Perez, Mika, and the MTV Europe Music Video Awards

CazGirl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a dumb question, but how the heck do you vote? :blink: Whenever I click Mika's name, absolutely nothing happens.

posted the same in the other EMA thread. need tutorial badly *and now I feel less stupid, cause others cannot find out how either* :biggrin2:

Me neither. It's exactly the same now as it was weeks ago when I went to vote, and I know that voting was still open then. I just gave up because I couldn't figure it out.

Hmm, I was able to vote a while back when voting was still open. When you would scroll over the artist's name, there would be an option to vote and an option to get more info on the artist. *shrug*

Article:

The MTV Europe Video Music Award nominees have just been announced and Justin Timberlake leads the field with four noms.

Mister JT dominated the Euro VMAs last year and he is set to repeat at this year’s show, being held in Munich on November 1st.

His closest rivals, with three nominations each, are Amy Winehouse, Avril Lavigne, Beyonce, Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Nelly Furtado and Rihanna.

Timberlake is nominated for Video Star Award for “What Goes Around,” Headliner Award after a world tour, Ultimate Urban Act and Solo Artist of 2007.

In the coveted Solo Artist category he is up against Furtado, Lavigne, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera and Mika.

Yay, Mika!

Fighting it out for album up the year are Winehouse, Lavigne, Linkin Park and Furtado.

Wino, for sure. We can’t believe Avril is even nominated!

Lavigne, My Chemical Romance, Mika and the Foo Fighters are expected to perform at the OlympiaHalle, while Snoop Dogg will host.

Sounds like such a fun night.

We might have to go!!!

Link here: http://perezhilton.com/?p=6032

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:punk: :punk: MIKA will be performing. I am so happy even though I will see it like a month later, I hope!!!

I hope he wins. And My Chemical Romance is one of my favs bands. as well. woooo

That, my friend, is called ignorance:thumb_yello:

I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't vote because the damn MTV site wouldn't let me down load the flashplayer required to do the voting, and judging by what some of the rest of you are saying, I wasn't the only one having problems. MTV really do have to make sure that everyone who wants to vote can vote and now it's started to make me suspicious of them. If Timberlake wins I'm gonna lodge a complaint, because not only was I gonna vote for Mika, but also the Kaiser Chiefs for Best Group and Natasha Bedingfield for Best Female, funnily enough all European, acts not US acts, who apparently are dominating the EUROPEAN Music awards.

I watched the Australian MTV awards a year ago and it was full of Australian acts who all won their categories, not the US acts. The MTV awards this year, understandably won by US acts as it's US based, even though there was some UK acts nominated, we never expect to win.

So why in the EMAs can't the European acts win without the US stars going off on one over it, (my earlier observation of Kanye West at last years), none of our acts throw strops at the MTV awards when they don't win.

I'm sorry to go on, but there are so many talented artists in Europe, why do US artists need to be nominated?, is it an ego stroking exercise on MTVs part to keep the US market on side or something. If that's the case how come they don't do it in the Australian awards, which at the moment I have more respect for as they celebrate their own artists (I'm not trying to be nationalistic,just fair to the European artists who work just as hard).

God you must be thinking I'm a right misery guts, but as far as I'm concerned fair is fair.

Thanks for listening to me rant, I'm done now.

he's gonna win at least ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

becoz i think the one who attend the show then who can get the award........

just my personnal thought according to my observation about mtv europe award...:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

BUT HE deserves an award we can see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His songs on music chart and his album on selling chart can trully prove that

it is a FACT :roftl:

And i know after he performs on stage, ppl must know the reason he win

AHHHHHHHH! I really want him to win:biggrin2:

I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't vote because the damn MTV site wouldn't let me down load the flashplayer required to do the voting, and judging by what some of the rest of you are saying, I wasn't the only one having problems. MTV really do have to make sure that everyone who wants to vote can vote and now it's started to make me suspicious of them. If Timberlake wins I'm gonna lodge a complaint, because not only was I gonna vote for Mika, but also the Kaiser Chiefs for Best Group and Natasha Bedingfield for Best Female, funnily enough all European, acts not US acts, who apparently are dominating the EUROPEAN Music awards.

I watched the Australian MTV awards a year ago and it was full of Australian acts who all won their categories, not the US acts. The MTV awards this year, understandably won by US acts as it's US based, even though there was some UK acts nominated, we never expect to win.

So why in the EMAs can't the European acts win without the US stars going off on one over it, (my earlier observation of Kanye West at last years), none of our acts throw strops at the MTV awards when they don't win.

I'm sorry to go on, but there are so many talented artists in Europe, why do US artists need to be nominated?, is it an ego stroking exercise on MTVs part to keep the US market on side or something. If that's the case how come they don't do it in the Australian awards, which at the moment I have more respect for as they celebrate their own artists (I'm not trying to be nationalistic,just fair to the European artists who work just as hard).

God you must be thinking I'm a right misery guts, but as far as I'm concerned fair is fair.

Thanks for listening to me rant, I'm done now.

i completely agree. Maybe it was a fake site or something LOL or you could only vote US acts.

Besides, the US isn't even in Europe! It's on it's own!

....right? lol my geography ain't too good xD

I agree with RAK1, there is something fishy going on!

Mika should win this award no question, and I don't say that because I'm biased, and I actually like JT too.

Isn't Mika one of the best selling artists in Europe this year, European (well, as good as), he's done so many great live shows in Europe this year, has been a major breakthrough star on the continent, etc etc. If there is any justice, he will win, but it's true that JT has the might of the US marketing machine behind him, so I feel I know what will happen, sadly :thumbdown: .

I'd vote for Meeks if I could!! It's very frustrating.