I Respect Mika (Part dos)

Finkster

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just thought of something. I don't mean to offend anyone or disgrace the thread but..I mean...if he free willingly takes off his top....grinds against big girl, kisses her in concert, does that poll thingy (yes you've all watched it over and over don't lie) and other very well...sex icon stuff, don't you think by merely discussing it and indulging in it, we're not doing harm?

Oh, that's interesting! I thought about what you wrote... I don't know,

but in my opinion even if he is a prosmicuous guy it doesn't

allow us to create these stories.

I just remembered a case from my country. There was a murder

of a woman who worked in cleaning area. When they questioned

the murderer he said he thought she was a prostitute. And that

makes me think: If she was really a prostitute, would he be

right to kill her???

Of course this is an example that doesn't fit this case, but we

can see how we can work our respect at any situation.

I can understand how people see this as a great festival, and

play with Mika in all the ways possible, and they really have

fun with it. But there may be a better way to make this

joyfull, and at the same time be sure that we are not making

Mika feel embarrassed.

That's my opinion, I don't want to offend anyone either.:flowers2:

Happy New Year! For All!

sorry bad english

I can understand how people see this as a great festival, and

play with Mika in all the ways possible, and they really have

fun with it. But there may be a better way to make this

joyfull, and at the same time be sure that we are not making

Mika feel embarrassed[/Quote]

that's what i am also thinking - we should all really self-censor our posts so that they dont make anyone feel embarrassed. it must already be a huge thing to have a fanclub but i dont feel well (and i think neither does he; i'd wonder if he didnt care about all this here at all :blink:) if there are posts that, well, hurt his private sphere so much.

i didnt get the poll-thing. my dictionary didnt help. do you mean the part where he is standing on the drums? (sorry)

NO, I ment when...well in i've been mikafied sig there is a video of him poll dancing in australia...

i mean if he poll dances for the world (and not to mention his fanclub) then who are we to be all taboo about it? Of course we won't discuss it as if it's THAT exciting but well...he did do it and we did watch it 500 times.

I respect Mika but I refuse to let someone else define what that means for me. I wouldn't be here if i didn't respect him.

There will never be consensus on what is appropriate on anything regarding him. But pandering to the ultra-conservative is a dangerous thing. Look at what's happening in the (not so united) states. If u fart in the general direction of some people, they not only take offense but they try to have your ass removed to prevent u from offending others.

This issue is not only a reflection of how u feel about such things but how u feel about Mika. Is he a delicate flower who needs protection from the "harsh" elements? If he is, he's in the wrong business. Dandelion or not, I like to think he's made of sterner stuff.

He's a grown man and should be mature and strong enough to handle some unimportant people discussing some thorny issues about his life. Fans are not lovers, family, or even friends. Our opinions should rank only slightly higher than those of complete strangers.

I'm not saying HE should discuss anything personal. In fact, he would be wise to give anyone trying to obtain such info. the one finger salute. Allowing the subject to become taboo is to give it and the people who want to discuss it too much power. And you're alerting your enemies that u have an easily targeted weak spot. This can't be good.

And the manners thing:

If i told u I'm the kind of person who always gives my seat to women and older men and I say thank you and please all the time, would u be shocked? A good person is not only about good manners. It's also about how u act towards those who are different, especially if they have less power. How you act towards the weak is what reveals you true character, not how well you treat those that are just like you and/or a more powerful.

I hope I made my point respectfully.

I don't know... I think that Mika can feel bad with things

written in other places, but not here... as it's a tribute for

him. That's how I see this forum. As a place to give him

support.

I don't see fans as strangers, we are all humans... there's

nothing unknown actually. I think everybody knows each other

somehow. Fans are admirers, and because of this there's a wish

to see Mika feeling well. This is my belief.

Well, I have one point... everybody here has its points of

view... Nobody will change, no one wants to be ruled. We can be

discussing this for a looong time. I still think that we can

find a better way to have fun. :thumb_yello:

NO, I ment when...well in i've been mikafied sig there is a video of him poll dancing in australia...

i mean if he poll dances for the world (and not to mention his fanclub) then who are we to be all taboo about it? Of course we won't discuss it as if it's THAT exciting but well...he did do it and we did watch it 500 times.

when did he pole dance?!?! :blink: i obviousely have not seen this video....

I respect Mika but I refuse to let someone else define what that means for me. I wouldn't be here if i didn't respect him.

There will never be consensus on what is appropriate on anything regarding him. But pandering to the ultra-conservative is a dangerous thing. Look at what's happening in the (not so united) states. If u fart in the general direction of some people, they not only take offense but they try to have your ass removed to prevent u from offending others.

This issue is not only a reflection of how u feel about such things but how u feel about Mika. Is he a delicate flower who needs protection from the "harsh" elements? If he is, he's in the wrong business. Dandelion or not, I like to think he's made of sterner stuff.

He's a grown man and should be mature and strong enough to handle some unimportant people discussing some thorny issues about his life. Fans are not lovers, family, or even friends. Our opinions should rank only slightly higher than those of complete strangers.

I'm not saying HE should discuss anything personal. In fact, he would be wise to give anyone trying to obtain such info. the one finger salute. Allowing the subject to become taboo is to give it and the people who want to discuss it too much power. And you're alerting your enemies that u have an easily targeted weak spot. This can't be good.

And the manners thing:

If i told u I'm the kind of person who always gives my seat to women and older men and I say thank you and please all the time, would u be shocked? A good person is not only about good manners. It's also about how u act towards those who are different, especially if they have less power. How you act towards the weak is what reveals you true character, not how well you treat those that are just like you and/or a more powerful.

I hope I made my point respectfully.

I apologize if I made it seem like I was defining what respect is..I posted on here somewhere that I have no authority to tell anyone what's right and what's wrong, it all comes down to your own judgment.

You made some good points here.:thumb_yello:

I've only quoted a bit to save space but this is one of the best posts I've read here.

I think this is the crux of the "we need to respect Mika" issue (not this thread in particular, but the vibe on MFC generally). Like we can't discuss or even think anything unless it would please and honour his royal highness.

It strikes me as attempt not so much to protect Mika but to give ourselves a level of importance that doesn't exist. We like to imagine that Mika thinks about us so much he is singing about chicken on television and by the same token would be gutted or put off if we said something critical or "disrespectful".

If Mika gets a flood of nasty MySpace messages from MFCers saying they are outraged because he is cancelling concerts without explanation he is going to sit up and take notice because we are representative of his larger audience and that kind of reaction is a threat to his career.

But Mika is not going to lose any sleep if some of us want to talk about his ass or idly speculate whether he prefers men or women. This is our playground, it's not Mika's living room. He knows if he enters here it's at his own risk.

I would imagine at this stage of his career he has far more important things to do in any case.

It strikes me as attempt not so much to protect Mika but to give ourselves a level of importance that doesn't exist. We like to imagine that Mika thinks about us so much he is singing about chicken on television and by the same token would be gutted or put off if we said something critical or "disrespectful".

:roftl: You have no idea how ridiculous I think that is. As if Mika took the time to change the lyric of a song around just for us. If Mika read some of our threads I tihnk he'd just roll his eyes.

Oh, but perhaps you do..

This may sound contradictory, but I agree with what you've said..

I've been looking back on this whole thread a lot, and it does sound quite silly..Mika obviously knew that these sort of things would happen with people looking up to him in many different ways..it's just what comes along with showbiz.

Still though, for my own reasons I myself prefer to keep what I post on here not so dirty, but I slip time to time..It's all natural, I believe.

I've been looking back on this whole thread a lot, and it does sound quite silly..Mika obviously knew that these sort of things would happen with people looking up to him in many different ways..it's just what comes along with showbiz.

Still though, for my own reasons I myself prefer to keep what I post on here not so dirty, but I slip time to time..It's all natural, I believe.

I haven't read much of the thread so I was commenting more on the general tone at MFC and not trying to say this thread is silly.

There's nothing wrong with keeping things respectful for civility's sake but I think dragging Mika's feelings into it all the time is going overboard. This isn't Mika's site and quite frankly, for the most part, I don't care what he thinks about what's written here!

There is some private information that shouldn't be discussed on MFC for various reasons, but I think that's a separate issue from "respecting" Mika.

Sorry, this is off topic, but Christine I did not know you were a day over 25.

I read somewhere that you were in your 30's. You have a very youthful look to you, what's your secret?

Yea..that was a little creepy. xD

Sorry, this is off topic, but Christine I did not know you were a day over 25.

I read somewhere that you were in your 30's. You have a very youthful look to you, what's your secret?

Yea..that was a little creepy. xD

:naughty: Thanks. I am almost 40. And I am very immature.

I guess that's my secret. :wink2:

:naughty: Thanks. I am almost 40. And I am very immature.

I guess that's my secret. :wink2:

Haha, I don't think you're immature from the posts I've seen.

You seem to be very mature, especially when the time calls for it.

That's important.:wink2:

I like contradictions. Very useful. It's your right not to join the dirty crowd.

The reason this whole respect thing is funny as hell to me is that people who are professing to have such "respect" are the same ones that would go ape**** if he really did show up in this forum. They would analyze every word in his posts and PM each other about it. Every time he logged in, it would be noted and evaluated. Somebody would PM him and if he responded well, others would follow whether he wanted them to or not. Somebody would invade his privacy and people would act offended while lapping up the info. gathered. Human nature would take over no matter what their intentions were. This respect thing reminds me of what trappers do to animals. Come here Mika, Mika, Mika. We won't hurt you. No, we'd never harm you, we respect you! Come Closer. Closer.

Run Mika Run

I wouldn't run but nobody ever accused me of being wise (or sane, or normal, or a fashion icon...) Mika's wise and he'll run. I know this because I know him. I never met him or anything but I can feel his wiseness. I see it every time I watch a clip of him shaking his ass. I always think, "There's a wise ass." All the other things I think about have been censored for your protection.

Seriously, I must express my deep concern for Mika's safety. You're going to smother him to death with all this respect. I know you don't care. I have seen evidence all over this forum of you not caring. You see I can add 2 and 2 together and get -4 with the best of them. You heartless people. Well, Mika, my love, I care. I'll protect you from all the "I don't care" people. Come here. Come to me my poor helpless baby. Closer. Clo-ser.

Btw- the secret to staying young is to never think like an old fart.

I like contradictions. Very useful. It's your right not to join the dirty crowd.

The reason this whole respect thing is funny as hell to me is that people who are professing to have such "respect" are the same ones that would go ape**** if he really did show up in this forum. They would analyze every word in his posts and PM each other about it. Every time he logged in, it would be noted and evaluated. Somebody would PM him and if he responded well, others would follow whether he wanted them to or not. Somebody would invade his privacy and people would act offended while lapping up the info. gathered. Human nature would take over no matter what their intentions were. This respect thing reminds me of what trappers do to animals. Come here Mika, Mika, Mika. We won't hurt you. No, we'd never harm you, we respect you! Come Closer. Closer.

Run Mika Run

I wouldn't run but nobody ever accused me of being wise (or sane, or normal, or a fashion icon...) Mika's wise and he'll run. I know this because I know him. I never met him or anything but I can feel his wiseness. I see it every time I watch a clip of him shaking his ass. I always think, "There's a wise ass." All the other things I think about have been censored for your protection.

Seriously, I must express my deep concern for Mika's safety. You're going to smother him to death with all this respect. I know you don't care. I have seen evidence all over this forum of you not caring. You see I can add 2 and 2 together and get -4 with the best of them. You heartless people. Well, Mika, my love, I care. I'll protect you from all the "I don't care" people. Come here. Come to me my poor helpless baby. Closer. Clo-ser.

Btw- the secret to staying young is to never think like an old fart.

I don't know what to say except, we need more like you on this forum :thumb_yello:

Can't verbalise exactly why just now (I have distractions) but I just liked your posts in this thread!

I didn't understand...

Why are we unimportant people? Saying that, we put Mika up

there and us down. I don't think it's like that. Independent of

others, Mika or whoever, our behaviour must make us (at first

place) feel good. I think what respect means to me makes me

feel good.

I don't know. What do you think?

I see very different opinions and I would like to know what

does respect really mean to you all???

I'm only curious.:wink2:

Why are we unimportant people? Saying that, we put Mika up there and us down. I don't think it's like that. Independent of others, Mika or whoever, our behaviour must make us (at first

place) feel good. I think what respect means to me makes me

feel good.

I don't know. What do you think?

I see very different opinions and I would like to know what

does respect really mean to you all???

I'm going to assume you're serious and give you a serious answer. Perhaps unimportant is harsh but it's true. In the list of important people in his life, especially personal, we fans should not be up there. Even in areas such as music, we shouldn't rank that high. He can solicit our opinions if he feels like it. But he should never feel he has to. He shouldn't have to live up to our needs, fantasies, and expectations in any area of his life.

We all have the right to believe whatever we want about him, just not to try to act as if we speak for him or know what he thinks. You can pull quotes of things he has said and bend it to fit whatever your point of view is. You can't prove that is what he meant. He is the only one that knows for sure what he meant and didn't mean by it. For all you know he might have been putting people on or changed his mind about it later.

When it comes to Mika, I respect his right to not care what I think about his life or want/expect from him.

I never met him or anything but I can feel his wiseness. I see it every time I watch a clip of him shaking his ass. I always think, "There's a wise ass."

That is the most awesome quote ever. I want to use that in my signature.

Oh and I totally agree. That is one wise ass.

When it comes to Mika, I respect his right to not care what I think about his life or want/expect from him.

You are my hero. Forget about Mika. I am going to worship you from now on. :wub2:

I just don't think people should contemplate who he ranks as important and unimportant...IT's not very healthy... There are different variations and moments in his life where I'm sure he appreciates someone more than someone else.

Fans are important for an artist though, not comparing them to family and friends :We made the difference.:glasses2:

I just don't think people should contemplate who he ranks as important and unimportant...IT's not very healthy... There are different variations and moments in his life where I'm sure he appreciates someone more than someone else.

Fans are important for an artist though, not comparing them to family and friends :We made the difference.:glasses2:

But it's all about context. As I mentioned before if fans are irate about cancellations and start bombarding him with angry messages, our opinions are important.

If we want to talk about him shaking his ass on MFC it ranks as totally irrelevant, if Mika has any sense. Whether he is sensible or not, I'm sure he doesn't know 99% of what is said here anyway.

I can barely keep up with about 10% of the threads and I'm here all the time. He's got more important things to do whether he appreciates us or not.

But it's all about context. As I mentioned before if fans are irate about cancellations and start bombarding him with angry messages, our opinions are important.

If we want to talk about him shaking his ass on MFC it ranks as totally irrelevant, if Mika has any sense. Whether he is sensible or not, I'm sure he doesn't know 99% of what is said here anyway.

I can barely keep up with about 10% of the threads and I'm here all the time. He's got more important things to do whether he appreciates us or not.

Yeah, I agree with that for sure.