Mika's accent and other languages

lollipop_monkey

Yup, in Emmen. Born and bred. :biggrin2:

Brabant has funny accents too. The accent from the western part of Brabant is so different from the accent from the eastern part. My friend from the Efteling area has a lovely accent but I can't stand Hans Teeuwen's accent. :boxed:

Do you know Guido Weijers, the comedian? He is also from Brabant, with a very Brabant's accent. He had a sketch about people in important professions, like a policeman or a aeroplane-captain. Guido thinks they don't have power over people, talking Brabants: "This is your captain speaking, thank you for flying Transavia, Houdoe!" or a policeman from Brabant working in Amsterdam, the criminals will laugh in his face....

Hehe, I know him, yes... :biggrin2: I think he is right, but in Brabant the Brabanders have the power! :roftl:

Do you know the (quite serious) campaign about het Twents? I think it's quite cool. I love het Twents although I have never learned it myself (but I can understand it very well after more than 30 years).

;751747']ha ha :roftl:

it is me which is pointed out to him that one did not have to say to introduce his musicians :biggrin2:

after I gave him my drawing which it found incredible "incroyable" :blush-anim-cl:

and after we sang to him the song Gig Girls you are wonderful' date=' with a small alternative of Me, Johnny and Melie :bleh:[/quote']

What did he say when you told him? :naughty:

Lily is rather cockney...not to the extent that I've heard it, but still.

It's more like mockney. She's from the west side of town, not the east. It's all a bit fake.

Speaking of Lily Allen - the spoken intro in the LDN video always makes me shiver.

That intro makes me laugh. I love Can't Knock 'Em Out too, especially "no, it's not gonna happen. Not in a mill-i-on years."

Hehe, I know him, yes... :biggrin2: I think he is right, but in Brabant the Brabanders have the power! :roftl:

Do you know the (quite serious) campaign about het Twents? I think it's quite cool. I love het Twents although I have never learned it myself (but I can understand it very well after more than 30 years).

No, didnt hear of it yet. It's the same with me here in Drenthe: we live here for eight years now, I can understand their dialect quit well but I don't speak Drenths. (Never will because I don't want to....:wink2: )

• 2 weeks later...
i noticed on the red carpet, his accent was VERY, VERY British!

he usually has a sort of twang, but there it was like....really british :boxed:

Probably because he hasn't been stateside in months.

I wonder what Freddie sounds like after a few weeks on the west coast? :blink: