• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the news in the mail:

The Parc Des Princes in Paris, France, is hosting a spectacular music event: Coldplay will be playing a live concert on 07-09-2009

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts/coldplay_tickets/40712_coldplay_paris

I saw that, and thought: Mika totally got there first. :naughty:

Silly big venue! :thumbdown: I wouldn't go for front row at a Coldplay gig, as I know it must be quite difficult :naughty: - but I'd still like to be close enough to catch some butterfly confetti!! :wub2:

I'll say! I was 6th row and I felt like I'd cracked all my ribs afterwards :roftl:

i love this group from the beginning, i saw them at LYOn , where i live and i already have my ticket for september at Paris with Mikafans who also love Coldplay.
Aw cool! :thumb_yello:

I love them as well, although I got to know them better just last year, and would like to see them live as well

So, it seems coldplay will perform at Wembley in september?

Just in case , we should buy our tickets by ticketweb? because in France , there are already almost a few places seated!

thank you for the answer if someone reads me!

I must say that I do like Coldplay, although not to the extent of calling myself a fan, and I don't think that I like them enough to follow their albums and go to their gigs, but in essence I like their songs.

What did put me off a bit was an interview with Chris Martin where they asked him something about how they wrote songs, where their inspiration was or so, and he more or less just came to say that they don't put any particular meaning in their songs, and just make whatever sounds ok. It just sounded so......soulless...:blink:...I don't know, it bothered me. It was just like he was openly admitting that it was only a money making machine and that this was the motivation.

The meaning a song has for the listener is seldom the same it had for the writer before. I'm having a hard time imagining that there was no spine feeling involved when they wrote 'Fix You' or 'Yellow' or pretty much each of their other songs. :wub2:

But then... I guess if Mika claimed his songs had no meaning I'd still run to his gigs. :roftl:

The meaning a song has for the listener is seldom the same it had for the writer before. I'm having a hard time imagining that there was no spine feeling involved when they wrote 'Fix You' or 'Yellow' or pretty much each of their other songs. :wub2:

But then... I guess if Mika claimed his songs had no meaning I'd still run to his gigs. :roftl:

Same here.:naughty:

I must say that I do like Coldplay, although not to the extent of calling myself a fan, and I don't think that I like them enough to follow their albums and go to their gigs, but in essence I like their songs.

What did put me off a bit was an interview with Chris Martin where they asked him something about how they wrote songs, where their inspiration was or so, and he more or less just came to say that they don't put any particular meaning in their songs, and just make whatever sounds ok. It just sounded so......soulless...:blink:...I don't know, it bothered me. It was just like he was openly admitting that it was only a money making machine and that this was the motivation.

I like them, and think they sounds pretty good live, as I checked them out on Youtube. I'd love to see them live. A friend of mine is going to see them in September, and she will call me during a song, luckely:naughty:

It does sound a bit weird.

For me it doesn't really matter if it has a meaning or not. If I like it, I like it.

But yeah, to just..put it like that, it DOES sound a bit soulless.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Mari! That's great....I wish it could be the same for all Mika's gigs...or in general for all the concerts..it would be cool! :wink2:

From Coldplay's myspace:

Coldplay announce War Child show with The Killers - 28.1.09

We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay are coming together with The Killers in aid of War Child for an exclusive concert at London's newly renamed O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, in front of just 2,000 music fans, on Wednesday February 18th.

The event will follow that evening's Brit Awards. Each band will be bringing the highlights of their full set to the smaller stage in special 45 minute performances.

The night celebrates War Child’s 15th Anniversary and the release of their new album ‘Heroes’ (out on February 16th). War Child are supported for the evening by O2 to mark the launch of the O2 Academy venues.

Tickets to the event are £50 and will be available through a lottery system. The opportunity to enter the lottery will begin at 9am, Friday January 30th through http://www.warchildheroes.com. The official site - http://www.coldplay.com - also has a batch of 200 tickets which will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Check back to this website at 12noon 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) for details of how to buy some.

All profits from the show will go to aid War Child's work to protect the most marginalised children in war zones, who would otherwise be overlooked: street children, child soldiers and children in prison.

Coldplay.com

From Coldplay's myspace:

Coldplay announce War Child show with The Killers - 28.1.09

We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay are coming together with The Killers in aid of War Child for an exclusive concert at London's newly renamed O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, in front of just 2,000 music fans, on Wednesday February 18th.

The event will follow that evening's Brit Awards. Each band will be bringing the highlights of their full set to the smaller stage in special 45 minute performances.

The night celebrates War Child’s 15th Anniversary and the release of their new album ‘Heroes’ (out on February 16th). War Child are supported for the evening by O2 to mark the launch of the O2 Academy venues.

Tickets to the event are £50 and will be available through a lottery system. The opportunity to enter the lottery will begin at 9am, Friday January 30th through http://www.warchildheroes.com. The official site - http://www.coldplay.com - also has a batch of 200 tickets which will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Check back to this website at 12noon 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) for details of how to buy some.

All profits from the show will go to aid War Child's work to protect the most marginalised children in war zones, who would otherwise be overlooked: street children, child soldiers and children in prison.

Coldplay.com

:jawdrop: Lucky you, British people.....does anybody go there???

My Gosh, if there were also Mika I would escape over there!!