The Classic Rockers Thread

FairyFeller

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are going to hate me for this, but....

Am I the only one who thinks Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin are overrated?

yeah

LOLOLO

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I kid

So...I'm a real guitar buff! (Don't play well but I love the people who do and the instruments they play on!)

I ask "Where are this generations "Hendrix's" and "Jimmy Pages"?"

They must be in hiding...becuase I can't find them any where!

By the way...my fav guitar is a Gibson Explorer (and Les Paul)...CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THOSE!

(My fav guitarist's pic is in my signature...ANYBODY WANT TO GUESS WHO IT IS?)

I've updated the first post with the last two people that posted, and I added Marillion to the list, after looking them up on google and getting some background info on them. :thumb_yello:

So what's everyone's favorite classic rock artist? Mine is obviously Queen, followed by Judas Priest, Deep Purple, and Whitesnake. :punk:

I've updated the first post with the last two people that posted, and I added Marillion to the list, after looking them up on google and getting some background info on them. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Well in that case... You could add Genesis too :naughty: . Another oldie - I love the album 'Selling England by the Pound' in particular - it's a pity I lost it when I moved houses.

My Top-5 is:

1. Marillion

2. the Eagles

3. Billy Joel

4. Genesis

5. Pink Floyd

1The Beatles (of course:wub2: )

2.Deep Purple

3.Elton John

4.Eric Clapton(i always liked his song Choker but when i heard he wrote it when his little son died..then i understood it..:emot-sad: )

5.Bon Jovi

6.Metallica

7.Whitesnake(came from deep purple...:cool: did that guy sing in deep purple? love his voice)

7.Whitesnake(came from deep purple...:cool: did that guy sing in deep purple? love his voice)

Yup, David Coverdale sang in Deep Purple after Ian Gillan quit. I loooove his voice. Its so powerful and bluesy. Everyone always likes to call David Coverdale a second-rate Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin), but in vocal battle in the present? Plant would get crushed, since Plant's voice has sucked since the early 70's. :naughty:

I need to be here....I was a rock chick in my teens:naughty:

I saw Bon Jovi when I was 13... just as Slippery when Wet was being released..!! All hail the the suede jacket with tassels look:shocked:

Have seen a few bands.. mostly following the hubby, but loving them myself too.

Just for old times sake.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22yHMCjNtk8