Mika bans Boyzone cover

lcmlcm

Are you sure Alice is Mika?

I know I defenitely am not. I actually thought he might have bought the song....

Anyways, could any of you explain to me what BMI stands for? I might just be blind and stupid, but I just can't find out.....

It's Broadcast Music, Inc. They are responsible for licensing song rights for specific uses such as radio and television. If Boyzone wanted to purchase the song to record they would probably be dealing with Irving Music who is listed as publisher.

Alice has to be a pseudonym since the profile is linked to 28 of Mika's songs. Mika has mentioned the name Alice in an interview before as he favours it for a boy's name should he ever have one.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: Is that a "no" on the hot question then? Of course I've been around for over 39 years so I don't mind.

Well he's also credited as "Alice", but I think it's pretty certain his name is actually Michael. :wink2:

Eros Ramazotti is not my type but many girls are head over heels for him in Italy. He had a couple of hits in France so I would not say he's real famous here but he had his time of fame. He must be in his 40s, I was a young teenage when his first hit arrived in France, "Una storia importante" and I'm only 4 years younger than you Christine.

Regarding the Mica/Michael subject, I saw more credits to him as Michael than Mica. The only time I saw "Mica" was on this classical record he made, the Pilgrimage something in his early teens. So yep I guess it's Michael...

Thanks Christine,

that does explain a lot ^^

Now at least I won't die stupid. I never knew Alice was a boy's name as well... but there you have it: the ignorant rule the world i.e. me *g*

Why the press make such a fuss of it is beyond me though....

I'm sure Mika isn't the only one who has ever refused a song to another artist...

:bleh:

Greets,

Indigo

Not knowing all the details, I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Mika re-recorded and remastered and re-jigged his own album HOW many times? It's no secret the boy's a perfectionist.

He's said that he likes the fact that his songs can't be properly performed by anyone else (as in, karaoke) and I wonder if that extends to songs that he attempts to put on the open market. I think his inner songwriter would love to pen music for others, and expand the writing side of his career - but I wouldn't be surprised if he's having some kind of inner struggle between that desire, and his perfectionist side.

or maybe it's kinda like one of his "babies" and it's hard for him to let one of his "babies" go to an unsuitable home or even too hard to let them go at all.

as for ramazzotti, he is rather popular in italy, yes.

don't like his voice or type of songs. coincidentially enough we were talking about him with matt at mika gig.. :naughty: we both hate ramazzotti, but i have nothing against him :bleh: I mean i don't like his music or his looks, but he can be a fine person :biggrin2:

as for alice, maybe mika was being a little sarcastic..? :mf_rosetinted: sounds so like the beiruuuuuutttt thing.. :fisch:

em', I'm fairly convinced it's michael. shortened in mica for like.. ever. then turned to mika. :mf_rosetinted:

I can't believe Mika would ever make a public declaration that Boyzone is too cheesy to record his music because he doesn't trash other artists like that. But obviously something happened so he can't just dismiss the story as tabloid nonsense. I'm sure he wants to be careful what he says about it to the media.

Yes, I know, he's way too professional to get carried away with nasty celeb talk. Besides, he's the not in the least in need of that.

If the story doesn't die a quick death before he returns to the UK I would expect he'll give a proper answer instead of stonewalling the next time he's asked.

And I guess he has prepared it the minute he went out of that last Norvegian interview :naughty:

Are you sure Alice is Mika?

Never thought of that. :shocked::lmao:

as for ramazzotti, he is rather popular in italy, yes.

don't like his voice or type of songs. coincidentially enough we were talking about him with matt at mika gig.. :naughty: we both hate ramazzotti, but i have nothing against him :bleh: I mean i don't like his music or his looks, but he can be a fine person :biggrin2:

as for alice, maybe mika was being a little sarcastic..? :mf_rosetinted: sounds so like the beiruuuuuutttt thing.. :fisch:

em', I'm fairly convinced it's michael. shortened in mica for like.. ever. then turned to mika. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually I own one of Ramazzotti's albums, which I used to listen to non-stop... And I used to love Una storia importante lol...

Also fairly convinced it's Michael, turned into Mica as nickname. I know a couple of Michaels whom people shortened to Mica.

Yes, I know, he's way too professional to get carried away with nasty celeb talk. Besides, he's the not in the least in need of that.

And I guess he has prepared it the minute he went out of that last Norvegian interview :naughty:

Never thought of that. :shocked::lmao:

Pretty sure he got out of the interview with a "WTF you did not find this out before the interview?" to his team. "I never want this to happen again!" :naughty:

Actually I own one of Ramazzotti's albums' date=' which I used to listen to non-stop... And I used to love Una storia importante lol...

Also fairly convinced it's Michael, turned into Mica as nickname. I know a couple of Michaels whom people shortened to Mica.[/quote']

I think I'll try and get over the ramazzotti thing, :mf_rosetinted: as much as i like you.

and once again we agree over the michael/mica/mika thing. great minds, esp. if red headed, think alike. :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

Keep debating whether I should take mine off now that the original has been removed.........it's just weird that all the others are still there. I do feel bad admitting to knowing it but it is my absolute fave!! :wub2:

I'm a bad girl.......I'm a bad girl........I'm a bad girl. :wink2::roftl: :roftl:

mine too, it's.....to beautiful to describe in mere words, and I love "How Much Do You Love Me" too:biggrin2:

I think I'll try and get over the ramazzotti thing, :mf_rosetinted: as much as i like you.

and once again we agree over the michael/mica/mika thing. great minds, esp. if red headed, think alike. :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

Ditto :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted: .

Redhead power, you know. :mf_rosetinted:

In any event, the only thing I don;t like is calling the group "cheesy" but we don't even know if he even used those words. The same as when Michael Buble made a joke at Mika's expense--I see no need to denigrate another artist.

Pfft with a name like bloody BUBLE and he has the cheek to mock others, pah jealousy if you ask me.

I just listened to the snippet...I just dont think ANYONE would make a good job of Mika/Mica/Michael (lol) songs other than the big guy himself. (he also mentioned Alice Cooper in an interview but I can't remember which one).

I just listened to the snippet...I just dont think ANYONE would make a good job of Mika/Mica/Michael (lol) songs other than the big guy himself. (he also mentioned Alice Cooper in an interview but I can't remember which one).

What snippet? Where? :shocked:

What's a snippet by the way ????

well, i think other valuable performers/artists can do justice to his songs, not sure boyzone. most of all, I don't wanna be fussy, but i think they'd kinda remix the song, that's what worries me the most..

well, i think other valuable performers/artists can do justice to his songs, not sure boyzone. most of all, I don't wanna be fussy, but i think they'd kinda remix the song, that's what worries me the most..

I agree. I don't think a boys band is the best for Mika's songs, and I bet that's what he thinks too. I guess he aims for another kind of artist, with another kind of image (Madonna or something like that - I bet his dream is to write for Annie Lennox...).