a BIT RANDON BUT

emmylou

This Is A Bit Of A Random Thread But I Was Thinkbng Abiut While I Was Working Nights Last Night

What are Your Much Burning Unknown Answers To Quetsions About Mika

I Wanna Know

1. Does He Live At Home Still

2. Does He Drive

3. Does He Have A Tattoo?

I Know These Are A Bit Random But Its Just Stuff I Came Up With . I Had A Load Of Questions (you Can See How Busy I Was At Work On Nights Ha Ha) . I Had A Load More But Cant Remeber Them !!!

anyone else have any random questions

Emsxxxxxxxx

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The driving thing came up before. It was either some other interview, or maybe something he told a fan after a gig, but he said something that distincly indicated that he doesn't drive. But in that interview, he says he likes "driving in a car", so we were wondering if maybe he meant as a passenger. AFAIK, still no 100% answer to that one.

I've heard the basement-under-his-parents house thing; I also heard something about him getting some utility cut off for not being able to pay it while he was away. Sometimes its hard to sort fact from fiction. :blink:

I don't think he has any tattoos - after all, we've seen him topless, and in shorts, so if he does they're either really inconspicuous, or in really personal places.

I've always wondered - and I realize that this is ridiculously personal, and none of my freakin' business - but if his father is so wealthy, why has Mika referenced spending "student loan money" making demos? As in, if his family is loaded, why would he have gotten a student loan? Yeah, none of my business, I know.

I've also wondered - when he says his dad is "American", what does that mean? As in, unless an American is Native American, they generally have ancestry somewhere else. Is his dad ethnically, say, Scottish? English? Penniman sounds like some kind of Western European name, no...?

Yeah, left unchecked I can be a total stalker. I think that's enough for this month. :naughty:

The driving thing came up before. It was either some other interview, or maybe something he told a fan after a gig, but he said something that distincly indicated that he doesn't drive. But in that interview, he says he likes "driving in a car", so we were wondering if maybe he meant as a passenger. AFAIK, still no 100% answer to that one

Agree, I remember the report of the converstation with someone about not driving also.

I've heard the basement-under-his-parents house thing; I also heard something about him getting some utility cut off for not being able to pay it while he was away. Sometimes its hard to sort fact from fiction. :blink:

Not sure about this either, but he hasn't had a lot of time to move this year. It's not unusual for the basement of houses to have a separate utilites supply though. My friend worked for quite a few families as a nanny in that area and a couple of them gave her the basement flat, rent free, but own bills.

I've also wondered - when he says his dad is "American", what does that mean? As in, unless an American is Native American, they generally have ancestry somewhere else. Is his dad ethnically, say, Scottish? English? Penniman sounds like some kind of Western European name, no...?

Not sure what you mean? His father is North American as in USA, but I have no idea where the name came from generations back. Come to that I am English, but the same applies.

Go on, stalk a bit more!

He said driving around is one of his favourite things (Mika in 2 minutes) but you know he does like to mess with our little minds sometimes so anything is possible.

As far as I know he is still living in the basement but what do i know? :wink2:

I haven't seen any but unfortunately I have not had a chance to see everywhere if you know what I mean :wink2::roftl:

I've always wondered - and I realize that this is ridiculously personal, and none of my freakin' business - but if his father is so wealthy, why has Mika referenced spending "student loan money" making demos? As in, if his family is loaded, why would he have gotten a student loan? Yeah, none of my business, I know.

Yeah, left unchecked I can be a total stalker. I think that's enough for this month. :naughty:

maybe it is a personal ideaology thing about 'student loan money'. For example, i dont expect my parents to pay for anything of mine when i leave home, excepts for what they offer to pay for (portion of my rent) and i imagine with five kids that he would have to be pretty rich to pay for everything of theirs.

With mika's looks i can hardly imagine his dad being native american, I have a very english last name, but my ancestors moved here centuries ago.

Not sure what you mean? His father is North American as in USA, but I have no idea where the name came from generations back. Come to that I am English, but the same applies.

See, English and German and Italian and other European ethnicities are traceable back for centuries upon centuries - "English" is sort of as much an ethnic background as it is a country-of-residence thing. A decent chunk of people in England (and particularly other countries like Italy and Greece) would have to go back six or seven hundred years, if not more, to find any other ethnicity.

With the US and Canada, the only people who are "Canadian" or "American" without fairly recent ancestral ties to another nation are the natives who lived here before the "new world" was discovered. Going back three to five generations, most people here can trace their ties to another country. Ergo, it's perfectly acceptable for me to say "I'm Canadian", but my father's parents are from Sweden, my mother's mother from the Ukraine and my mother's father from Hungary.

So basically, I'm just being all stalker-like and wondering what other country Mika's American father traces his ethnic roots to. :thumb_yello:

See, English and German and Italian and other European ethnicities are traceable back for centuries upon centuries - "English" is sort of as much an ethnic background as it is a country-of-residence thing. A decent chunk of people in England (and particularly other countries like Italy and Greece) would have to go back six or seven hundred years, if not more, to find any other ethnicity.

With the US and Canada, the only people who are "Canadian" or "American" without fairly recent ancestral ties to another nation are the natives who lived here before the "new world" was discovered. Going back three to five generations, most people here can trace their ties to another country. Ergo, it's perfectly acceptable for me to say "I'm Canadian", but my father's parents are from Sweden, my mother's mother from the Ukraine and my mother's father from Hungary.

So basically, I'm just being all stalker-like and wondering what other country Mika's American father traces his ethnic roots to. :thumb_yello:

I see, you want to go back generations? :roftl: Can't really understand the obsession with this , but maybe that's because I probably come into the first category. Well, my Grandfather was Scottish, but as I am from northern England, quite near the border, that's no great deal. It wouldn't come up in conversation really though, I am just English,that's all!

Anyway, back to the stalking.........

I see, you want to go back generations? :roftl: Can't really understand the obsession with this , but maybe that's because I probably come into the first category. Well, my Grandfather was Scottish, but as I am from northern England, quite near the border, that's no great deal. It wouldn't come up in conversation really though, I am just English,that's all!

I wonder if heritage is maybe something that comes up more in North America, where everyone and their dog has fairly recent ties to some other ancestral country. I remember it even being a school project. Everyone did a sort of family tree, but instead of photos and info about our grandparents and great-grandparents, each student represented him or herself with a Canadian flag, and then three generations of parents and granparents with a flag from whichever country they were born in.

On a similar note, I've also wondered what part of the States Mika's dad is from; I'm studying linguistics, and of course Mika is a favourite "subject" with his "airport accent". Knowing that would be helpful when analyzing Mika's pronunciation.

*Disclaimer: Dear Mika, I am not a stalker. No, you do not need to hire more security.

Signed with love,

~LM

:biggrin2:

On a similar note, I've also wondered what part of the States Mika's dad is from; I'm studying linguistics, and of course Mika is a favourite "subject" with his "airport accent". Knowing that would be helpful when analyzing Mika's pronunciation.

I have no idea, didn't I read somewhere that his granny lived in New York, though?

I have no idea, didn't I read somewhere that his granny lived in New York, though?

Hmm, I didn't know that. All I know is that she's a fan of Oprah and Grace Kelly.

Hehe, I can just imagine Mika reading this and thinking "gosh, those MFCers want to know the strangest things about me...maybe I should make a MySpace post letting them know I put my right sock on, then my left. They'd chat about it for weeks!"

I also wouldn't mind knowing how his parents met - I'm sure that must be an interesting story.

Hmm, I didn't know that. All I know is that she's a fan of Oprah and Grace Kelly.

Hehe, I can just imagine Mika reading this and thinking "gosh, those MFCers want to know the strangest things about me...maybe I should make a MySpace post letting them know I put my right sock on, then my left. They'd chat about it for weeks!"

I also wouldn't mind knowing how his parents met - I'm sure that must be an interesting story.

It would! He is some kind of high flying banker isn't he? I am thinking he was working out there , hob nobbing with the cream of society. I am thinking she was the daughter of someone rich or well connected, well educated and very attractive.

Am I writing a fanfic now? :blink: Will the mods close us down?:naughty:

It would! He is some kind of high flying banker isn't he? I am thinking he was working out there , hob nobbing with the cream of society. I am thinking she was the daughter of someone rich or well connected, well educated and very attractive.

Am I writing a fanfic now? :blink: Will the mods close us down?:naughty:

Perhaps...:naughty:

He looked at her from across the room. Around them, the rich and powerful gathered over wine to discuss deals, dollars, and bottom lines. But his attention was elsewhere.

Her dark hair and exotic looks stood out like nothing he'd ever seen back home. Then, like something out of a dream, she approached him.

"You're from America, I hear." Her English was flawless, but beautifully accented.

"Yes, I've been transferred here. It'll be at least two years on this project." He looked down at his hands. What was he going to say to this exotic vision in turquoise silk?

"That's good to know - maybe I'll be seeing more of you."

Her smile made him weak. For a brief moment, his imagination spun wild - a home, a life, a yard full of five beautiful children. What was he thinking? How could a woman he just met have him so transfixed?

Entranced, he turned back to his drink.

haha, im laughing so hard at myself for doing this

i found an obituary in america for a penniman

http://distantcousin.com/obits/ny/1800/1864/feb/06/penniman_benjamin_s.html

other than that penniman is so rare that i typed something to google and i got the miksters wikipedia page

i just found this

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/pennyman-family-crest.htm

haha, im laughing so hard at myself for doing this

i found an obituary in america for a penniman

http://distantcousin.com/obits/ny/1800/1864/feb/06/penniman_benjamin_s.html

other than that penniman is so rare that i typed something to google and i got the miksters wikipedia page

i just found this

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/pennyman-family-crest.htm

Hmm - I'd never known anyone with that last name before. It would have been interesting to Google the name say, two years ago, before Mika's fame.

See - being a stalker is very, very contagious. Soon we'll be hiding in the bushes outside his gigs, wearing these:

20030814141152.jpg

But him saying that his father is american doesn't need to mean more than his father having been born/grown up in America.. He's got an american passport himself as well, so...

Yeah that's just it. He probably means just that, that his dad was born and/or raised in the US - being obsessive as I am, I was just wondering where his dad's lineage traces to, generations further back. :blush-anim-cl:

Yes Mika does drive. In a recent interview he says he enjoyed driving.

Nope... he enjoys going for drives, but apparently he doesn't actually drive...

I assume that his father is probably from New York then...

BTW Babs, I love your avatar!!! Clever!

haha, and we probably would