New pic(s) & reviews from EMA / WMA

Petra

I took the time to look through some magazines today....

Here are two pics from the German Bunte:

Newcomer Mika got four trophies (just the picture; nothing in the article though):

gala4607wmacw1.jpg

Man in white: popstar Mika entertained with a spectacular performance (also just the pic... :wub2: ):

bunte4607dx6.jpg

and from the Gala:

There was an article about the WMA in the gala but there were no pictures of our man :sneaky2: . Anyway, he was mentioned in the article:

"Flirtchancen Mit dem Erfolg kommen die Frauen: Der dreifache Gewinner Mika, der schon bei den MTV Europe Music Awards abräumte (???), avancierte zum Liebling aller."

translation (I'm not so sure about the words :blink: :

"Chances for flirting Success attracts women: The triple winner Mika, who had also already cleaned up at the MTV European Music Awards, advanced to become everyone's darling."

Plus another picture from the EMA (where he cleaned up up as the legend tells us):

Mika's performance resembled a motley carnival as jugglers were dancing on stage during his song "Grace Kelly". :punk:

bunte4607emavp5.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the amazing pics Petra! When they say "cleaned up", were they talking about him cleaning up his appearance, or cleaning up at the awards show (winning awards)?

I have absolutely no idea... I looked for "abräumen" in the dictionary and then googled for "clean up awards"... I hope that's the right word now.... anyway, it sounds like they meant that he had won numerous awards. You don't use that "abräumen" for anything else in the German language (at least concerning stars and award-shows and so on; please correct me if I'm wrong :blink:). (what does "cleaning up his appearance" mean?)

I have absolutely no idea... I looked for "abräumen" in the dictionary and then googled for "clean up awards"... I hope that's the right word now.... anyway, it sounds like they meant that he had won numerous awards. You don't use that "abräumen" for anything else in the German language (at least concerning stars and award-shows and so on; please correct me if I'm wrong :blink:). (what does "cleaning up his appearance" mean?)

Ahh, okay. Silly people, thinking he won awards at the EMAs. :roftl:

Cleaning up your appearance would be like, maybe shaving, fixing your hair nicely, wearing nicer clothes, just to look nicer for an occasion.

Ahh, okay. Silly people, thinking he won awards at the EMAs. :roftl:

Cleaning up your appearance would be like, maybe shaving, fixing your hair nicely, wearing nicer clothes, just to look nicer for an occasion.

They definitely meant the awards. Stupid Germans :naughty:

But after all he had fixed his hair quite nicely, don't you think? :roftl:

hey!! yes with "abräumen" they meant that mika won awards at the EMA's (i'm german, i know that:wink2: )whats amazing stupid and uninformed!!

in any german newspaper they (really they've done!) wrote, that Mika's album is called "life in a cartoon world":shocked:

[

bunte4607dx6.jpg

first thank you for the news and second i love this attitude of him. his face is like : i didn't won but i'm the best and i just show you what can i do. you bastards!!!!!!!" sorry for this but this is just what i was thinking when i saw the pic.

hey!! yes with "abräumen" they meant that mika won awards at the EMA's (i'm german, i know that:wink2: )whats amazing stupid and uninformed!!

in any german newspaper they (really they've done!) wrote, that Mika's album is called "life in a cartoon world":shocked:

really :naughty: :naughty:

[

bunte4607dx6.jpg

first thank you for the news and second i love this attitude of him. his face is like : i didn't won but i'm the best and i just show you what can i do. you bastards!!!!!!!" sorry for this but this is just what i was thinking when i saw the pic.

VIBRATING MONKEY!

[iN MIKA'S OWN WORDS!]

Thank you for sharing. Great pics! MIKA is the BEST!

I took the time to look through some magazines today....

Here are two pics from the German Bunte:

Newcomer Mika got four trophies (just the picture; nothing in the article though):

gala4607wmacw1.jpg

Man in white: popstar Mika entertained with a spectacular performance (also just the pic... :wub2: ):

bunte4607dx6.jpg

and from the Gala:

There was an article about the WMA in the gala but there were no pictures of our man :sneaky2: . Anyway, he was mentioned in the article:

"Flirtchancen Mit dem Erfolg kommen die Frauen: Der dreifache Gewinner Mika, der schon bei den MTV Europe Music Awards abräumte (???), avancierte zum Liebling aller."

translation (I'm not so sure about the words :blink: :

"Chances for flirting Success attracts women: The triple winner Mika, who had also already cleaned up at the MTV European Music Awards, advanced to become everyone's darling."

Plus another picture from the EMA (where he cleaned up up as the legend tells us):

Mika's performance resembled a motley carnival as jugglers were dancing on stage during his song "Grace Kelly". :punk:

bunte4607emavp5.jpg

bunte4607emavp5.jpg

Thanks for the info & pics Petrus!

Btw, I looooove how he's got his hand on his hip on this one- so cute, doing his little "pose" :blush-anim-cl:

But after all he had fixed his hair quite nicely, don't you think? :roftl:

I think that the word you're looking for regarding the awards is something like "to sweep" or to "scoop up" or similar......maybe a native english speaker can say if they think that's correct.

Regarding his hair: :thumbdown::roftl: Granny do again!!!

I like it natural, why does he always do it up at these occasions?