Mika's accent and other languages

lollipop_monkey

BTW. DO YOU SAY "BEEDLES" OR "BEETTLES"(I SAY IT LIKE OPTION 2., BUT MOST PEOPLE I KNOW SAY "BEEDLES")

It would probably sound like Beedles to you because I've been mocked for saying "wah-der" instead of water because that's how I pronounce a T in the middle of a word. There's a subtle distinction between the T and D sound to me but I guess people outside of North America don't hear it.

You devil! You have now got me sitting on my own, chanting Mika to myself, over and over.

You can tell me what I do when I see you . :boxed:

:naughty: You can do all the shouting at Mika and I'll record it for later analysis.

It would probably sound like Beedles to you because I've been mocked for saying "wah-der" instead of water because that's how I pronounce a T in the middle of a word. There's a subtle distinction between the T and D sound to me but I guess people outside of North America don't hear it.

I CAN´T BELIEVE YOU`VE BEEN MOCKED FOR THAT! I MEAN, MOST PEOPLE IN NORTH AMERICA SAY IT LIKE THAT

I CAN´T BELIEVE YOU`VE BEEN MOCKED FOR THAT! I MEAN, MOST PEOPLE IN NORTH AMERICA SAY IT LIKE THAT

I was in a country full of South Africans. In a year I only ever came across one person with a North American accent. Older South Africans only had state television growing up and even now they don't watch much American television.

You devil! You have now got me sitting on my own, chanting Mika to myself, over and over.

You can tell me what I do when I see you . :boxed:

ROFL! I actually laughed out loud when I read that. My boss looked at me like :blink:

I'll be home from work in two hours, then I'll dig up a YouTube clip. Miquita Oliver adds the "r" very obviously - I'll see if I can find one from her.

i speak french and i can tell you he has the hell of a british accent when he talks...:shocked:

you can hear that its not really a native language in the way that he has a quite narrow vocabulary and is not really self confident about his french.

but he is SO DAMN CUTE...:biggrin2:

im a language nerd as well:mf_rosetinted:

i speak french and i can tell you he has the hell of a british accent when he talks...:shocked:

That's interesting. I've never heard anyone say that although there's not a lot of objective criticism about Mika around here in any respect. The cute thing goes a long way. :naughty:

He has the perfect French accent but the main problem is his lack of vocabulary and that sometimes he build French sentences like they were English sentences:

"Laissez-moi introduire mon groupe" for "Let me introduce my band"!

French people has :das: thoughts everytime he says that!

Mica always said that French was his first language (he always adds "but we can't hear that now).

He doesn't feel very comfortable in French but I'm sure that if he lived in France during few months, it will be perfect!

Now Mica, you know what to do! :bleh:

He has the perfect French accent but the main problem is his lack of vocabulary and that sometimes he build the French sentences like they were the English sentences:

"Laissez-moi introduire mon groupe" for "Let me introduce my band"!

Does that mean anything else other than "Let me introduce my group?" Why the :das:? :D

Same feeling here : I don't think he sounds english at all when he speaks french.

You can just tell that he's not practising it enough, so sometimes, he won't find his words or use a litteral translation of what he's thinking in english.

But "musically" he sounds pretty french to my ear... I certainly can't hear the typical english accent !

Does that mean anything else other than "Let me introduce my group?" Why the :das:? :D

"Let me put something inside my band" :roftl:

We don't know what and where but we don't want to know

"Laissez moi vous introduire Saranayde" :lol3:

Same feeling here : I don't think he sounds english at all when he speaks french.

You can just tell that he's not practising it enough, so sometimes, he won't find his words or use a litteral translation of what he's thinking in english.

But "musically" he sounds pretty french to my ear... I certainly can't hear the typical english accent !

Exactly! He often hesitates.

Maybe it's because of that, people thinks he has an accent. But when he knows how to build the sentence and which words to use, he doesn't hesitate and speaks like French people!

I adore his "Ouais!"

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Someone needs to tell him what it means. And film it. :naughty:

In Nantes, I was :shocked: "Nobody has already told him". He always make the same mistake in France for each gig.

I thought about telling him but then i wondered if it wasn't a game for him! :naughty:

And then I forgot to ask him. I'm sure my head didn't want to tell him! That's too funny! :roll1: