lcmlcm

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way! :naughty:

Here's a sample of the song:

http://musicdownload.libro.at/servlets/2452685121527Dispatch/4/Call?htmltemplate=./lm/viewlm.htm&lmtype=TRACK&lmid=11658522

Is this guy as hot as his picture suggests? Dayum. :wub2:

too late to stop :naughty:

Eros had a reputation of playboy in the 90's (not sure anymore)... he made a duet with tina turner in 1996(?) "cosa de la vita"... and one lately with Ricky Martin..:blink:

Oh God Eros Ramazotti... Has been around for over 20 years now...

Mmmh totally off topic but I'm still left with this question: Michael or Mica? This BMI thing is legal so if it says Michael...

yep exactly:thumb_yello:

this is what i have always said!!!

his real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman!:biggrin2:

and about Alice, now i understand how he gained some weight...the girls hasn't stopped feeding him in the other thread:naughty:

I'm certainly not a songwriter and in fact I have no idea about the business.

But I don't consider it so easy to give something away on the spur of the moment, that you have created, and that is hence a part of you. Especially if you haven't done so very often before. There's always a small or bigger part of a writer's soul in their pieces, however, what in the end is meant to reach and touch a listener must come from somewhere. And I think those pieces that have the power to reach people inside don't emerge from pure technique only. Thinking about it I'm actually happy not to be a songwriter or a writer at all because I probably couldn't stand anybody else impose their interpretation on my work and turn it into something it was not meant to be.

Whatever the reasons for rejecting Boyzone's version might have been, I'm actually glad that apparently money is not on top of Mika's list of priorities. And I truly admire that approach to choose the artists to touch his creations thoroughly.

yesterday they said this even on Mtv italy's news. they make us understand that Mika was the ''bad guy'',while boyzone were the poor ones...:thumbdown:

Hahahahaahahahahahhaaaaaaaa! LOL

This made my day :biggrin2: and says a lot about MTV IMO :mf_rosetinted:

This is the thing I don't like about this whole business with Boyzone - rightly or wrongly Mika is going to be painted as the 'bad guy' because a lot of people - like MTV and parts of the British press - just love an excuse to get at him!! :sneaky2: I wish we could just hear his half of the story otherwise 'they' will just go on interpreting it as Mika is a Baddie.

hmmm... I think Mika should release it himself!!!!! A Boyzone comeback does sound cheesaaaaaaay! Although... Take That's comeback was really successful...

Take That write their own songs though don't they? - Gary Barlow is actually a decent songwriter himself. I don't like this comeback craze that's going on at the mo but at least Take That have done it with a bit of credibility!

Take That write their own songs though don't they? - Gary Barlow is actually a decent songwriter himself. I don't like this comeback craze that's going on at the mo but at least Take That have done it with a bit of credibility!

If Boyzone are going to make a comeback then they should write their own songs.

If Boyzone are going to make a comeback then they should write their own songs.

Yeah they should.

It shouldn't be too difficult - their old fans are so fanatical they would buy anything they bring out as a single anyway - even three minutes-worth of tuneless farting into a microphone would get to #1 if it had Boyzone's name on it.

Someone dare tell me this isn't true!!! :punk:

Yeah they should.

It shouldn't be too difficult - their old fans are so fanatical they would buy anything they bring out as a single anyway - even three minutes-worth of tuneless farting into a microphone would get to #1 if it had Boyzone's name on it.

Someone dare tell me this isn't true!!! :punk:

:roftl: :roftl: You're absolutely right!

They will find someone else's song to do for their comeback, so really, what is the big deal if M put the kibosh on it?

I really don't understand why anyone had to go to the press with this story in the first place unless it was a deliberate attempt to paint Mika as a spoilsport diva.

Part of me (the part which can still be objective about Mika :bleh: ) thinks he shouldn't be so precious with his songs. Another part of me thinks it's his right to maintain artistic control over his work. I don't know which is right, but I DO know that some people have it in for Mika - the whole Build Them Up, Knock Them Down ethos in Britain - and that's what annoys me most.

Right I'm off to find a nice lighthearted thread now, are there any nice Mikagasmic pictures today????:biggrin2:

They will find someone else's song to do for their comeback, so really, what is the big deal if M put the kibosh on it?

I really don't understand why anyone had to go to the press with this story in the first place unless it was a deliberate attempt to paint Mika as a spoilsport diva.

