Theater Lovers!!! (Plays and Musicals)

LnrdToxic

Hello everyone, on another thread somehow the subject of theater came up and a bunch of MFCers seemed interested, so I figured I should create a group for us

WELCOME THEATER LOVERS!

Well, I've been involved with theater since I was a kid (although I took a break through middle school). I'm currently a Musical Theater major and Broadway is my goal! haha, It's such a hard career, but it's the only thing I can see myself doing and being happy, so I figured I gotta give it a try!

Ok, come in, introduce yourself, share your experiences in the theater (both as an audience member or a performer), list your favorite plays/musicals, tell us what you've seen, recommend new ones...etc...I'm So Excited!!! lol...:mf_lustslow:

SHALL WE CREATE A LIST OF "Theater Lovers" ?

Edit

WHO WANTS TO BE A THEATER LOVER?

Let me know and you shall!

LnrdToxic -Theater Lover #1

LittleTechieShelina - Theater Lover #2

purplegrape - Theater Lover #3

heineken22 - Theater Lover #4

TTel20 - Theater Lover #5

mercurygirl - Theater Lover #5

Mika4Life13 - Theater Lover #6

mika_lover123 - Theater Lover #7

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lrnd, i hope you know that you now own real estate in my heart.:wub2:

and, duh, we should make a list! that would be amazing!

My Favorite Shows to Work

Grease

Foxtales

W.A.S.P. (my student direct)

The Last Night of Ballyhoo

A Midsummer Night's Dream

You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown

The Complete History of America

Comedysportz:HSL (improv troop) http://www.comedysportz.com

My Favorite to See

Nunsense

W.A.S.P. (at convention)

Raisin in the Sun

110 in the Shade

The Insanity of Mary Gerard

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Adventures of Knight Valentine (at convention)

that's like 1/4 of my suggestions, but i think i could spend a week listing everything.

everywhere i go, i manage to find theatre people. i feels good. :biggrin2:

lrnd, i hope you know that you now own real estate in my heart.:wub2:

and, duh, we should make a list! that would be amazing!

My Favorite Shows to Work

Grease

Foxtales

W.A.S.P. (my student direct)

The Last Night of Ballyhoo

You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown

The Complete History of America

Comedysportz:HSL (improv troop) http://www.comedysportz.com

My Favorite to See

Nunsense

W.A.S.P. (at convention)

Raisin in the Sun

110 in the Shade

The Insanity of Mary Gerard

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Adventures of Knight Valentine (at convention)

that's like 1/4 of my suggestions, but i think i could spend a week listing everything.

everywhere i go, i manage to find theatre people. i feels good. :biggrin2:

OMG LAST NIGHT OF BALLLYHHOOOO i love that play, its not that great writing but I love it so much, its sooo funny! ahhah

ok well i dont have much time now to respond well adn create a list, bull ill work on it! haha, u'll be #2! :biggrin2:

OMG LAST NIGHT OF BALLLYHHOOOO i love that play, its not that great writing but I love it so much, its sooo funny! ahhah

ok well i dont have much time now to respond well adn create a list, bull ill work on it! haha, u'll be #2! :biggrin2:

i...i just don't know what to say so: :tears:

LNoB was our competition play (almost got to state)

p.s. i would wait forever for this list

yay!

i've been waiting for one of these kind of threads!

i'm still in high school, but i've done theater and drama classes since elementary/early jr. high.

my all time favorite plays are:

The Phantom of the Opera

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Grease

Wicked

The Producers

Seussical (gotta love it!) :P

Spamalot

i know most of those are musicals, but hey, they're great!

I love:

Beauty and the Beast

The Woman in Black

The Lion King SET (the acting was awful, but the staging was immense)

Blood Brothers weren't bad.

I want to see:

WICKED

Chicago

The Phantom of the Opera

The Woman in Black is excellent isn't it? I have seen it twice in the theatre and loved it even though I had read the book and seen it on the television beforehand!

YAY! I love going to the theatre, and I did a little drama in college, which was good fun as we did the Scottish Play (Shakepeare geeks will know what I mean). We did it dressed up as Russian soldiers, it was a contemporary take on it, I really enjoyed taking part.

When I was in primary school we did The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and I played Mr Tumlus. It was funny 'cause I had these amazing hairy looking brown trousers at the time and they were perfect to wear for it as he is a faun.

Wow, this is strange, I had almost forgotten about all this until I saw this thread, brings back great memories.

As far as going to the theatre goes, again I went to see the aforementioned Scottish play, when Peter O Toole was in it, and he kept forgetting his lines and he had to keep looking at the prompt. I know we shouldn't, but the group I was in started giggling (I was 16 and stupid), feel bad about it now, 'cause I have great respect for the guy, brilliant actor.

Also have seen Brendan Fraser in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, he was amazing, proved he can hold his own on stage, was riveted.

What I really want though, is to see Kevin Spacey on stage, he is one of my favourite actors, and I keep missing him when he does a play (really wished I'd seen him in The Iceman Cometh). So if anyone hears of him performing, if you could give me the heads up, I'd apprieciate it.

YAY! I love going to the theatre, and I did a little drama in college, which was good fun as we did the Scottish Play (Shakepeare geeks will know what I mean). We did it dressed up as Russian soldiers, it was a contemporary take on it, I really enjoyed taking part.

When I was in primary school we did The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and I played Mr Tumlus. It was funny 'cause I had these amazing hairy looking brown trousers at the time and they were perfect to wear for it as he is a faun.

Wow, this is strange, I had almost forgotten about all this until I saw this thread, brings back great memories.

As far as going to the theatre goes, again I went to see the aforementioned Scottish play, when Peter O Toole was in it, and he kept forgetting his lines and he had to keep looking at the prompt. I know we shouldn't, but the group I was in started giggling (I was 16 and stupid), feel bad about it now, 'cause I have great respect for the guy, brilliant actor.

Also have seen Brendan Fraser in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, he was amazing, proved he can hold his own on stage, was riveted.

What I really want though, is to see Kevin Spacey on stage, he is one of my favourite actors, and I keep missing him when he does a play (really wished I'd seen him in The Iceman Cometh). So if anyone hears of him performing, if you could give me the heads up, I'd apprieciate it.

you saw Brendan Fraser in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?!

you are so lucky!

and it makes me laugh that you got to be mr. tumnus and wear hairy pants :bleh:

i was the pig that lived in the straw house in The Real 3 Little Pigs in jr. high :biggrin2:

i got to wear a snout and everything!

Hey guys! I LOVE THEATRE! I AM A THEATRE AND DANCE DOUBLE MAJOR AT COLLEGE! I HOPE TO BE ON BROADWAY! I LOVE YOU ALL!

shows i have seen on Broadway (and you can see that I am obssessed):

Aida, Avenue Q, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Producers, Wicked, Spring Awakening, Jersey Boys, Hairspray, Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, Fiddler on the Roof, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Mamma Mia, Oklahoma, Caroline, or Change, Grey Gardens, Little Shop of Horrors, Wonderful Town, Sweeney Todd, Company, A Chorus Line, Mary Poppins, Spamalot, The Drowsy Chaperone, (i can't remember them all)

show i have been in:

wizard of oz, narnia, urinetown, fiddler on the roof (3 times):bleh: , christmas carol, it's a wonderful life, the music man, 1776, seussical

So yeah it's my thing and I am glad there is finally a thread on here for it!!!

LOVE TO ALL!

Hey guys! I LOVE THEATRE! I AM A THEATRE AND DANCE DOUBLE MAJOR AT COLLEGE! I HOPE TO BE ON BROADWAY! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Aida, Avenue Q, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Producers, Wicked, Spring Awakening, Jersey Boys, Hairspray, Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, Fiddler on the Roof, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Mamma Mia, Oklahoma, Caroline, or Change, Grey Gardens, Little Shop of Horrors, Wonderful Town, Sweeney Todd, Company, A Chorus Line, Mary Poppins, Spamalot, The Drowsy Chaperone, (i can't remember them all)

show i have been in:

wizard of oz, narnia, urinetown, fiddler on the roof (3 times):bleh: , christmas carol, it's a wonderful life, the music man, 1776, seussical

LOVE TO ALL!

JEALOUSY ensues!

i have yet to see a broadway show :sad:

oh, one day.

but seriously, all those shows-that's amazing!

ive never gone to a professional theatre not really, but ive just gone to a bunch of shows my best friend was in. And for kids and teens they were all really good, every time. Id like to see Wicked. OR any other play. I love theatre I wish i could do stuff like paint sets and act or whatever... but ive never got to do anything in it.because- okay now im getting depressed... ill shut up... Theatre's awesome :)

I love theatre... I skipped out on prom and went to a play instead... too bad I can't act for Jack sh*t. :naughty:

I also can't sing though I quite love musicals. I auditioned for Annie once in middle school, and I knew my singing was awful but my friend convinced to do it for the heck of it. ...you should have seen the look on the director's face when I started to sing. He cut me off after just a few notes, haha.

I love costume and props and such though. I joke that I collect so many random clothes because my goal is to have the type of closet where I can put together any costume at a moment's notice if I needed to.

My favorite playwrights are Oscar Wilde, J.M. Barrie and Gregoriy Gorin. The last one is Russian, and his plays are just amazing to see--the last one I saw by him (this spring) was probably my best theater experience in 10 years. Actually, I think American professional theatre is crap compared to Russian--each time I go, I am disappointed. I really like amateur and university and such productions, though. I also like children's theatre.

The last play I saw was "Never The Sinner" in a tiny venue in NY--that was fun, though the actors kinda sucked. :bleh: The last good production I saw was Steven Sondheim's "A Little Night Music" as put on by Yale Players.

Anyway, my favorite musicals....

"Into the Woods"

"Dolly"

"My Fair Lady"

"Godspell"

"Jesus Christ Superstar"

"Sound of Music" (I like corny, ok?)

"Cabaret," of course...

Oh, and a modern darkly hilarious musical: "Thrill Me! The Leopold and Loeb Story."

--Jack

OK well so i haven't listed my favorites yet!!!

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Altar Boyz, Anything Goes, Avenue Q, Beauty & The Beast, Children of Eden, Company, Dreamgirls, The Drowsy Chaperone, Godspell, Hair, Into The Woods, Jersey Boys, Little Women, Rent, Seussical, Spring Awakening, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Urinetown, Wicked,

Im so gald this can bring back memories, that's exciting! :thumb_yello:

show i have been in:

LOVE TO ALL!

N.B.F....WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? this is sooo funnyyy! AHhAHAH u little punk! I love you! :roftl:

I love theatres! I'm a bit of a Musicals addict. I always go and see them if there are any on locally but you can't beat the big west-end ones!

Ones that have stood out for me are Chicago, Cabaret, A Moulin Rouge production I saw completely in French (when I was in France), Starlight Express, Miss Saigon, Avenue Q, Wicked, We Will Rock You and a bunch that I've forgotten!

I don't think I've ever really been to one that I haven't enjoyed. Cats was pretty strange ...but I still kinda liked it.

Edited by -Jennie-

Sounds awesome you guys! I love Broadway theatre too!

Hope you have an awesome time and you live your dreams!!!

One of my favourite musicals is "Anne of Green Gables" I performed it in Grade 11 when I was 17. I was a farmer's wife! such good music!:) Both sold out shows!

Any of you know of CYMC , the big summer music and musical theatre

school on Vancouver Island,,the musical was Jekyll and Hyde.,.another of my faves!

smiles

Don't you think that Happy Ending would be an awesome anthem for a musical. Imagine Mika writing a broadway musical. He could do it. Imagine a musical based on his Characters...hmmmmm

Suzanne:)

...Cats was pretty strange ...but I still kinda liked it.

lol, the only one I HATE and don't understand WHY it's sooo popular! :thumbdown: *I don't mean to offend anyone, I just really don't like CATS (the musical, that is)

lol, the only one I HATE and don't understand WHY it's sooo popular! :thumbdown: *I don't mean to offend anyone, I just really don't like CATS (the musical, that is)

I liked the costumes and the music but the production itself was a bit too strange and ameturish.