K, what are we expecting to hear from the hard 2nd album.......

Jason Murphy

oh gosh, i didn't mean to cause a commotion...:blush-anim-cl: nor to draw attention over me.. i thought everyone got me hinting to the outtakes *runs away from mods*

Oh no...you mean those outtakes? They are outtakes from LiCM, not a new album.

Unless you're talking about another set? :fisch:

Well.. I can't say that Sunny's name is a joke..:lol3:

But to dig up that old thread now..:blink:

It doesn't have to say anything at all..:doh:

And.. avoca.. if you have info and doesn't tell... I will shoot..:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: Poor Avoca.

I didn't mean that the digging up of the thread meant anything in relation to the second album. Just that after reading it, I realized that there were people posting on MFC who had heard the album several weeks before it came out.

So if someone had insider info about another album now...

(On a sidenote, I found it interesting that they were mostly men and they have very few posts, so they must have left MFC early on.)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(On a sidenote, I found it interesting that they were mostly men and they have very few posts, so they must have left MFC early on.)

That's what I noticed, too! I was going to post something about it but the thread was closed. It was virtually ALL men. I wish they would've kept posting. We need some more testosterone.

That's what I noticed, too! I was going to post something about it but the thread was closed. It was virtually ALL men. I wish they would've kept posting. We need some more testosterone.

Yes, especially the variety who have some sort of inside track on Mika! (or at least his music.)

And it would be nice if Sunny would grace us with his presence every now and then. :sneaky2:

:wink2:

Yes, especially the variety who have some sort of inside track on Mika! (or at least his music.)

And it would be nice if Sunny would grace us with his presence every now and then. :sneaky2:

:wink2:

Actually... Sunny does..:biggrin2:

He was here yesterday..:biggrin2:

(I bet to try our modskills wich I ruined terribly..:boxed:)

Yeah I saw Sunny on here a couple of weeks ago, he sometimes reads but doesn't have time to post he said.

Isn't it funny that those posts were almost all men, and they dropped out so early on. Overwhelmed by the estrogen levels??? Lost interest?? I wish we had more men here too!! (esp if they are the right age, nice-looking, generous and kind...oops sounds like I need a dating site (double oops my husband just came home!!))

Anyway didn't we just hijack a rare male thread???

Avoca sorry, I didn't realise you meant those *whispers* old outtakes.....

Here's a question (that i cannot answer!!), what can we expect from Mika's second album. Will be as light hearted and colourful as the last one or will it be dark and gothic (dont think so...). Will the Quenn legend Mr. May be on it as rumoured for so long and if so will it be more rock instead of pop??? What will his album art be like??? Will his live concerts be as mad as they are now??!! ( and i mean "mad" in a good way) Or am I just thinking ahead too much.

Anyway let me know your thoughts.....:wink2:

I'm expecting some ballads,crazy tunes ,angry songs !

I think the concerts will be more mad than they are now !:mf_rosetinted:

Isn't it funny that those posts were almost all men, and they dropped out so early on. Overwhelmed by the estrogen levels???

I was thinking along the lines that they were friends or acquaintances of Mika and/or people in the industry and now that there's a lot of crazy fan goings on here, it's not really somewhere they would feel comfortable discussing Mika.

it's gonna be angrier, like many said above. it's not gonna be rock, the way i see it, and I know what to expect, but I cannot say it now or mods will shoot me :biggrin2: and I bloody look forward to second album, cause I know mr M has in store grand things for us. :wub2:

oh gosh, i didn't mean to cause a commotion...:blush-anim-cl: nor to draw attention over me.. i thought everyone got me hinting to the outtakes *runs away from mods* :boxed:

I think I got what you're talking about and I don't see a problem actually. (Given that you and me are talking about the same thing, :roftl:) As far as I'm concerned I'm not afraid to say I would love to see improved versions of the demos (and in one case also the original raw diamond) on the new album. We weren't told not to talk about those songs, were we? I only got the message that Mika was not happy about the fact those demos were circulating in public after having been 'leaked' and so I don't share them. The damage is done and I reckon that the majority of the people here has them anyway so I don't see a reason why we should not express our thoughts about the songs.

I doubt that any of those will be on the album though (and I have a feeling that it is not Mika alone making the decisions in those matters) yet at least I want to say how much I'd love to acquire a copy of them legally and then 'officially' have them, if you get what I mean. They're far too precious to just exist in the underground. But maybe it is not entirely wishful thinking, now after Instant Martyr has been 'kinda' released officially...

They're far too precious to just exist in the underground.

Ah, but that is what makes them precious! :wink2:

I like the raw diamond aspect of a couple of the ballads and I don't think it's a coincidence or that they're necessarily better songs than the ballads that made it onto LiCM. I think the overproducing that went into the record kinda kills the subtlety and haunting quality of the sadder songs.

For me the big band sound works for the up tempo numbers and he should try to stay as acoustic as possible for the slow ballads.

Ah, but that is what makes them precious! :wink2:

That's true but people shouldn't be given a bad conscience having them, then. Not that I thought anybody would break being given the guilt card in times of countless p2p based file sharing networks... but there's a bad aftertaste to it when we have to refer to those songs as the 'unmentionable' demos

For me the big band sound works for the up tempo numbers and he should try to stay as acoustic as possible for the slow ballads.

Yes, that, definitely. Maybe the gap between the styles or just the intensity of the LICM songs and the demos has been too big to reconcile... but then there's Over my shoulder on the album and there goes the theory... we won't find out about the reasons for or against certain songs to be on the album..*shrug*

That's true but people shouldn't be given a bad conscience having them, then. Not that I thought anybody would break being given the guilt card in times of countless p2p based file sharing networks... but there's a bad aftertaste to it when we have to refer to those songs as the 'unmentionable' demos

I don't have a bad conscience over them and I don't think anyone should.

I've never heard a straight answer as to what exactly Mika said about these tracks and when. If he was upset that someone had released them onto the net without his permission, that kind of goes without saying, but it has nothing to do with us. They have been widely available for months and the couple of tracks that were slated for B-side release are out, so I don't see any reason not to discuss them now.

If MFC wants to make it a policy not to EVER discuss the tracks, that's their decision, but I don't have any ethical qualms about listening to them. I would be somewhat surprised if Mika is still upset about it at this point no matter what was said previously.

Yes, that, definitely. Maybe the gap between the styles or just the intensity of the LICM songs and the demos has been too big to reconcile... but then there's Over my shoulder on the album and there goes the theory... we won't find out about the reasons for or against certain songs to be on the album..*shrug*

I think Over My Shoulder was relegated to a hidden track precisely because it doesn't fit in with the style and theme of LiCM. The same goes for a couple of the other tracks, but perhaps Over My Shoulder is a personal favourite. He used to perform it live and leave some of the tracks from LiCM off the playlist so maybe he couldn't bear to let it go.

Maybe he doesn't really want to let any of these songs go and they'll be released on an EP. Then we don't have to worry about unmentionables :wink2:

I don't have a bad conscience either. I feel bad only cause it's all a do as I say and don't do as i do, since newbies are asked to forget immediately the topic, but everyone on forum seem to own the tracks (yes, now I said it :blush-anim-cl: ). my post above (mods, don't shoot me was pure irony, tending to my usual sarcasm... :fisch:). I am too criptic, i seem to create confusion for everyone, i apologise. :mf_rosetinted:

as for the tracks, yes, the infamous outtakes, I read here a while back, cannot recall posted by who, that some were going to be in the next album, with slightly modyfied title. I cannot remember who posted that. it was not me, and I am not giving any scoop. it was a thread with many replies a while back. I agree some of them may make it into the new album, unless mr M composes so many wonderful new tracks to replace these precious and unreleased material completely.

as for the tracks, yes, the infamous outtakes, I read here a while back, cannot recall posted by who, that some were going to be in the next album, with slightly modyfied title.

Oh I missed that. I'd like to hear some of them fleshed out a little bit. Well I did at one point. After hearing How Much Do You Love Me? I hope he's churning out a lot of brand new stuff.

I have heard Mika saying the following in interviews.....

"I want to promote the whole LICM concept (ie charaters, artwork, etc) as far as I can go....well for at least a year and a half" (ie til well into next summer). This makes me think that there will be another single from LICM as I have posted before that his management have said they wanted to release 5 singles from it.

" I already have half of the next album written" (said in interviews in the summer) It may well be finished by now!!

"I'm toying with the idea of releasing an EP before the next album called 'Six songs for Sorrow'.....mmmm, we'll see" I think he would use some of the sadder songs from the Demo set we've heard but remember that he's said he did 33 demo versions to send to record companies so there will be other demo sets that nobody has heard too. So, some other gems may show up like the 2 or 3 saddest ones we already know.

"The next album is going to have a much angrier sound" This kind of speaks for itself but I think he means angrier as in Grace Kelly kind of anger rather than rock music angry!

"I've realised from playing live what sounds good live so the way I write songs is changing to reflect that." I think he will be writing with the idea of performing in mind.......the song that's gone through the biggest transformation is Love Today. From the 'early' version to the 7 minute long version we hear today......it's progressed so much. I suspect new songs will have an energetic vibe that will carry them through into live perfomances.

Holy Johnny is very much a performance song and when performing How much do you Love me, Mika has included the over the head arm waving gesture for the audience to copy, indicating that it's a kind of anthem in the making.

Mika's got a natural abilty when it comes to song writing and he's obviously on a steep learning curve where he's sucking in, sponge like, ideas and inspiration from his new surroundings.........be it audience responses, people he's working with, life experiences or other performers...........it's going to make for a very exiting, enthrauling, explosive and extravangant 2nd album!! :biggrin2:

I don't have links to any of the interviews I'm referring to.......I just have a very good memory!! :bleh:

Vix x