Analyzing Mika

Lollipop_Dealer

Today at work a friend (who works with me) said to me that she was reading and trying to understand Love Today's letter and since it is typical of her it she "analyzed Mika" , and she said 2 things:

One is that you can notice that in Love Today's letter he had any problem with a girl because he says like bad things about her and about her parents, thing that already I believe that we all realized.

The other one refers more to his personality, I told her that he has a very funny laugh and that he is like a little boy and what she said it's that maybe he couldn't live very well his childhood and that's why he is like this now. I told her that It can be because he had lots of problems at school when he was younger.

For my she was right in what she said. Also the poor boy beside having problems in the school he moved to a lot of diferents places like 3 or 4 times and it surely could have affected him, I say it for experience.

Tell me what do you think...

p.s: Sorry for my bad english :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's already said both what Love Today was about, and the fact that he's making up now for not having had a proper childhood. He said he was more childish now than when he was younger, ha.

Though Love Today is about NOT having problems with a potential partner any longer. But otherwise, she is right, and he already said so in interviews.:thumb_yello:

--Jack

He's already said both what Love Today was about, and the fact that he's making up now for not having had a proper childhood. He said he was more childish now than when he was younger, ha.

--Jack

same with me and charlie...(my best friend) while we were childish TOGETHER, ALONE during our childhood, when we were at school all the bullying we got forced us to grow up because we had to try and rise above it...i wasn't fun at all. Now I feel like I'm growing backwards because I've finally passed all that lol :bleh:

--Jack

Really? I think I haven't seen this interview. If somebody knows where I can find it, it would be nice if you tell me.

Though Love Today is about NOT having problems with a potential partner any longer. But otherwise, she is right, and he already said so in interviews.:thumb_yello:

--Jack

I didn't know that, thanks for telling me!

Do u know where I can see this interview?

For all it's worth: I've read/heard interviews where he said that Love Today was based on a few different situations that he'd lived and seen.

One of them being a time when he was totally in love and wanting to shout to the world how happy he was, and then also that it was putting a few other different stories together about his times in LA when he was finishing his record.

He said that it had elements of the homeless people that he saw on a daily basis, the hookers on the streets, some girls teasing guys and then sort of 'dropping' them when the guys went crazy about them (in a sexual way), etc...

Hope this helps

:mf_rosetinted:

For all it's worth: I've read/heard interviews where he said that Love Today was based on a few different situations that he'd lived and seen.

One of them being a time when he was totally in love and wanting to shout to the world how happy he was, and then also that it was putting a few other different stories together about his times in LA when he was finishing his record.

He said that it had elements of the homeless people that he saw on a daily basis, the hookers on the streets, some girls teasing guys and then sort of 'dropping' them when the guys went crazy about them (in a sexual way), etc...

Hope this helps

:mf_rosetinted:

Didn't he say that about Happy ending?

Thanks for the link :)

YES!! He definitely said this about happy ending and he said that he would donate all the proceeds from this video (if ever released) to a homeless charity.

i don't remember hearing that.. what interview was this? :blink:

Whaaaaat? :blink:

Why haven't I heard that yet? *panicks*

I think I remember hearing that though....... sorry I don't remember where.

But all this analyzing stuff :bleh: I'm really not into it, I mean we don't even know the guy and I just think it's kinda weird to sit down and be like "Hmm...." studying him like he's some lab rat. I won't go on my whole spiegl about grown up vs. disillusioned. :thumb_yello: Well, have a nice discussion y'all, I'm out.

But all this analyzing stuff :bleh: I'm really not into it, I mean we don't even know the guy and I just think it's kinda weird to sit down and be like "Hmm...." studying him like he's some lab rat. I won't go on my whole spiegl about grown up vs. disillusioned. :thumb_yello: Well, have a nice discussion y'all, I'm out.

Well, I like analysis, and I think it's fine to analyze his stage persona or his lyrics, but yeah, I don't think it's our place to venture into his childhood or try to psychoanalyze him or whatever. Especially since we know basically nothing about him beyond the performer.

--Jack

I like to try to work ppl out too but my own interpretation/theory w/e of "Stuck in The Middle" I wouldn't post here in case I over stepped the mark or something.

But I guess it's hard not to think what's behind in there, I do it with everyone I think I must be a ppl watcher, not in a stalking creepy kinda way though lol.

I like to try to work ppl out too but my own interpretation/theory w/e of "Stuck in The Middle" I wouldn't post here in case I over stepped the mark or something.

I think I know what you're talking about and I agree. :thumb_yello:

I always analyze EVERYTHING. NOTHING is just black and white to me. :D

I try not to overanalyze, because I can't enjoy things and moments if I pay too much attention to details. Mybe something seems wonderful to me at the beginning, but I get dissappointed about it on second thoughts. Anyway, that's just me. I like this thread: It's good to work people out, sometimes. Then you can discover things which aren't on the surface at all.

It wasn't me that analyzed him, it was my friend.

She always do that with EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY and she just told me that, and I got happy to hear a friend of mine saying good stuff about Mika because my other friends always talk **** about him, so I jus thought it was great to make a thread with what she said, that's all.

And I think Mika has a great personality (even I dunno him really) I'm very childish too, so I don't blame him.