Opinions about the DVD "Live in Cartoon Motion"

stien

I love it! I think the concert is great and the documentary is very interesting, expect the part where he talks about Libano, running away, school, blah blah..the same..

Very funny the part ot wallet or purse? lol

Amsterdam your review sucks. :thumbdown::sneaky2: I think the concert is great. You should have taped the one in amsterdam if you liked it that much.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion about the dvd: the concert sucks. Seriously, in Amsterdam it was MUCH better. In Paris it seems like he's totally overexcited and cannot control his voice anymore. He's using his high pitched voice way too much, that's a shame. I mean I like his high pitched voice but not whole songs long. And the act with the animals isn't as funny as it was in Amsterdam. He doesn't say anything funny either (in Amsterdam some things were very funny like when he said that the band thought he got booehoed off stage because they didn't understand what he said in dutch). And he did all the songs where he plays the piano in a row, I like it more when he switches as he did in Amsterdam.

They cut a lot of the concert chat on the DVD, most likely because it was in French. He explains on the DVD that the animals aren't meant to be funny, although I'm not sure what they're about, except an opportunity for Mika to strip. :naughty:

I'm not sure what you mean about the high pitched voice. He is fairly consistent as to what parts are sung in falsetto. Does he always hit the note correctly? No. But he complained throughout the documentary that he was ill and things had only gotten worse by the time he played Olympia because he caught a very bad cold in the US earlier that month.

I didn't like Happy Ending at all, but I thought he hit the mark with the falsetto in Relax and the opening of Love Today so I enjoyed it. My personal preference is that he would use the falsetto a little more sparingly when he writes the songs, but this is how he wrote them, so you have to take it or leave it.

The extra's are great though. The documentary is cool, although there wasn't much new for me, he tells the same stuff again (about growing up and grace kelly etc). God, it would drive me insane to answer the same questions OVER and OVER again.

It drives me insane to listen to them over and over again! It's not even so much that it's old information but just that Mika comes off somewhat phony after watching him all these months answer those same early questions. There's no sincerity there anymore.

I'm surprised you think there isn't much new. I found a lot of the stuff very interesting. I didn't know that he wrote Instant Martyr because the women in his life were driving him nuts or that he first wore the animal costumes in Montréal.

He kind of slagged off Lily Allen which is unusual for him and I hate to think of the retaliation when she hears about it :naughty:

The acoustic live songs are absolutely fantastic!!!! I really liked the song Everybody's Talking. It was new for me, haven't seen that on youtube .

Another thing: longer hais looks better on him!!!!!

I like his hair just about any way except for the tight granny curls, but yeah it was nice to see his old hairstyle. The gig I went to was only 2 or 3 weeks before the shows that were taped for the documentary so it was kind of nostalgic to see the hair and clothes from that time.

That rendition of Everybody's Talking is the best acoustic song he's ever done IMO. When he does his own songs, he rushes them and the subtlety and beauty of his voice gets lost. This was really exceptional.

I'm surprised you think there isn't much new. I found a lot of the stuff very interesting. I didn't know that he wrote Instant Martyr because the women in his life were driving him nuts or that he first wore the animal costumes in Montréal.

He didn't wear the animal costumes in Montreal first :tears: but in Toronto :( He had the idea in Montreal though :biggrin2:

I loved the way he spoke of his bandmates and how he chose them. I wasn't sure he had the final say, but I guess it makes sense. He seems like a very loyal person to those who are in his life. I am jealous of the fun they seem to be having together outside of performing gigs. Gosh, if I could only leave real life for just a few months and travel in that tour bus with them...I'll be the gofer girl. :wub2:

He didn't wear the animal costumes in Montreal first :tears: but in Toronto :( He had the idea in Montreal though :biggrin2:

Wow, that and he first sang Holy Johnny. He was really trying to impress us.

Too bad he blew us off afterwards and we never heard from him again. :sneaky2:

I loved the way he spoke of his bandmates and how he chose them. I wasn't sure he had the final say, but I guess it makes sense. He seems like a very loyal person to those who are in his life. I am jealous of the fun they seem to be having together outside of performing gigs. Gosh, if I could only leave real life for just a few months and travel in that tour bus with them...I'll be the gofer girl. :wub2:

*sighs* My dream too :wub2:

Sometimes I wonder if being a songwriter and producer wouldn't be a better career choice for him, no matter how good he is at performing.

*chokes on glass of milk* I'm pretty sure there are laws against saying that, Christine. :shocked:

Besides, to be a full time songwriter he'd have to stop being such a perfectionist. :naughty:

Hey Suzy, were you in this video? Guess this is the first footage of the animal costumes. :shocked:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kog5vQ05hes

And the first performance of Holy Johnny when I, the gasping man beside me, and probably the whole audience thought Mika was going to start making out with Martin at any moment. :naughty:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JqJE5_0psZc

Hey Suzy, were you in this video? Guess this is the first footage of the animal costumes. :shocked:

And the first performance of Holy Johnny when I, the gasping man beside me, and probably the whole audience thought Mika was going to start making out with Martin at any moment. :naughty:

I so wish I'd been to this one too! *sigh*

:das::das:

Little Mika. He was so small then! :roftl: It's hard to believe that was only a few months ago. :blink: I look exactly the same as I did earlier in the year.

a bit late but....

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DVD!!!!!! it's brilliant!!!!! :thumb_yello:

the performance was amazing and i was never bored once during the 45 minutes of interviews and the music videos are so clear!!!! :wub2: the only versions i've seen were the ones on youtube so that was definitely refreshing

my favorite parts were the purse or wallet? thing and the x-factor talk :lmao: i guess the whole cherisse, mikey, and mika was my favorite part!

all together i would give the dvd an A+ and say that it was even better than i thought it was going to be and i thought it was going to be the best ever :biggrin2:

Little Mika. He was so small then! :roftl: It's hard to believe that was only a few months ago. :blink: I look exactly the same as I did earlier in the year.

I know. Our baby is growing up!!

One day he's playing some dinky club in the Great White North and the next he's picking up his Top Male Artist in the world award in Monaco. :tears:

Hardly - you can see my head (bottom left corner) at 0:58 *dang! i'm so short!* :sneaky2:

Did you know at the beginning, I thought it was just me who thought that (about Mika singing to Martin)? :naughty:

Got our DVD today although it wasn't a book. It was in the shape of a DVD movie but it had a picture book inside. They are great pics. We haven't watched it yet. In a couple of pics he is wearing black and grey stripe socks and we screamed because we have black and grey stripe socks too!!!!!! Just wanted to mention this to you all. We also love the last pic!!!

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

I bought mine yesterday after school. I got home and went to bed because I'm wicked sick. But once I got up, I translated a little Italian homework and thought I'd throw in the DVD instead. I felt like crap, but once I put the DVD in I felt like a million bucks!

I wonder if Mika knows he's magic...