The Classic Rockers Thread

FairyFeller

Add me!

Love classic rock! I was born in the 60's, and love all music from the 70's.

Queen, Led Zeppelin, Elton John, Jefferson Airplane, the Eagles ...

All of it!

Added. :thumb_yello:

I wish I was around in the 70's...man, to have been able to see bands like Led Zeppelin live. *crosses fingers that the Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones reunion tour will happen* :punk:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Bonham died before I got to see LZ - but I did see Robert Plant in concert several times. I went to so many concerts in the 80's - Boston, Billy Squire, Def Leppard, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Rush, Ozzy, The Who, Rolling Stones ... all the big Icons - many more I can't even remember now.

I missed seeing Queen - that breaks my heart. Freddy died when I was in my early 20's. He was so secret about his illness, no one knew we were running out of time to see him.

John Bonham died before I got to see LZ - but I did see Robert Plant in concert several times. I went to so many concerts in the 80's - Boston, Billy Squire, Def Leppard, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Rush, Ozzy, The Who, Rolling Stones ... all the big Icons - many more I can't even remember now.

I missed seeing Queen - that breaks my heart. Freddy died when I was in my early 20's. He was so secret about his illness, no one knew we were running out of time to see him.

wow, you are lucky to have the chance to see all of them!

sadly, i was born about 25 years late :thumbdown:

and when Queen + Paul Rodgers toured the US, i completely missed out.

I like Paul Rodgers, but no one could take Freddy's place in Queen, for me anyway. I saw the tribute (not live), and I liked it, but no one can do his songs right for me.

It would be like Led Zeppelin touring with a singer other then Robert Plant ... it just doesn't work for me.

I like Paul Rodgers, but no one could take Freddy's place in Queen, for me anyway. I saw the tribute (not live), and I liked it, but no one can do his songs right for me.

It would be like Led Zeppelin touring with a singer other then Robert Plant ... it just doesn't work for me.

I know. I'll probably buy the new Q + PR album thats due out sometime in the near future, but its just not the same. I think its sort of like the new Van Halen tour which I see as a joke...Eddie's kid on bass? :blink::thumbdown:

Well, David Lee Roth always was VAN HALEN to me, for sure. But ... it's been a loooonnnngggg time since he was in his prime. I just don't see him having that staying power of Steve Tyler or Mick Jagger. I won't be buying tickets to a Van Halen Reunion show ... even though I was a fan way back when.

Hello all!

I love basically ALL the bands on the first page.

I grew up on The Beatles and all them other great bands, and I love Queen,Elton John, Eric Clapton, The Beatles,all of them.

So I'd love to be a classic rocker.;)

I've added you to the list. So what's your favorite classic rock band/artist? :biggrin2:

Hmmm....just one? Like half the list on the first page! :naughty: I guess Queen would be up there and Elton John...and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and Billy Joel, and Bon Jovi, and Eric Clapton, and AC/DC, and The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones, and Genesis, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Led Zeppelin, and Jimi Hendrix. Not necessarily in that order. :D Aren't you glad you asked? I basically just relisted everything on the first page. :)

Whoot , thank you!

Has anyone seen some of these bands live?

I have to pick my brain here. I was constantly going to concerts in the 80's. These are some that I do remember ... I'm sure there are more.

The Who

The Rolling Stones

Elton John

Guns n' Roses

Marillion

The Grateful Dead

Boston

Metallica

Eric Clapton

Electric Light Orchestra

Rush

Whitesnake

Roger Waters

Robert Plant

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Def Leppard

Billy Squire

Ozzy Osbourne

MeatLoaf

Yes

I've added Phish to the artist list, and Phunkygal to the member list. :thumb_yello:

So which classic rock artists has everyone seen live? I plan on seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers the next time they tour, and Whitesnake as well, but I haven't had the experience of seeing any of the others on the list.

I've seen Marillion a few times. But actually that doesn't count - it was the 'new' Marillion. I keep calling them 'the new Marillion' although Steve Hogarth became the lead singer in 1989 already. That was the year I discovered the 'old' Marillion with Fish as their lead singer (I mean - I found out that there was more than just Kayleigh) but they split up in 1988. I wish I could turn back time to attend the Clutching at Straws tour in 1988... (well I was only 14 then, but still).

Since 1992 I've been to a few Fish gigs. The last time was last year. He did one performance in Holland in spring - on his birthday, in the place where I grew up, a little town in the east of Holland with a cool (quite intimate) venue. I will see him again in October in Groningen. Fish is still my #1 performer - the man who was born with a heart of Lothian. :wink2:

Oh, what about Bryan Adams? He started his career in the 80s, I saw him back in eh... 1990 or so.

I've added Phish to the artist list, and Phunkygal to the member list. :thumb_yello:

So which classic rock artists has everyone seen live? I plan on seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers the next time they tour, and Whitesnake as well, but I haven't had the experience of seeing any of the others on the list.

i've seen Bob Weir(from the GD) and ya...thats it.c'mon im only 12 so unfortunately i couldnt see them before they broke up!lol!