure people reading it in print might find it offensive but in the interview he says it in such a way, he makes it sound so sweet. i think he can get away with alot with that smike and giggle of his :wub2:

I totally agree with you!!

I think this should be a new MFC favorite quote:

"How can somebody saying I may be gay be a bad thing? I don’t care about that."

See? He's part of the real-true "don't care!" :mf_rosetinted: club!

Also, I think it doesn't really sound particularly harsh at all. Not harsher than other stuff he's said, certainly, in print or otherwise. But then I'm not shocked to hear him swear, either... :wink2:

--Jack

very true!! but this one seemed particularly harsh! that is why we are told at uni to always transcribe everything of the interviews! the laughter, the pauses the "ehm"...

audio and written down is just not the same!! and you're right in the audio versions he's always the sweetest thing! I guess the one who transcribes the interview has a lot of power in the sense that he can make him look like a monster or like the nicest person... I'd really like to see a video of this!

I'm glad. I think I wrote this already, but just in case: I am sure there was a least one giggle/ehm/pause in there, because in most if not all of his interviews, there is.

Thank you for agreeing with me that he's the sweetest thing in the audio interviews. :biggrin2:

It's true, the transcriber has a lot of power. Once I did transcibed an interview between my mom and me, but it didn't sound right without the pauses, ums... It came out very unnaturally. So, the print isn't really a good indicator of the person's personality, not to me, anyway.

Personally, I don't think he looked like a monster, just not like the sweetheart he is. I'd like to see a video of this, too. It's much better. :-)

yea I think you're right. He has a way of saying things in interviews that have the potential to be rude, but the way he says it makes it sound kinda sweet lol that reminds me of the afterposten interview where he said, "i dont see any of that, i go outside and i see fat women". like im sure people reading it in print might find it offensive but in the interview he says it in such a way, he makes it sound so sweet. i think he can get away with alot with that smike and giggle of his :wub2:

Yeah, it's true it has the potential to be rude. Which, coincidentally, it is not difficult to see why he had problems with classmates when he expressed himself, although I am sure he doesn't mean to be rude... Since he says it so sweetly... I think in the afterposten interview he was aware that what he was about to say could be taken badly/offensive.

I understand what he meant.

Actually, he has said that he can get away with a lot. I think he compared it to another family member, that he can go up to someone and say "You look like complete sh*t today" and "get away with it." I'm not passing any judgment, just reporting the facts. I suppose it is probably just the way he says it.

sonjalovestoday, thank you for agreeing with me. :-)

Jack Violet, I'm not shocked to hear him swear either, since I've already heard him say the f word a couple of times, but... I think actually, IMHO and to me, people sound harsher/different in transcripts, especially if there are no pauses/ums/giggles/smiles or anything else.

thanx! when i meet mika i already know what ill probably say out of shock!

me:wooooooowwwwww!ur tall!

mika:ya pleez get away know!loL!

(i know he wouldnt say that but he might think that!:biggrin2:

Oh no, you mustn't! :shocked:

He's already conscious of it, maybe even self-conscious.

Not good to start off on the wrong foot! You must restrain yourself.

He's so nice, that he probably wouldn't say that, per se, but I'm sure he wouldn't like it.

thanx! when i meet mika i already know what ill probably say out of shock!

me:wooooooowwwwww!ur tall!

mika:ya pleez get away know!loL!

(i know he wouldnt say that but he might think that!:biggrin2:

He'd be like "Really? I never noticed that." hahahaa

No, don't mention his height. He's obviously tall. That's one of the reasons I love him.... I love tall people haha I don't know why, I just do.