erase

laulau

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because it is only on the American album? Or because it is too much like what so many other artists are doing?

Is it? I mean is it too much like what so many others are doing?

I really like Erase, I've put it on my daughter's MP3-player and listen to it quite often.

It's a bonustrack that is not on the UK and European version of the album, only on the US/Can and Japanese version. So I guess that is why he never sings it. Although I would love to hear it live. I am not really a fan of the album version of Erase but I wonder what it would sound like when it's performed live.

It's a bonustrack that is not on the UK and European version of the album, only on the US/Can and Japanese version. So I guess that is why he never sings it. Although I would love to hear it live. I am not really a fan of the album version of Erase but I wonder what it would sound like when it's performed live.

But Ring Ring is also not on the European version and he does perform that one:blink:

Is it? I mean is it too much like what so many others are doing?

I really like Erase, I put it on my daughter MP3-player and listen to it quite often.

I love Erase too, it's brilliant, but it is quite similar to what someone like Robbie Williams might do - and I assume that goes against Mika's image?

yeah, cause it is a bonus track he might want to keep it a bit more exclusive

or maybe it is a bit unlike everything else that is on the album, like billy brown, big girl, and all that, with the cartoon characters, and he doesnt want to dilute that with too much other stuff, though really i have no idea

i really love erase though, its one of my favourites

Does anyone know why Mika never sings 'Erase'?

Maybe because it is only on the American album? Or because it is too much like what so many other artists are doing?

Those would have been my answers, too.

Ring Ring is on the UK version and it's part of the UK shows, so that is probably why he sings it at the European concerts too?

Hmm, it's a thing we should ask him. :naughty:

He sings Ring Ring every night doesn't he? It's part of the regular set list,

I think. He sang it in the states, as well.

So Blue... let's make a list, shall we? :wink2:

dcdeb

I have no idea! But I would love to hear Erase live, 'cause I reeeeaaaaaally like that song!

But, as you said before, it is maybe Erase is not too much like the other songs from LiCM.

If that were the case, then he wouldn't sing "Ring, Ring" either. Both "Ring, Ring" and "Erase" are very mainstream-sounding.

It's too Robbie Williams and I'm guessing Mika doesn't favour it much which is why it never made the European release or the setlist. It's not very Mikaish to me and I know a lot of people think it's autobiographical but it's got someone else's writing all over it. This is the kind of thing he could have churned out for the record company who just wanted him to write radio friendly stuff and instead wrote Grace Kelly.

It's too Robbie Williams and I'm guessing Mika doesn't favour it much which is why it never made the European release or the setlist. It's not very Mikaish to me and I know a lot of people think it's autobiographical but it's got someone else's writing all over it. This is the kind of thing he could have churned out for the record company who just wanted him to write radio friendly stuff and instead wrote Grace Kelly.

:naughty: Funnily enough, "Erase" is my mother's favorite Mika song, and it doesn't even sound like him much.

I think I read that Erase was co-written with a well known American singer/songwriter so maybe Mika doesn't really consider it 'his' material and/or there's a legal/cost reason that he can't perform it live?

Vix x

well he sang that song "how much do you care" live in paris and it is not really what i call original...:sneaky2:

but i dont care as its mika he can sing whatever he likes and ill listen...:wub2:

She is the co-writer of My Interpretation too (and as far as I know she is mentioned as a co-writer of GK) so I don't know if that's the reason?

In addition to Jodi Marr and Mika, "Erase" was also co-written by Desmond Child. He's a heavyweight songwriter who has written for the likes of Ricky Martin, Robbie Williams and Kelly Clarkson - not to mention about ten bazillion songs for Bon Jovi. I always thought "Erase" was somewhat Bon Jovi-esque, and also among the most "manufactured" songs on LICM. I would put money on a bet that it's certainly not one of Mika's favourites. That and, if he's going to take the tempo down at a concert, my guess is that he prefers to sing "Any Other World".

That said, I think Erase would do well on North American radio.