Part of me (the part which can still be objective about Mika :bleh: ) thinks he shouldn't be so precious with his songs. Another part of me thinks it's his right to maintain artistic control over his work. I don't know which is right, but I DO know that some people have it in for Mika - the whole Build Them Up, Knock Them Down ethos in Britain - and that's what annoys me most.

Right I'm off to find a nice lighthearted thread now, are there any nice Mikagasmic pictures today????:biggrin2:

There are some great pics on there today! :wub2:

I really don't think it matters. First of all in the 21st century it seems that bad press is the best press going. Americans never paid Winehouse any notice until she started puking onstage and getting into bloody fights with her husband. Now her name's a household word.

If Mika wanted to sell 8 million albums the next go around, he'd have a better chance getting into a drunk driving accident with Lindsay Lohan or a punch-up with Pete Doherty than he would by producing a great body of work.

Secondly I think snubbing Boyzone gives him credibility no matter how the tabloids want to spin it. All it does is illustrate that Boyzone are no-talent hacks who can't write their own music and that Mika's songs are too good for them. Sure it can make Mika sound elitist but he obviously is on a different level to Boyzone artistically or there wouldn't have been an attempt to use his song and all this whinging about him not allowing it. That he would turn down £250K shows that his work is valuable and that he's not willing to sell out.

This is where I sometimes think Mika doesn't need such a tight control on his marketing spin. I really don't think it will hurt his career to be fairly honest and open about this kind of thing.

Maybe he just wants to keep a tight rein on everything because if he becomes regular tabloid fodder where his career is concerned, they will be more insistent about prying into his personal life.

I really don't think it matters. First of all in the 21st century it seems that bad press is the best press going. Americans never paid Winehouse any notice until she started puking onstage and getting into bloody fights with her husband. Now her name's a household word.

If Mika wanted to sell 8 million albums the next go around, he'd have a better chance getting into a drunk driving accident with Lindsay Lohan or a punch-up with Pete Doherty than he would by producing a great body of work.

Secondly I think snubbing Boyzone gives him credibility no matter how the tabloids want to spin it. All it does is illustrate that Boyzone are no-talent hacks who can't write their own music and that Mika's songs are too good for them. Sure it can make Mika sound elitist but he obviously is on a different level to Boyzone artistically or there wouldn't have been an attempt to use his song and all this whinging about him not allowing it. That he would turn down £250K shows that his work is valuable and that he's not willing to sell out.

This is where I sometimes think Mika doesn't need such a tight control on his marketing spin. I really don't think it will hurt his career to be fairly honest and open about this kind of thing.

Maybe he just wants to keep a tight rein on everything because if he becomes regular tabloid fodder where his career is concerned, they will be more insistent about prying into his personal life.

Well said, Christine.

In fact, if he did the opposite (letting just about anyone record his songs) I would be really upset.

He has to have creative control over what he writes...

Yes, at the end of the day my overriding feeling is that I'm glad he is staying true to himself and retaining some artistic credibility. As long as he didn't actually use the word cheesy with regard to Boyzone (I don't believe he would have) as he must maintain the moral high ground! :roftl:

It may not make him instantly popular - but then, he's in it for the long haul as he is always saying.

And he knows that if ever needs a popularity/celeb credibility boost he can go and beat up a few old ladies. Preferably with a spliff in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other.

:mf_rosetinted:

Christine wrote: Secondly I think snubbing Boyzone gives him credibility no matter how the tabloids want to spin it. All it does is illustrate that Boyzone are no-talent hacks who can't write their own music and that Mika's songs are too good for them. Sure it can make Mika sound elitist but he obviously is on a different level to Boyzone artistically or there wouldn't have been an attempt to use his song and all this whinging about him not allowing it. That he would turn down £250K shows that his work is valuable and that he's not willing to sell out.

AGREE! AGREE! AGREE!

In fact, that is the first thing I thought of when this story first broke--that it is GOOD publicity. It casts him in a more favorable light, as far as I am concerned

As long as he didn't actually use the word cheesy with regard to Boyzone (I don't believe he would have) as he must maintain the moral high ground! :roftl:

I wouldn't be surprised if he said much worse, but he can't do it publicly. I mean he could, but he won't because it's not his style. I think he wanted to cut off the interviewers questions because he didn't want to reveal his real feelings on the matter and hadn't had the chance to prep a more diplomatic response.

LOL! Ha! Is it just me or is that hilarious! Mika wrote a song, gave it to the cheesiest boyband ever and then took it back!!!Lmao! :lmao:

He would have made a fortune, but he can't handle the cheese!!!!LOL:D

Mika is funny:lmao:

Well Cheese is good:mf_rosetinted: