YAY! LiCM goes gold in Spain!

lazy_daisy

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find another thread about this article. It was published on a spanish radio site called 'Los 40 principales'. I attempted to translate the article; sorry if my english is not that good:

Last february, a single song, Grace Kelly, revolutionized radios in Europe: a new artist had born and with very special chacarteristics. His Freddie Mercury- style voice and his original conception of music, specially due to the vitality all his songs imply, made him climb quickly the sale lists podium in Europe.

In our country (Spain), Mika's rise has been slower; maybe giving only one concert in April and having to put off his performace in Summercase for forceful reasons, this summer, have delayed his becoming gold. A fault soon to be made up for, since he's performing on October 18th at Sala Razzmatazz, in Barcelona.

With his second single, 'Relax (Take it easy)', the London based singer and composer is not an unknown artist to the spanish audience anymore and confirms his is not a one-single success.

CONGRATULATIONS, MIKA! WORLD DOMINATION IS CLOSE AT HAND!

Edit: SORRY! I FORGOT THE ORIGINAL LINK!

http://www.los40.com/articulo/noticias/Mika/Pereza/chicos/oro/semana/40000/discos/vendidos/l40actn01/20070921l40l40not_1/Tes/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find another thread about this article. It was published on a spanish radio site called 'Los 40 principales'. I attempted to translate the article; sorry if my english is not that good:

Last february, a single song, Grace Kelly, revolutionized radios in Europe: a new artist had born and with very special chacarteristics. His Freddie Mercury- style voice and his original conception of music, specially due to the vitality all his songs imply, made him climb quickly the sale lists podium in Europe.

In our country (Spain), Mika's rise has been slower; maybe giving only one concert in April and having to put off his performace in Summercase for forceful reasons, this summer, have delayed his becoming gold. A fault soon to be made up for, since he's performing on October 18th at Sala Razzmatazz, in Barcelona.

With his second single, 'Relax (Take it easy)', the London based singer and composer is not an unknown artist to the spanish audience anymore and confirms his is not a one-single success.

CONGRATULATIONS, MIKA! WORLD DOMINATION IS CLOSE AT HAND!

Edit: SORRY! I FORGOT THE ORIGINAL LINK!

http://www.los40.com/articulo/noticias/Mika/Pereza/chicos/oro/semana/40000/discos/vendidos/l40actn01/20070921l40l40not_1/Tes/

Well Done, MIKA!!!

Thank you for posting this, my dear!!

GO MIKA!!! That's just fabulous!

I have the sad sinking, horrid feeling that this won't happen in the US anytime soon:sneaky2: ...*goes off and cries in a corner*

If it happened here in Portugal, anything is possible! LOL :naughty:

GO MIKA!!! That's just fabulous!

I have the sad sinking, horrid feeling that this won't happen in the US anytime soon:sneaky2: ...*goes off and cries in a corner*

Weird. I think it's bound to happen. I mean, come on! His song is already on a TV show! He'll make it, just give him time. :biggrin2: