babyblue

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

God, I miss SCONs. Canada doesn't really believe in them...

I lived on them in college. There are perks to attending a school with culinary programs on site!

Here's another interesting tidbit. Do all you Europeans have any idea how much of a "brand" Europe is over here? It's like, you walk up to someone one a street corner.

"Sir, would you like to buy this tattered bag of soaking wet mud?"

"Oh, no, none for me thanks!"

"But sir, it's European mud!"

"Oh, why didn't you say so!!" *pulls out wallet*

Anything "European" is automatically cool and fabulous. Stores boast of their "European-inspired" fashions. Driving a "European" car is something people brag about.

There's even a new large-scale condo development going up here, and the developers are calling it "London". Check out the marketing on this website:

http://www.ilikelondon.com/flash/index.html

There's even a new large-scale condo development going up here, and the developers are calling it "London". Check out the marketing on this website:

http://www.ilikelondon.com/flash/index.html

Isn't that the most awesome song ever? Did you notice I ripped off some of their marketing materials for my Myspace page? :naughty:

They started selling these condos in Toronto about 2 or 3 years ago. I couldn't get a lake view in my price range and was afraid to buy so far in advance on spec. I didn't know what would be happening with the market when I needed to sell my current condo.

But you're right Europe sells. They were 70% sold within a month which is why the best units were gone by the time I went in.

Maybe you guys should make a poutine thread :naughty:

I'm trying to think of another example of misunderstandings, but can't at the moment.

Wait, has anyone mentioned that over here, when we're drunk we say we're pissed, and other countries take it to mean we're mad?

I'm trying to think of another example of misunderstandings, but can't at the moment.

Wait, has anyone mentioned that over here, when we're drunk we say we're pissed, and other countries take it to mean we're mad?

Oh really?...I didn't know that!:naughty:

That took a lot of getting used to since there are a whole lot of piss-ups happening in Britain.

oh man...that stuff looks kinda gross...I've never heard of it before...

It looks gross, true... but it's SO GOOD !!!:bleh:

yeah that one got me confused when I saw the Jensen vid for the first time !

Pissed often means drunk here, too. A common one we hear is "pissed out of his tree" to mean "extremely drunk".

oh man...that stuff looks kinda gross...I've never heard of it before...

Gasp! It's quite tasty. Absolutely awful for your arteries, though. A friend of mine came up here from San Diego, and wouldn't go anywhere near it.

I should fly to Montréal just to try their poutine...