What does this signify?

CazGirl

okay this is the whole story i've always seen behind it, it's a bit funny in the end, don't take it seriously please....

So someone broke his heart (crying heart), because of that he turned to drinking (bottle), because of the stabbing in the back that occured by the one he loved ( arrow near his back, and looks like a cupid arrow), he decided to let out his naughty side, and he killed that person, hence the RIP sign and the "shhhhhhhhh" :biggrin2:

:roftl:

I love this interpretation! :biggrin2::roftl:

I am sure he has not killed anyone like that.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think...

Heart with tears coming out of it: Means a tear-ing or crying heart from broken-heartedness. Not sure of the authenticity of this report, but there was a quote from Mika "I've been in love once. It was awful. I had my heart broken" or something like that.

Curiously, there are three tears. If what Mika said is true, then it can't be three people that had broken his heart...

The three (3) tears remind me of Mika when he said he likes to buy more than one thing, like 3 jackets and that he wears three watches. Three (3) is probably his favorite number. So, maybe three tears just because he likes that number.

RIP Well, Raffa didn't die, but maybe for the people who did die in the war in Lebanon or a family member. The cross because of his religious background (Catholicism). It's curious there's a red flower on it. He really seems to like the color red. Red often signifying blood/life/power. So a dying flower=dying/dead life.

Bottle with red liquid in it and splash: It looks like a liquor bottle to me, and almost finished. The red, again, perhaps signifies blood. Life is in the blood, hence all the drinking to get more life in him..? Some is spilled, presumably from getting drunk on so much of it and being clumsy about it.

Of course, it could just be red wine. :bleh: (But that's not a fun interpretation to me. :naughty: )

The man with horns and curly hair and the arrow seemingly directed into his back Looks like the devil to me. He's making the "Shhh, be quiet," motion. I notice he has curly hair like Mika.

Perhaps Mika sees himself as a bit of a devil (not good person)?

Mika has said once that when he was trying to get signed, the record companies tried to change him, to make his first record like everyone else and then on the second that he could do whatever he wanted and "I knew that was the devil speaking." Here, the devil's not, perhaps he's sshushing Mika... But there's an arrow aimed at his back so as to kill him, perhaps.

I may edit this post if other things occur to me and/or I change my mind about their meaning. Plus, I think I missed a symbol.

Caz, thank you so much for making a post about this. Believe it or not, I had really been wanting to talk about the meaning of his drawings, but I hesitated to post because no one seemed interested. Clearly, they are because of all the replies! :biggrin2:

interesting report! and no problem! :D

LOL mika is so confusing! haha, they prob mean lots of stuff and we'll prob never know :(

but this is what i think:

the "crying heart" can rep:

- the move from paris where he lived "a charmed life"

- his heart being broken (for the first time) and all the emotions associated with that.

- losing someone (that's where the R.I.P. comes in)

- the 3 drops, prob he likes the no 3 or it just happened to be 3.

well the suitcase rep all the moving around he did - and it has beirut, uk and the french flag (in the shape of a heart - a bit lol)

the wine bottle can rep that he turned to it during some rough times..i too heard somewhere bout it, but not sure...he tried to drown his sorrows by drinking. also wine is associated with paris, so the spilt wine can somehow rep his paris experience :S

the R.I.P can signify someone close to him who died..prob during the war a family member/friend died.

it can also figuratively represent the death of his first love.

the satyr...hmmm lol doesn't that have to do with male sex drive :S

- but perhaps the way it is drawn with the arrow, could rep someone (maybe his first love) and the arrow rep back stabbing :S

- or it could rep his sexuality :S in a way..since he doesn't want to disclose his sexuality..i dunno how to explain it, but maybe it has something do with that??????

That actually kind of makes sense! Still, I'm a bit confused...

Also, this lyrics from My Interpretation always confuses me:

"I don't need a reason not to care what you say,"

So, taking out the double negative, he does need a reason to care what the other person says?

"i dont need a reason not to care what you say" just means that sometimes, people say you NEED a reason to not care about things, or to care about things, or to do things. Mika's just saying he doesn't need a reason.

In the demo version of My Interpretation, Mika sings "I need a reason not to care what you say".

If you watch him sing the current version and catch his mouth movements, he still does not sing the "don't" in that line, he fudges it, so you can imagine it there, but it really isn't a clear word, just a "hmm" as a placeholder.

I always saw the bottle as a wine bottle, and the spilled wine always signifies drinking in that kind of iconography. The label on it makes it pretty clear that it's wine, and people who just kinda doodle often draw red wine as bright red.

I really think that people are putting too much into it (for once)? I doubt Mika consults symbolism dictionaries before he doodles things.

I think the horned figure is a Mika-devil, not a satyr.

As for "Ring Ring," I dunno, the story of that songs seems pretty straight forward to me. He was flirting with someone and wasn't sure where he wanted it to go/how serious he wanted to get about this person, but he decided to kiss them anyway. However, that person started moving way too fast, calling all the time, being obsessed with M, and so M got freaked out and stopped returning the calls. That caused the person to get angry at M and now "hate" him, even though it's still the same obsession. And that person still keep calling, except while before it was to say how much they loved M, now it's to scream at him about how M drove them crazy and now they hate M.

This actually happens pretty often.

--Jack

I know we kinda ended this topic, but still there is one thing that came into my mind. I've heard many times that Mika wrote "Love today" when he was in love and happy (in that French show (don't remember the name) the host said that and Mika didn't deny). But then he has said he's been in love just once and it was terrible. So - isn't this out of sync?

lets try a happier story:naughty:

the heart is crying...with joy!! cause he's finally 21 and can drink!! which he will do while traveling to the fabulous paris and the eiffle tower!! the "scary guy" is mika showing his naughty side when struck by cupids arrow!! and the R.I.P. is..... well, i need help with this one:naughty:

The RIP obviously symbolizes the departure of his virginity :bleh:

or maybe the death of the life or person he was before. Because I think it is there just to symbolize something it may not be a literal thing.

I think the guy with horns is MIka and he didn't like something about himself and the arrow kills off the part of him he didn't like as it was a secret hence the "shh" and it is dead and buried hence the "RIP"

(Oooo I do love to try to analyse st0ofs lol).

hmm I find Mika confusing too at times, he has always said he wrote Big Girl for the laaydeees at the butterfly lounge and that he got inspired to write it watching A Victoria Wood documentary on the butterfly lounge, he also said some of his family were big too but in the last interview I saw he didn't mention that at all he only said he wont it for his mum unless they edited out what they wanted to so it made Mika look like the all American boy as I think it WAS on the last American interview I saw).

I always saw the bottle as a wine bottle, and the spilled wine always signifies drinking in that kind of iconography. The label on it makes it pretty clear that it's wine, and people who just kinda doodle often draw red wine as bright red.

I really think that people are putting too much into it (for once)? I doubt Mika consults symbolism dictionaries before he doodles things.

I think the horned figure is a Mika-devil, not a satyr.

As for "Ring Ring," I dunno, the story of that songs seems pretty straight forward to me. He was flirting with someone and wasn't sure where he wanted it to go/how serious he wanted to get about this person, but he decided to kiss them anyway. However, that person started moving way too fast, calling all the time, being obsessed with M, and so M got freaked out and stopped returning the calls. That caused the person to get angry at M and now "hate" him, even though it's still the same obsession. And that person still keep calling, except while before it was to say how much they loved M, now it's to scream at him about how M drove them crazy and now they hate M.

This actually happens pretty often.

--Jack

well...I like my Satyr idea :bleh:

ofcourse people dont always search things up and discover their meaning before drawing - sometimes it happens naturally and don't even realise it. I do this a lot myself when I used to doodle at college. I never really knew what I was doodling at the time but once I had finished, I realised why I did it. Eh, it's kinda hard to explain.

I know we kinda ended this topic, but still there is one thing that came into my mind. I've heard many times that Mika wrote "Love today" when he was in love and happy (in that French show (don't remember the name) the host said that and Mika didn't deny). But then he has said he's been in love just once and it was terrible. So - isn't this out of sync?

no it's not out of sync. Before things go wrong you're happy, right? :bleh: lol so if what the host said is true, I think I may be right in assuming that Mika wrote Love Today during the relationship.

Hey gang!

You've all been on Mika's MySpace, so no doubt you've seen this picture:

seriesofevents0ey.gif

but what do you think it signifies?

I think the luggage is easy to understand...

could the R.I.P link with "any other world"?

the heart with the tear drops link with "my happy ending"?

or not?

what do you guys think? i just found it interesting lol..

actually i havent seen it!Lol!:roftl:

no it's not out of sync. Before things go wrong you're happy, right? lol so if what the host said is true, I think I may be right in assuming that Mika wrote Love Today during the relationship.

And then, Mika said he wrote pretty much all of his songs within a 1-2 year period, right? He mentioned this in a radio interview, that he wrote several of his songs while making the album, and that he didn't think it would be right to use songs he wrote over a really long period of time. So this relationship must have been fairly quick. Just speculating though.

And then, Mika said he wrote pretty much all of his songs within a 1-2 year period, right? He mentioned this in a radio interview, that he wrote several of his songs while making the album, and that he didn't think it would be right to use songs he wrote over a really long period of time. So this relationship must have been fairly quick. Just speculating though.

im speculating his relationship was during the college years. he made a lot of demos then (as he got a job as a waiter to help with the studio bills), so thats what i think.

im speculating his relationship was during the college years. he made a lot of demos then (as he got a job as a waiter to help with the studio bills), so thats what i think.

That makes sense, college is usually a growing up, coming of age experience.

I love how we're speculating about all these symbols and lyrics. :biggrin2: It would just kill me if I ever found out that Mika just drew these pictures randomly without thinking much of it. :roftl:

What I really would like to know is what Stuck in the Middle is exactly about, but I won't get into that because it's much too off-topic. Besides, I have a fair idea why it was written... :mf_rosetinted:

That makes sense, college is usually a growing up, coming of age experience.

I love how we're speculating about all these symbols and lyrics. :biggrin2: It would just kill me if I ever found out that Mika just drew these pictures randomly without thinking much of it. :roftl:

What I really would like to know is what Stuck in the Middle is exactly about, but I won't get into that because it's much too off-topic. Besides, I have a fair idea why it was written... :mf_rosetinted:

in an interview in a british newspaper, Mika wouldnt discuss the meaning of SiTM, but someone on here said it's about growing up and changing your perspective/feelings/opinions on your parents or something O.o

in an interview in a british newspaper, Mika wouldnt discuss the meaning of SiTM, but someone on here said it's about growing up and changing your perspective/feelings/opinions on your parents or something O.o

Whoops! Then my "fair idea" was not so fair after all. :biggrin2:

I would, but I'm afraid I'll start up the whole _ _ _ debate. :blush-anim-cl: But now I've just kind of given it away. :roftl:

ah ha!!

i had/have the same idea, especialy the

"This is just who i am/

this ain't a greater plan to break your heart, over me/

i know that what ive started'

means that when we have parted/

i could live an honest day"

ah ha!!

i had/have the same idea, especialy the

"This is just who i am/

this ain't a greater plan to break your heart, over me/

i know that what ive started'

means that when we have parted/

i could live an honest day"

is it not...

I could live in honesty as in (honesteeeey), that's how I hear it anyway lol.

Hi :)

I'm new here and hope you don't mind me joining in on the topic...

I think Mika is a very wise soul~

Wondering if he even knows how deep he is ??

Hello Darcy and welcome, I think he is too, and he may just be so used to himself that he doesn't know how to be any different than who he is , I always feel he is a very genuine person, but I think there are very many parts of his personality that he keeps private, or maybe I just have a good imagination. :wink2: