Hey-Yo.

willbish

After reading your forums for a while, I finally decided to join!

To introduce myself, I'll tell a little Mika story.

So.... I live in NYC, and I stupidly missed Nokia, so when I heard Mika was playing Bryant Park, which is basically my second home, I was soooo excited. I was getting ready to pull an all-nighter, as I got home midnight the night before and was going to leave home like 3 am to be right near the front. Then, I checked my facebook and saw that the concert had been CANCELLED. I was devastated. I knew that it had been moved inside the building, but, as I had previously had bad experiences with indoor GMA things (I went to see Zac Efron, waited like 4 hours and saw NOTHING) I just decided to not go, go to bed, and go to work in the morning.

So I started something at work which would take all day, then logged onto the internet to pass the time. I went through my daily blogs, among which is Perez's. There, I saw that MIKA HAD BOOKED A FREE SHOW AT HAMMERSTEIN. I was SOOOOOO excited. I was going to see him AT LAST FOR FREE!!!! Then, I continued reading, and saw the time: 1:30. 1:30!!! 1:30!!!! How was this possible? Mika was playing a free show, and an acoustic one, so it would be really intimate, but at 1:30 in the afternoon?!?! During work?!!?? And I couldn't get out?!!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I understand the man has a busy schedule and all, but that's kinda a bad time to schedule a concert, especially without advanced notice. If it was just 4 hours later, I could have gone!

But I hold no grudges. Things happen, right? I'm sure he'll come to NYC again, and this time, I'm going to camp a boxoffice. SERIOUSLY.

-------------------

Wow, that was long..... but that's my icebreaker Mika story, so here we are.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in New York city during GMA and his free gig...the whole day was spent with him practically lol... I'm from Chicago and we drove 12 hours to see him:roftl: I love New York! I'm planning on going to NYU if things work out alright... honestly, the best city in the world! You'll definatley get to see him, don't worry!

• 5 weeks later...