Mika bans Boyzone cover

lcmlcm

I know that artists have the right to vet samples of their work, when someone wants to use a sample of a song on a track, and if the artist isn't happy with it, it doesn't get released.

Not sure if it's the same with complete songs, although I'm sure there must be a similar vetting process for that too, so I guess, if the story is true, that Mika envoked that right.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Boyzone is that they don't write their own material....they are a manufactured band in the real sense so they will be constantly looking through catalogues of songs written either by songwriters or other recording artists.

I think Mika will have planned to have a duel career like this from the start......I wouldn't be suprized if he has quite a catalogue of songs out there already that he has no intention of recording himself.

As for the MFC band............great idea!! When do we start rehearsing??? :biggrin2:

Oh and lastly..........maybe he is now considering recording this track himself and wants to remove it from the market completely. I notice that only one of the unmentionalbe tracks has been removed from You Tube which makes me wonder if that is one that he really wants to keep under wraps for a proper release?

Mmmmmmmmmmm......it's all very interesting! :sneaky2:

Mika really squirms when asked about this.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10194

I quote myself from earlier in relation to what he said himself about the amount of songs he has stashed away! :biggrin2:

I quote myself from earlier in relation to what he said himself about the amount of songs he has stashed away! :biggrin2:

He appears to have published a few that have not been recorded.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?page=1&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&fromrow=1&torow=25&affiliation=BMI&cae=477236431&keyID=976175&keyname=PENNIMAN%20MICHAEL%20HOLBROOK&querytype=WriterID

they make mika sound like the bad guy :bleh: it's his song and he can do what he wants with it but then again i really have no clue what's going on.. no one does except probably mika and boyzone :naughty:

Probably not even Boyzone. :naughty:

To me, it sounds quite obviuos from the interview that Mika knew all about it, except that it actually appeared in the papers that morning.:blink:

I think the story definitely has elements of truth in it. I don't even mind if it is true entirely, he has nothing to be ashamed of.:cool:

To me, it sounds quite obviuos from the interview that Mika knew all about it, except that it actually appeared in the papers that morning.:blink:

I think the story definitely has elements of truth in it. I don't even mind if it is true entirely, he has nothing to be ashamed of.:cool:

Yeah! Nothing to be ashamed. He did his job. He has the right to choose who can take his song.

Yeah! Nothing to be ashamed. He did his job. He has the right to choose who can take his song.

He seemed a little embarrassed indeed, being asked about it. But hey, really, why? Even though it might have made him a mountain of money piled up to his chin, his song still would be sold at cheap rate in a non-pecuniary sense. Like casting pearls before swine ...:mf_rosetinted:

this is exactly my thoughts!

it's his business, he's got the right to choose what is the best for his career!

thank you!

there's one in italian! it would be great if he'd keep it for himself:mf_lustslow:

it's interesting, even if i dont know how it works, coz when you click on this song the name "eros ramazotti" appears!

...even weirder, there's 2 "relax" songs!

thank you!

there's one in italian! it would be great if he'd keep it for himself:mf_lustslow:

it's interesting, even if i dont know how it works, coz when you click on this song the name "eros ramazotti" appears!

...even weirder, there's 2 "relax" songs!

A new rumor: a duet with Mika and Eros! :bleh:

It only means that Eros wrote a song with the same title. :wink2:

He seemed a little embarrassed indeed, being asked about it. But hey, really, why? Even though it might have made him a mountain of money piled up to his chin, his song still would be sold at cheap rate in a non-pecuniary sense. Like casting pearls before swine ...:mf_rosetinted:

I don't know about embarassed. I think he's just uncomfortable answering delicate questions without being prepared. Mika never lets anything slip and he probably didn't know how this story was being spun. The fact that someone in Norway was even aware of it probably alarmed him.

I can't believe Mika would ever make a public declaration that Boyzone is too cheesy to record his music because he doesn't trash other artists like that. But obviously something happened so he can't just dismiss the story as tabloid nonsense. I'm sure he wants to be careful what he says about it to the media.

If the story doesn't die a quick death before he returns to the UK I would expect he'll give a proper answer instead of stonewalling the next time he's asked.

Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for posting that. They make me very curious.

It only means that Eros wrote a song with the same title. :wink2:

I don't think so. The song has one BMI Work# so it's the same song that was listed in Mika's profile. I noticed that one of the composers is named "Alice". :naughty:

I don't think so. The song has one BMI Work# so it's the same song that was listed in Mika's profile. I noticed that one of the composers is named "Alice". :naughty:

good point:thumb_yello:

I didn't even notice that!!:naughty:

more over if you click on it, you find his own songs:naughty:

so, he co-wrote or composed a song with/to eros & produced it...very interesting:roftl:

ok, ok....maybe we should stop here...:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I think something happened for sure, because in the video he answers with: I don't want to talk about it. I'm sure he hasn't bashed Boyzone in public calling them cheesy, but yes, something occured that's a fact. What it is? We probably won't find out until Mika tells it himself. And I don't necessarily want to know. This is his business, his songs, his decisions.

so, he co-wrote or composed a song with/to eros & produced it...very interesting:roftl:

ok, ok....maybe we should stop here...:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

No way! :naughty:

Here's a sample of the song:

http://musicdownload.libro.at/servlets/2452685121527Dispatch/4/Call?htmltemplate=./lm/viewlm.htm&lmtype=TRACK&lmid=11658522

Is this guy as hot as his picture suggests? Dayum. :wub2:

No way! :naughty:

Here's a sample of the song:

http://musicdownload.libro.at/servlets/2452685121527Dispatch/4/Call?htmltemplate=./lm/viewlm.htm&lmtype=TRACK&lmid=11658522

Is this guy as hot as his picture suggests? Dayum. :wub2:

Oh God Eros Ramazotti... Has been around for over 20 years now...

Mmmh totally off topic but I'm still left with this question: Michael or Mica? This BMI thing is legal so if it says Michael...

Oh God Eros Ramazotti... Has been around for over 20 years now...

:naughty: Is that a "no" on the hot question then? Of course I've been around for over 39 years so I don't mind.

Mmmh totally off topic but I'm still left with this question: Michael or Mica? This BMI thing is legal so if it says Michael...

Well he's also credited as "Alice", but I think it's pretty certain his name is actually Michael. :wink2:

Are you sure Alice is Mika?

I know I defenitely am not. I actually thought he might have bought the song....

Anyways, could any of you explain to me what BMI stands for? I might just be blind and stupid, but I just can't find out.....

Anyway, I'm quite sure Mika had his reasons for not selling his song. Like he said, he never wrote any of it for anyone in particular. *shrugs* So maybe he's waiting for that special something ;-) to hit him before he actually gives away a song.

Greets,

Indigo

:naughty: