Happy Endinnn

xxprincesschezzaxx

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also love this video... I think the trick is to NOT take it too seriously - it is, after all, a "dream", an "other-wordly", "fantastical" kind of experience...

What is so beautiful is what is originally a heartbreaking event eventually becomes not only acceptable but truly "uplifting" (pun intended).

Mika finds help - and hope - in a most unexpected place.....

Call it cheesy, call it over the top. It's all open to individual interpretation.

But I truly believe our greatest revelations come to us in our dreams......

But I truly believe our greatest revelations come to us in our dreams......

WELL THEN MIKA NEEDS TO DO SOME MORE SLEEPING, BECAUSE THIS VIDEO WAS A FAILURE THAT MADE EVERYONE'S EYES BLEED!

And by 'Everyone' I mean 'me'.

Oh God! Please! Don't equate me with with Freud! ***gags***:bleh::thumbdown:

Haha, yeah, I know. That's why I put that I agreed too. :naughty: As kid that I know puts it: "Sigmund Freud is a D-U-M-M-Y PERIOD!" He was in our psychology class and got a warning but then he got kicked out when he called Freud a moron. Even though the kid has autism, it doesn't mean he still doesn't have good judgment but my psychology teacher didn't agree.

WELL THEN MIKA NEEDS TO DO SOME MORE SLEEPING, BECAUSE THIS VIDEO WAS A FAILURE THAT MADE EVERYONE'S EYES BLEED!

And by 'Everyone' I mean 'me'.

I might be included in that category, though maybe not so harsh. Maybe. I'm not sure yet on what I think of it. I guess I'm just not getting it.

Haha, yeah, I know. That's why I put that I agreed too. :naughty: As kid that I know puts it: "Sigmund Freud is a D-U-M-M-Y PERIOD!" He was in our psychology class and got a warning but then he got kicked out when he called Freud a moron. Even though the kid has autism, it doesn't mean he still doesn't have good judgment but my psychology teacher didn't agree.

Yeah, Freud - he's just a little too "anal" for me! ROFLMFAO!:roftl:

I have to say, I adore this video! It's so beautiful... I think if you get past the "cheesiness" of it, you'll see that it's wonderful because it's all in mika's head... an extraordinary place!

really just amazing!

I loved when he smiled at the camera and said "little bit of love" it was so childlike and cute... I melted when I saw that... no one makes me smile like mika!

I have to say, I adore this video! It's so beautiful... I think if you get past the "cheesiness" of it, you'll see that it's wonderful because it's all in mika's head... an extraordinary place!

really just amazing!

I loved when he smiled at the camera and said "little bit of love" it was so childlike and cute... I melted when I saw that... no one makes me smile like mika!

Yeah, I know, it's downright CHARMING!!!!:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

The hands - carrying him and the hands turning into the singing faces!

The eyes on inaminate objects!

Falling underground vs. floating into the air!

I'm afraid the comparison stops there...

When you "copy" or use another vid as a source of inspiration, aren't u supposed to make it better than the original? Bowie's clip was brilliant, especially if u remember it was made quite a while ago. The beginning of the Happy ending vid IS brilliant, better than Bowie's... The "Fantasia" version of the labyrinth hands was surprising but defo Mikaish, all good so far... but I insist the poses Mika takes in the second part spoil it all :(

Well I can't argue with anyone calling Bowie brilliant. :blush-anim-cl:

I am still not quite seeing the devastating awfulness, but I definitely agree that the end is much weaker than the beginning. For me it's all wonderful up to where he passes through the balloon-clouds, then pretty good till the string slips off his wrist, and then it gets... eh, all right.

--Jack

I'm afraid the comparison stops there...

When you "copy" or use another vid as a source of inspiration, aren't u supposed to make it better than the original? Bowie's clip was brilliant, especially if u remember it was made quite a while ago. The beginning of the Happy ending vid IS brilliant, better than Bowie's... The "Fantasia" version of the labyrinth hands was surprising but defo Mikaish, all good so far... but I insist the poses Mika takes in the second part spoil it all :(

Oh well...... different strokes....

and he can chock everything up to learning experiences... right? :thumb_yello:

I am still not quite seeing the devastating awfulness, but I definitely agree that the end is much weaker than the beginning. For me it's all wonderful up to where the string slips off his wrist, and then it gets... eh, all right.

--Jack

And YEAH! Bowie IS BRILLIANT - BIG TIME! NO QUESTION THERE!!! :thumb_yello:

I am still not quite seeing the devastating awfulness, but I definitely agree that the end is much weaker than the beginning. For me it's all wonderful up to where he passes through the balloon-clouds, then pretty good till the string slips off his wrist, and then it gets... eh, all right.

--Jack

Yep that's exactly whee the moment where it goes wrong... And I think the shock is even bigger because of the very good quality of the beginning...

I'll take a picture of them tomorrow. I haven't worn them in forever, because when I'm not wearing sandals, I'm wearing combat boots, and the socks don't come up high enough to prevent the pain of combat boots.:thumb_yello: