Theater Lovers!!! (Plays and Musicals)

LnrdToxic

Ohhh i'm in!!!

I'm a HUGE theater fan! RENT is my favorite, have you seen it?

I was in New York in April and i saw it 4 times. I also saw Beauty and the beast, which is amazing, and Legally Blonde!

I also love The Little Shop of horrors (first saw the film when i was 4), Grease, The Rocky Horror show, We Will Rock you and so many more.

Theater is my passion for sure!! :biggrin2:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MEMORY is still a beautiful song:)

I saw CATS in BlackPool in 1989 when I was 17. I had so much fun! That was an awesome year for me! The musical that year at Music School was Grease.

Do you guys like Grease?

Suzanne:)

Don't you think that Happy Ending would be an awesome anthem for a musical. Imagine Mika writing a broadway musical. He could do it. Imagine a musical based on his Characters...hmmmmm

Suzanne:)

I totally thought of this today...but a musical Mama Mia/We Will Rock You/Movin' Out/ Jersey Boys style...meaning, a storyline that would incorporate Mika songs in to it! ahahhah That be strange but awesome, It could totally be done, he just needs more songs as in right now! haha...

I had a few ideas...lol...

The lead would be the middle child *stuck in the middle*...lol, he'd be gay and have an affair with a married guy *Billy Brown, but before he came out of the closet he had a girlfriend, and she was a *Big Girl...lol... :naughty::bleh:...there could be a terrorist attack in the plot *Relax, Take It Easy....and of course a real bad breakup *Happy Ending

Ohhh i'm in!!!

I'm a HUGE theater fan! RENT is my favorite, have you seen it?

I was in New York in April and i saw it 4 times. I also saw Beauty and the beast, which is amazing, and Legally Blonde!

I also love The Little Shop of horrors (first saw the film when i was 4), Grease, The Rocky Horror show, We Will Rock you and so many more.

Theater is my passion for sure!! :biggrin2:

I have RENT the movie..kind of reminds me of my life years ago after college. Lots of confusion...

Legally Blonde is a musical? HMM that could work

Who likes WICKED? that is on of my faves.. its kind of like my own experience with a friend I had..sigh

I totally thought of this today...but a musical Mama Mia/We Will Rock You/Movin' Out/ Jersey Boys style...meaning, a storyline that would incorporate Mika songs in to it! ahahhah That be strange but awesome, It could totally be done, he just needs more songs as in right now! haha...

I had a few ideas...lol...

The lead would be the middle child *stuck in the middle*...lol, he'd be gay and have an affair with a married guy *Billy Brown, but before he came out of the closet he had a girlfriend, and she was a *Big Girl...lol... :naughty::bleh:...there could be a terrorist attack in the plot *Relax, Take It Easy....and of course a real bad breakup *Happy Ending

oh my god...hey we need to start a fanfic section.

I will be willing to start..!! oh goodness me...what you just said just shook me to the core..oh my god..i am trembling

I have RENT the movie..kind of reminds me of my life years ago after college. Lots of confusion...

Legally Blonde is a musical? HMM that could work

Who likes WICKED? that is on of my faves.. its kind of like my own experience with a friend I had..sigh

I got interested in RENT after seeing the movie. The live show is just amazing! I cryed all 4 times i saw it :) It's such a beautiful message.

Surprisingly, Legally Blonde is a musical. It started this summer on Broadway. I HAD to see it, cause i didn't believe they could make it into a good musical, so i had no expectations. But it turned out to be very funny and entertaining! I loved it!

I want to see Wicked soo bad! Oh, and Hairspray, The Producers (i love the film), The Phantom of the opera, Spring Awakening, Jersey Boys, Mama mia and so many more!

And i almost forgot, has anybody seen Avenue Q? It's hilarious!

any of you ever seen Meat Loaf in concert? Now that's a fine concert,,very Broadway like..especially Paradise by the Dashboard Light. I go crazy every time I hear that song.!!!

I love that song!!

Haven't seen him in concerts, but i would love to! Meat Loaf rocks! :punk:

Meat Loaf does awesome concerts. He played at the Memorial Arena here in Victoria ( ahem..nice venue..ahem..) and the place was insane. People from ages 8 up to 80 hopping up and down and mouthing every single word . There were gigantic inflatable puppets...imagine a big inflatable MIKA:)

..A MIKA audience would be exactly the same...the fun loving crowd..us singing along with every word.

you see I love fanfic..big LORD OF THE RINGS fan here.

Hey anyone going to the English LOTR musical ? hmmm?

me need to go see that !!!!!

Any LOTR fans?

My sister wants to go and see that, might surprise her for her birthday.

Just like we surprised my niece last year when we took her to London to see Spamalot, the Monty Python musical. She is a big Python fan and we told her we were taking her shopping in London. We only told her what we were doing, when we got off the tube, she loved it.

Other musicals I've seen are, Buddy and The Rocky Horror Show, but I'm very keen to see the new production of Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, with Lee Mead.

Has anyone ever seen The Full Monty? The senior music theater majors did it for this spring at my school, and I went just because I wanted to see cute boys in very little clothing :wink2: I really didn't know much about the show, but it was very funny, and I really liked the songs too!

West Side Story: Best. Musical. Ever.

very heart breaking musical..i love it too!!my mum's favourite when she was a singer in the 60s. My mum was always the lead in musicals when she was young in the late 1950's. She was in the MIKADO, West Side Story (when she was older) . Its a shame my mum didn't do any more. She has the most beautiful mezzo soprano voice I have ever heard. Are your parents into theatre too?

Oh, I forgot the ones I've seen:

Musicals:

- Annie

- Rent - AWESOME live. They actually had a live band to play the music there...it was so much fun..

- The King and I

- Oklahoma

- The Music Man

- Chicago

- Cinderella

Plays:

- The Christmas Carol

- Oakwood

- A Midsommer Night's Dream

Ummm...can't think of any others...

I was also in a production of Much Ado About Nothing and Romeo and Juliet.

Has anyone ever seen The Full Monty? The senior music theater majors did it for this spring at my school, and I went just because I wanted to see cute boys in very little clothing :wink2: I really didn't know much about the show, but it was very funny, and I really liked the songs too!

the college i'm going to is doing that for the last show of the 07-08 season.

when i looked up our schedule, i almost cried.

i've seen the movie, but not the stage show

i am horribly excited!!

the college i'm going to is doing that for the last show of the 07-08 season.

when i looked up our schedule, i almost cried.

i've seen the movie, but not the stage show

i am horribly excited!!

Oh you'll love it! Ours wasn't in our big theater...they did it in our very little, very intimate black box theater...so I was close-up on the action :wink2: :wink2:

Oh, I forgot the ones I've seen:

Musicals:

- Annie

- Rent - AWESOME live. They actually had a live band to play the music there...it was so much fun..

- The King and I

- Oklahoma

- The Music Man

- Chicago

- Cinderella

Plays:

- The Christmas Carol

- Oakwood

- A Midsommer Night's Dream

Ummm...can't think of any others...

I was also in a production of Much Ado About Nothing and Romeo and Juliet.

RENT really is AMAZING live. Did you see the one that is shown in NY or the touring one?

RENT really is AMAZING live. Did you see the one that is shown in NY or the touring one?

two members from the original cast (Mark [Anthony Rapp] and Roger [Adam Pascal]) are back on Broadway!!! Now! :thumb_yello:

Helloooooo!!!!:biggrin2:

Well,I'm a theater lover,too...I've been acted for 2 years in Rome..and then I stopped 'coz I'm living in another city,and a theater school is very far...:thumbdown:

well...we invented stories,so...when ppl came to see the play they could see very original and very,very nice plays!!!:punk: I fell totally in love with theatre,'coz I felt really good acting...and I laughed a lot...I forgot all bad things and I thought only to act!!!:mf_lustslow:

c'mon, lets nto let the theater thread die! :thumbdown:

:bleh: Has anyone seen Hairspray the movie? on Broadway? how do you compare the two? I didn't get the chance to see the movie yet, its a shame since i am a musical theater major lol, but i loved the Broadway production!