New single Happy Ending, I knew it would be

reason

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cause that would then be a re-release which generally means that an artist isnt doing well.

Personally i think he's made some amazing choices. It's exactly what i'd choose if i were releasing singles.

BG/GK/LT are all very funky upbeat tracks that do well on airplay. Happy Ending is a lot slower and will show his other side, but still works better than say My Interpretation because it has that power within it which makes it feel very epic.

Hi again btw, haven't been on here in a good while :bleh:

hey, what do you mean, that Relax, Take it Easy was a flop then in the UK ? Here in Belgium it has been several weeks on top of the charts, even on n°1 for some time (don't know I don't really keep track)

post-5596-142983671791_thumb.jpg

Cause that would then be a re-release which generally means that an artist isnt doing well.

Personally i think he's made some amazing choices. It's exactly what i'd choose if i were releasing singles.

BG/GK/LT are all very funky upbeat tracks that do well on airplay. Happy Ending is a lot slower and will show his other side, but still works better than say My Interpretation because it has that power within it which makes it feel very epic.

Realx Take it Easy was a LIMITED RELEASE; only a couple of hundred copies were allowed to be sold. It was NEVER an official release. Grace Kelly was his first official release in the UK!

Mika could easily release Relax Take It EASY. It wasn't a flop; it wasn't even released properly so it could never be classed as a release let alone a flop.

I totally agree, although I always thought My Interpretation was going to

be the next single -- just seemed that whenever Mika did an acoustic

set somewhere (record store, etc.) it was the one more laid-back tune

he played. I figured they were setting that up for a single release

eventually. Glad I was wrong! :thumb_yello:

No, you haven't been! But I do recall your name... could be

because I LOVE strudel... :wub2:

So... Where have you been? On tour? :naughty:

dcdeb

hey, what do you mean, that Relax, Take it Easy was a flop then in the UK ? Here in Belgium it has been several weeks on top of the charts, even on n°1 for some time (don't know I don't really keep track)

The same thing in Sweden, I believe. Well, I don't know about the charts here but..

They played Relax, take it easy pretty often on the radio way before Grace Kelly was released here, but no one really knew who sang it. And when GK got so extremely popular, peolpe sort of forgot about Relax, sadly..

Sorry I'm late, just wanted to add that :thumb_yello:

I allready know his next single will be Happy Ending, but i was hoping for Lollipop or Billy Brown. I think Happy Ending is not going to be as huge hit as Grace Kelly or Relax (if he is planning to release Happy Ending in Holland, cause he didn't release Big girl and Love Today). I just don't think it is going to be a nr.1 hit. I dunno why but i have some feeling about this. My mother thinks there is something behind it. She thinks that he is doing this to come back with a huge hit or something. I really love Happy Ending (i love all his songs), but i just don't think it's a good plan.

Wow that sounds....ehm...how do you call that (in Holland they call it zeurderig):blink:

Re releasing a song doesn't always mean an artist isn't doing well. Case in point, Kaiser Chiefs and Athlete.

The Kaisers re released I Predict A Riot after Oh My God did well, and Athlete re relaeased Westside after You Got The Style was successful.

And if I recall in the AOL interview (may not have been that one, but definitely one he gave, maybe the MTV winter warmer) Mika said that Relax wasn't actually his first official release, there were only 500 released as an introduction to the album for radio stations, so he could still release it as a single here.

Sorry to bring back the thread again, but i havent been able to come on the site so far.

Anyway, as to people who said that i said he was doing badly, i dunno where you got that from !

When an artist has to re release it usually means nothing else on their album is single quality. Take 'The Holloways' for example, not many people are aware they've had three singles before Generator, which in itself is actually a re release because they weren't shifiting any records.

Mika has a lot of tracks which would do well on airplay, which is what is required for singles to be successfull.

Relax wouldn't do well in the current scene of music on radio at the moment and there's far more tracks on the album which would do better.

The european music scene is VERY different to the UK's, and you cant compare them that easily.

Oh, and hi dcdeb, yeah it has been a while. Been busy with lots of things so that's why. Still wearing that badge as being the 10th memeber to join MFC though :P:

Sorry to bring back the thread again, but i havent been able to come on the site so far.

Anyway, as to people who said that i said he was doing badly, i dunno where you got that from !

When an artist has to re release it usually means nothing else on their album is single quality. Take 'The Holloways' for example, not many people are aware they've had three singles before Generator, which in itself is actually a re release because they weren't shifiting any records.

Mika has a lot of tracks which would do well on airplay, which is what is required for singles to be successfull.

Relax wouldn't do well in the current scene of music on radio at the moment and there's far more tracks on the album which would do better.

The european music scene is VERY different to the UK's, and you cant compare them that easily.

Oh, and hi dcdeb, yeah it has been a while. Been busy with lots of things so that's why. Still wearing that badge as being the 10th memeber to join MFC though :P:

I agree completely and I hope he also releases in the US, because here I know it would do sooo good. Right now most popular artist are putting out mellow songs, and Happy Ending would be perfect.

I think that a song as "Happy ending" is needed..because..all the songs that he had realased were songs full of life, melody and happiness..

so..

He'll realased HE and he would break the esteriotype.. (i don't if you can got the idea... but this is how i feel)

because HE is a song with a lot lot of meaning..

I'm not saying that the other songs are bad... or that their lyrics doesn't mean anything..

but HE.. It's a really really good song..

Personally

I would like "My interpretation"

Note: Love today is the second single which has been realased in Argentina..

and Grace Kelly was a HUGE hit here...

it's still in the boards ;)

Don't apologize! I like this thread! :thumb_yello:

Exactly, and the same could be said about trying to compare UK and US...

I listen to BBC Radio 1 much of the time, and while there is some overlap,

there are some tunes that would NEVER be played on US radio... and

actually aren't. Like, sadly, Love Today. I have never heard it once on

commercial radio here. :(

#10?! Wow. I'm impressed! Glad to see you drop in now and then, still!

dcdeb <only #1555>

Um, I didn't know about his new single until this thread.

I feel myself like a failed fan now. :tears:

Welcome back, Strudel!

I want a black and white video!!!

With a lot of nature , trees and wind in his hair \o/

Sorry, that made me laugh a lot!

Maybe too much hair, wind and trees in the image on my head.

XD

hauhauahuahuahuahua

I have crazy ideas o.O

Hahaha, it was alright. :naughty:

I find it kind of hard to imagine a calm video like Happy Ending by Mika...

If it's even going to be a video.

Im sure it would be great though.

I wonder what's it going to be about. O___o

Hahaha, it was alright. :naughty:

I find it kind of hard to imagine a calm video like Happy Ending by Mika...

If it's even going to be a video.

Im sure it would be great though.

I wonder what's it going to be about. O___o

I would imagine there HAS to be a video, doesn't there? I mean,

these days, if you release a single, there's a video to go along with it...

I'm anxious to see it, myself. I can imagine all sorts of things... but really

want to see what Mika comes up with. :blush-anim-cl:

It's a really great song. Really well produced. <3

I expect it'll be number 1, or around there (unless we get some bob the builder rubbish etc. unleashed on us, up there instead)

arrrggh! Or you could end up with more Disney Channel stuff, like we have

here... Miley Cyrus, High School Musical... oh, sure, it's fun stuff, the

first 100 times you hear it! :naughty:

But after all... it's not MIKA! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb