"How much do you love me" in the 2nd album!!!

Pamette

Agree. Which songs are you referring to 'where he overuses his falsetto', out of interest? In your opinion, I mean.

Perfect use = Grace Kelly, Relax, Holy Johnny

Overuse = Love Today

I'm sort of on the fence about Stuck in the Middle and Lollipop because overall they're well done but I still don't think an entire chorus should be in falsetto and I find it kind of grating. He gets away with it in Relax because the song is disco-y and it works. I think that's why I like How Much Do You Love Me? so much more as well.

I think maybe there's a bias with How Much Do You Love Me? because of that first video. He looked so happy and healthy and it was such a thrill to see him singing something new when he had fallen off our radar for weeks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect use = Grace Kelly, Relax, Holy Johnny

Overuse = Love Today

I'm sort of on the fence about Stuck in the Middle and Lollipop because overall they're well done but I still don't think an entire chorus should be in falsetto and I find it kind of grating. He gets away with it in Relax because the song is disco-y and it works. I think that's why I like How Much Do You Love Me? so much more as well.

I think maybe there's a bias with How Much Do You Love Me? because of that first video. He looked so happy and healthy and it was such a thrill to see him singing something new when he had fallen off our radar for weeks.

I do think that using falsetto so much puts a lot of pressure on Mika at live performances - he has so much to live up to to reproduce it perfectly, and even with a trained voice like his, it must be hard..

I agree that the pitch of HMDYLM is perfect for his voice.

Mika's 'full voice' is so underrated, especially by his detractors. I think it has a lovely tone and clarity to it, much better than such as Robbie Williams. It's not all about the falsetto is it - wish more people 'out there' would recognise that.

Mika's 'full voice' is so underrated, especially by his detractors. I think it has a lovely tone and clarity to it, much better than such as Robbie Williams. It's not all about the falsetto is it - wish more people 'out there' would recognise that.

This is partly Mika's fault because he rushes his songs when he is doing an acoustic showcase by changing the tempo. You can see what a huge difference it makes when he takes his time as he does in that early performance of Everybody's Talkin'. It's so subtle and beautiful.

I love, love the low tones in Holy Johnny and Relax. I call it THE VOICE. And yes, I could listen to an entire album of that.

I think that goes without saying. I think this is going to be the equivalent of the Love Today track and Holy Johnny is similar to Billy Brown, etc. I think he'll always put together diverse songs.

I think How Much Do You Love Me? is far better than other songs where he overuses the falsetto so I like it.

*coughs* he doesn't OVERUSE falsetto in stuck in the middle... :mf_rosetinted:

I love how much.. myself too btw.

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: sorry, hehe :naughty: i just cannot wait to see the list of songs on he album.... oh heck, it'll be so DAMN interesting! ((((((does a new album create a new set of outtakes? (we're not supposed to have etc.pp.))))))):woot_jump: :woot_jump: