The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

Happy new year! Go out and play with some fireworks :biggrin2:

I'll just sit home tonight and watch "Dinner for One". And drink some dark beer. Yay :yay:

Now, I've only got one thing to say: MOJN!

"Se, æ grosse!"

l_3cb4b1e60588ec33464e6908cb2b38f5.jpgl_10928d2e7ff1af49b83e0d78995626ad.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy New Year from me as well, apples!

P.S. Jack, I'm a whore for anything that you write so I'd read it even if it were a fiction of the Apples in a trainwreck with only Mika's whining to entertain them at the crash site.

Well sadly I did say I felt like writing a serious story, not a funny one. But! Since you were so valiant in the politics thread Scut, I have indeed decided to write it. A serious one, I mean. If one can consider fairy tales serious.

I'll put it on myspace when it's done, but it's kind of taking a while so you get a preview of it as I write it.

Silver Apples

I. Luna.

Luna was often called a good-for-nothing girl, but in fact she was very good at polishing floors and silverware and furniture, and this was why she worked at the palace. She was not told this of course. The older maids all made out her hiring to be a matter of charity, as though paying 12 martens for a day of work would be charity to anybody. Luna took both the work and the pay without complaining, though. Even 12 martens was enough for a loaf of rough bread and a slice of cheese and some good warm cider, even if it was hard put to stretch for much else, and she had a sick old mother at home who depended on her. Besides, she liked working at the palace. Everything was so beautiful there: the floors that shone like mirrors, the mirrors that shone like the sun, and all the lovely courtiers who shone brighter than both.

Now it was New Year's time, and the palace was shining even brighter than ever. A ball would be held that evening, and thousands of candles within crystal chandeliers illuminated the ballroom with a brilliance that far surpassed any earthly light. Luna was kept very late getting everything ready for the ball, and she saved a special treat for herself for the last--polishing the silver apples that would be given as gifts to the ball's attendees. She smiled as she polished the pretty apples, and was glad enough that her work allowed her to enjoy their splendor, even if she would not be one of the lucky rich young ladies who would carry them home. She was so lost in thought as she worked, that she did not notice an older girl carrying a bowl of vinegar from the kitchen till she tripped over her, and the vinegar spilled all over the silver apples. Splotches and stains ran over all the apples that were hit, ruining all of Luna's work and sending the other girl screaming.

Immediately, all the scullery maids and housemaids rushed out to the scene, and even the head palace maid, with her terrifying ring of keys, appeared with the rapid click-click of her heels.

"Why you good-for-nothing girl!" The kitchen maid who'd tripped over her shouted, "can't you keep out of the way? Just look what you've done! What will we do now?"

The head maid fixed the ruined apples with her cold stare, then fixed the maids assembled before her with an even colder one. "There is nothing to do," she said calmly. "The guests will be arriving shortly. Salvage whatever apples you can, and put them in a silver bowl. We shall place it in the middle of the dessert table, and hopefully no one will see that we are a dozen short." With a sharp click of her heel and a severe jingle of her keys, she turned to face Luna. "As for you, you have until dessert is served to provide 12 replacement apples if you wish to continue your employment."

"But where could I get silver apples?" Luna pleaded. "I couldn't even buy one such apple, let alone a dozen, and all the shops are closed."

"Pick them off the trees, then," the head maid retorted, and walked off.

Without half knowing how, Luna found herself turned out to the gates of the palace, her shabby coat and scarf at her feet, and a bucket in her hand. To her right lay the road into town and home, to her left lay the woods. The moon sparkled overhead, lighting the snow, frosting the tree tops, seemingly in much better spirits than Luna was. Luna thought of her mother, sick at home, and the fact that she had no cider or supper to bring her tonight. She thought of how tired she was, and how the cold was already beginning to seep through the holes in her boots and mittens. She thought of the moon, round like a silver apple. Luna turned left.

---------------------

---------------------

Part II: The Kind and Fine Wizard coming next! :punk:

--Jack

Well sadly I did say I felt like writing a serious story, not a funny one. But! Since you were so valiant in the politics thread Scut, I have indeed decided to write it. A serious one, I mean. If one can consider fairy tales serious.

I'll put it on myspace when it's done, but it's kind of taking a while so you get a preview of it as I write it.

Silver Apples

I. Luna.

Valiant? More like trying-extremely-hard-to-NOT-bite-anyone's-head-off. :naughty:

I love your story so far, it reminds me of the old fairytales I was raised on. Looking forward to the next part. :thumb_yello:

Ooooooooh a story :wub2: Love it so far, can't wait to see what part the wizard plays :mf_rosetinted:

And don't worry yop, we won't run out of popcorn this time, my daughter just returned from the New Year party with a bag of popcorn that is larger than her :shocked:

Happy New Year from me as well, apples!

Silver Apples

I. Luna.

Luna was often called a good-for-nothing girl, but in fact she was very good at polishing floors and silverware and furniture, and this was why she worked at the palace. She was not told this of course. The older maids all made out her hiring to be a matter of charity, as though paying 12 martens for a day of work would be charity to anybody. Luna took both the work and the pay without complaining, though. Even 12 martens was enough for a loaf of rough bread and a slice of cheese and some good warm cider, even if it was hard put to stretch for much else, and she had a sick old mother at home who depended on her. Besides, she liked working at the palace. Everything was so beautiful there: the floors that shone like mirrors, the mirrors that shone like the sun, and all the lovely courtiers who shone brighter than both.

Now it was New Year's time, and the palace was shining even brighter than ever. A ball would be held that evening, and thousands of candles within crystal chandeliers illuminated the ballroom with a brilliance that far surpassed any earthly light. Luna was kept very late getting everything ready for the ball, and she saved a special treat for herself for the last--polishing the silver apples that would be given as gifts to the ball's attendees. She smiled as she polished the pretty apples, and was glad enough that her work allowed her to enjoy their splendor, even if she would not be one of the lucky rich young ladies who would carry them home. She was so lost in thought as she worked, that she did not notice an older girl carrying a bowl of vinegar from the kitchen till she tripped over her, and the vinegar spilled all over the silver apples. Splotches and stains ran over all the apples that were hit, ruining all of Luna's work and sending the other girl screaming.

Immediately, all the scullery maids and housemaids rushed out to the scene, and even the head palace maid, with her terrifying ring of keys, appeared with the rapid click-click of her heels.

"Why you good-for-nothing girl!" The kitchen maid who'd tripped over her shouted, "can't you keep out of the way? Just look what you've done! What will we do now?"

The head maid fixed the ruined apples with her cold stare, then fixed the maids assembled before her with an even colder one. "There is nothing to do," she said calmly. "The guests will be arriving shortly. Salvage whatever apples you can, and put them in a silver bowl. We shall place it in the middle of the dessert table, and hopefully no one will see that we are a dozen short." With a sharp click of her heel and a severe jingle of her keys, she turned to face Luna. "As for you, you have until dessert is served to provide 12 replacement apples if you wish to continue your employment."

"But where could I get silver apples?" Luna pleaded. "I couldn't even buy one such apple, let alone a dozen, and all the shops are closed."

"Pick them off the trees, then," the head maid retorted, and walked off.

Without half knowing how, Luna found herself turned out to the gates of the palace, her shabby coat and scarf at her feet, and a bucket in her hand. To her right lay the road into town and home, to her left lay the woods. The moon sparkled overhead, lighting the snow, frosting the tree tops, seemingly in much better spirits than Luna was. Luna thought of her mother, sick at home, and the fact that she had no cider or supper to bring her tonight. She thought of how tired she was, and how the cold was already beginning to seep through the holes in her boots and mittens. She thought of the moon, round like a silver apple. Luna turned left.

---------------------

---------------------

--Jack

and then?... AND THEN??...MOREMOREMORE!!!

happy new year apples!

ok girls time to pop in!

ive got some good news

i lost 4 more kilos,

met a new man, well i knew him all along.he is a chef trainee in my hotel.

and he has the nices little bum u have ever seen!

strangely enough i like my man older not younger.he is 9years older.

and has just the perfect body(have i mentioned his bum yet?)

im happy with my life.

every girl has a jeans in her closet that she used to fit in and she loves.

u keep it because u think u will fit in it again.

and **** it, i finally do!

and i have the feeling that im in control of my life and not that im just running after!

im just totally happy!

kuss vally

Yes, more please!

(does Luna know you can get them in Primark?)

:lmao: Jack, I can't wait for Pt II with the Wiz!

Speaking of which I wanted to post his new year's greetings for anyone who didn't receive it already.

2153933412_a5de2d2790_o.jpg

im just totally happy!

kuss vally

:biggrin2: Wonderful!!! So nice to hear about your new man and your old jeans. Sounds like 2008 will be a great year for you.

happy new year apples!

ok girls time to pop in!

ive got some good news

i lost 4 more kilos,

im happy with my life.

and i have the feeling that im in control of my life and not that im just running after!

im just totally happy!

kuss vally

:punk:Wow...what a fabulous start to the year! Good job! At least there's at least one apple getting it right.

My start to the year isn't looking much different from last year's. I've already p!ssed off my hubby (once in the morning, then again in the evening), broke the New Year's Resolution that I didn't even give myself because I know I'd break it (ate a chocolate nanaimo bar without hesitation). And I'm coughing and achy. Also, can't figure out how to get rid of the colour pink on my MySpace profile. Other than that, everything's just peeeachy!

But my kids love me, I've been immersed in watching "The L Word", and I did not leave my house for the first time in weeks. Stayed in pjs all day and acted like a lazy bum - so that's 3 positive things. :biggrin2:

happy new year apples!

ok girls time to pop in!

ive got some good news

i lost 4 more kilos,

im happy with my life.

im just totally happy!

kuss vally

haha, at least one of us is in control! I can't imagine how you are when you are happy! You are such a whirlwind anyway!

kuss bab x

Speaking of which I wanted to post his new year's greetings for anyone who didn't receive it already.

Christine! FANTASTIC photo! That has to be the defining wix photo!

Thank you everyone! Yay vally, that's such great news! Especially about the jeans! Boy with nice bums are easy come easy go, but fitting into one's hot jeans is not as easy!

And I do so love Christine's photoshop. I suggest you all keep it in mind as you read the next part of my story... that should make it significantly funnier. Also, I'd be curious as to how old you think Luna is from my descriptions. I want to know what direction to go with her for the last part...

II. The Kind and Fine Wizard

Luna walked deeper and deeper into the forest, trusting her namesake the moon to guide her way. The path glistened in front of her but disappeared immediately into blue gloom behind. The ice-covered trees gently tinkled their encouragement, and moved their sharp branches aside to let her pass. Luna's fingers and feet had long ago gone numb from the cold, and the bucket she carried seemed to her to be frozen into her palm, but still the moon beckoned her on. The wind picked up, and a night snow began to fall, covering Luna's tracks till she could not find her way back even if she wanted to. Finally, just when Luna thought she couldn't go another step and would surely let the snow entomb her where she stood, she came upon a clearing in the woods, and the moon stopped still in the sky above her.

There was no wind in the clearing, and Luna noticed that the snowfall had stopped also. A small frozen lake, smooth as glass, lay in its middle, and trees adorned with frost and ice-drops as though with jewels stood guard at the clearing's borders. An odd rock formation rose to Luna's side, and then the rock coughed and Luna realized it was an old man so covered with snow and hoarfrost that he seemed to be melded into the rocks he was sitting on.

"Are you all right, grandfather?" Luna asked, coming closer.

"Oh, another winter, another worry," rasped the old man. "Getting too old now. Can't manage it like I used to. Blizzards get sent where flurries are meant to go, flurries get sent where there should be sun and thaw. But what can you do? My magic mirror's grown dull and spotty, and the squirrels are lazy and full of mischief; can't count on them to do any of the cleaning properly."

"Perhaps I can help," Luna offered, becoming aware that this was no ordinary old man. "I've cleaned many a mirror in the palace."

"Oh? That would be kind of you, lass," the old man replied. He pointed to the lake with one shaking hand. "That's my mirror, you see. Can hardly make anything out for the murkyness. I'd be much obliged."

Luna looked with dismay at the lake, and at her frozen hands, but she set about her work as best she could, using her scarf and coat to polish the lake till it became clearer than the clearest crystal. To her surprise, she found that her hands grew warmer as she worked the ice, and by the time she was finished she was as warm as if she'd been polishing silverware in front of a blazing hearth-fire.

"Well then!" The old man cackled as he cobbled up behind her, "feeling a spell better now, I hope, lass? That's a fine job you did on my mirror there. So what brings you to my wood, and what can I do for you in return?"

Luna told the old man of her plight, and sighed. "I don't know what you could do to help me, for silver apples don't grow even in summer," she said.

"Ah, that they don't my lass, but in winter they might," the elder winked. "It's your luck you come here on New Year's Eve. It's a special time you know, between when one year ends and another begins, and many things are possible that would not be possible otherwise. Tonight and no other night, all rules drop away for a few hours, and I think a miracle or two can be arranged."

With that he straightened up, and as he did, years seemed to fall off him along with the snow. A young man, strong and tall, with bright curly hair and bright warm eyes stood smiling before her. "There! Much better," he said. "Only tonight can I make winter and summer come together, so you best make good use of it, little Luna."

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" Luna asked, feeling as though she should be scared, yet incapable of being so.

"Oh, I know you well, little lass," the young man laughed. "I have seen you with the eyes of the moon, and I have seen you with the eyes of the sun. You do not know how bright you shine, Luna, brighter than the mirrors you polish, brighter than all the bright courtiers in the palace. As for me, I am twelve in one, I am birdsong and I am bitter wind, I am luck and I am disaster. But questions waste time and the ball is far underway, and we must hurry before it gets to midnight."

With that the young man raised his hand, and a sapling tree rose out of the ground in front of Luna, gaining strength and girth as it sprouted upwards, till it was a small apple tree in full bloom. He made another gesture, and the blossoms ripened into apples, heavy on the slender branches. "Get your bucket ready, Luna," the young wizard smiled, and blew on the apples. With his breath a silver sheen covered all the apples, as smooth and as bright as ever Luna's work could make them. "Well, why do you stand there? Go quickly, and take your reward!"

Luna scrambled after the apples, soon filling her basket.

"Don't be afraid to take a few more," the wizard laughed again. "Mine are a better gift than the dead mockeries of the palace. They can be eaten and bring more joy than just the joy of a surface glow." Then he picked an apple from the top of the tree, and held it in his hands. "I think I shall give you an extra gift tonight. This one is for you and your mother. Let her eat of it and it will cure her sickness, and it will cure any ill that may come to you as well. Keep it safe, however, and do not give it away to anyone, for it will hold your happiness." Saying that, the young man kissed the apple, and it blushed gold all over, shining like a small sun in the clearing.

Luna caught the golden apple as he tossed it to her, and deposited it carefully in her pocket. "I don't know how to thank you," she began, but the young man cut her off.

"No need for that, little Luna. I will ask another favor of you later, mayhap. But you must get back. It is almost midnight."

Luna started, and looked around the clearing, bewildered. "But I do not know which way I came!"

"Just so." Again the warm laugh. "Take a bite of your golden apple, Luna."

Luna did so, and it tasted of June sunshine, filling her with warmth all over. Then she saw that her old shabby clothing had melted away, and a new fur coat with snug mittens and sturdy boots had taken their place, all white and embroidered in gold. A downy scarf lay across her throat instead of her threadbare raggedy one, and a neat cap was on her head. The apple glowed in her hand, as whole as it had been when it was picked off the tree.

"Now take a bite of a silver apple, and think of where you wish to go, and you'll be there anon."

Luna hardly had the time to thank the young wizard, when sudden snow flurries swirled around her soon as she bit into the silver skin, and she stood again at the gates of the palace.

Running into the kitchen, she hefted the bucket of silver apples onto the cook's table just as the final cakes and ices were being prepared to go on the dessert cart.

"Are you late for the ball, my Lady?" one of the lead maids inquired politely. "Beg your pardon for speaking to you out of turn, but let me call a valet to get your coat and show you in properly."

"Show me in? It's me, Luna!" she cried out, out of breath. "I got them! Here is a dozen silver apples, and more!"

The kitchen maids stared at her in shock and consternation, taking in the silver apples and the rich new clothes. "Where in the world did you get all this, you thieving girl?" the lead maid demanded.

"I didn’t steal them!" Luna replied indignantly. "A kind and fine wizard gave them to me in return for some work." The bell was rung for dessert before she could say anything more. All the kitchen maids rushed to get the apples ready to be served, and Luna slipped away in the commotion.

"Follow her," the cook spat at a sour-looking girl, who was the very maid who'd tripped over Luna with the bowl of vinegar.

Luna ran swiftly home, happily clutching her golden apple in her pocket, not hearing the sour girl following her some while behind.

---------------------

---------------------

Next: Part III: Stolen Happiness.

--Jack

Wow, great picture!:thumb_yello:

Love the expression, no smile, no apple pose, thank you!

This is refreshing. :naughty:

And speaking of wizards, you must be one too, making pictures like this!:thumb_yello:

:biggrin2: Wonderful!!! So nice to hear about your new man and your old jeans. Sounds like 2008 will be a great year for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

HAHAHA, COULD YOU PLEASE STOP MAKING THE PURPLE TELETUBBIE OUT OF MIKA ! HE IS GORGUS !! oh, no, is that supermario or a scratch figure for kittens on his head? Ooh, take it off

II. The Kind and Fine Wizard

--Jack

Love your stories! Did I say that before?

As for Luna's age? To be honest, from the first part I imagined her very young but as our perceptions might have an impact on the end *cough* I think I might be able to imagine her early sixteen :mf_rosetinted:

Although I guess you're playing with our expectations here and we will get something quite unexpected in the end :roftl:

I hope he's not gorgus, that sounds rather unpleasant and possibly dangerous.

We here prefer to see him healthy and cheery as a purple teletubby.

--Jack

Don't say that, Jack :no:, as we all know Teletubbies are all openly gay as everybody can see from their antennas :mf_rosetinted:

Love your stories! Did I say that before?

As for Luna's age? To be honest, from the first part I imagined her very young but as our perceptions might have an impact on the end *cough* I think I might be able to imagine her early sixteen :mf_rosetinted:

Although I guess you're playing with our expectations here and we will get something quite unexpected in the end :roftl:

Hahah, no, being quite boring really.

I think I have an ending already in mind for now, but:

Would you like for there to be some sort of explicitly romantic tie between Luna and the Wizard, or would you rather it were all kept entirely platonic and innocent?

Keep in mind that you'd not be getting a sex scene or likely even kissing either way. :naughty: You pervos. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

P.S. I should also admit I am modeling this story on/being inspired by in no small part by S. Marshak's version of the "Twelve Months" fairytale, so you can get a general idea of where I'm heading if you look it up...

Hahah, no, being quite boring really.

I think I have an ending already in mind for now, but:

Would you like for there to be some sort of explicitly romantic tie between Luna and the Wizard, or would you rather it were all kept entirely platonic and innocent?

Keep in mind that you'd not be getting a sex scene or likely even kissing either way. :naughty: You pervos. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

P.S. I should also admit I am modeling this story on/being inspired by in no small part by the Slavic fairytale "Twelve Months," so you can get a general idea of where I'm heading if you look it up...

I'd go for the romantic tie - of course no kissing, you knitter, let's keep it bollywood - pfh as if you ever had kissing scenes in any of your stories :mf_rosetinted:

But hey, in the end it's entirely up to you :biggrin2:

*goes to find the twelve months story*

Oh and P.S: I love your story so far. (Didn't want to run the risk of forgetting to say it)

I'd go for the romantic tie - of course no kissing, you knitter, let's keep it bollywood - pfh as if you ever had kissing scenes in any of your stories :mf_rosetinted:

Hahah, Bollywood? So that they'd go dance in transparent white clothes in the rain and then he'd bend her over a petal-covered bench on the top of a mountain and kiss her throat, stomach and legs but never touch her mouth? :blush-anim-cl: Far too racy for me!

--Jack

Hahah, Bollywood? So that they'd go dance in transparent white clothes in the rain and then he'd bend her over a petal-covered bench on the top of a mountain and kiss her throat, stomach and legs but never touch her mouth? :blush-anim-cl: Far too racy for me!

--Jack

Hahaha, exactly, that was what I had in mind :lmao::lmfao:

I hope he's not gorgus, that sounds rather unpleasant and possibly dangerous.

We here prefer to see him healthy and cheery as a purple teletubby.

--Jack

stop being jealous ! he is gorgus !!!!

I WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY !!and he is NOT A TELETUBBY ! :annoyed_h4h:

stop being jealous ! he is gorgus !!!!

I WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY !!and he is NOT A TELETUBBY ! :annoyed_h4h:

Jealous, little me? :blush-anim-cl: I don't know, I'm generous enough not to skimp on letters when describing his looks, while as you appear to begrudge him 2 whole vowels! You greedy thing! :naughty:

Suzy, wow, you'd give her as much as 20? Hahah, you knitter, you only say that because you want me to hook her up with the Wiz!

--Jack