yeah..Institutions..I find myself often in contrast with these artificial constructs, especially when they're not warrant and only lead to deresponsabilizations. {brand new word woah I dunno what I'm writing instead of sleeping}

Cool word, Greta :thumb_yello:

I find myself often in contrast too.

It's just for fun and you should of course not take it seriously!

She gave you a flower and that means she wanted to make you happy, for whatever reason!

Of course I don`t take it seriously! I`m just too lazy to use emoticons.

Well in that case I certainly agree and I'm sory if i sounded violent as well.. I simply believe that faith is and should remain a personal choice and that it's not for others to meddle with that..and i think that you should be free to choose what you want as long as you remain tolerant/respectful of others' rights, beliefs, choices and general personal space/individuality.

I don`t think you sounded violent, you just have your views and you are not afraid to say them openly, and that is great! xBilly, I agree with everything that you wrote in this post :thumb_yello:

You guys both speak MUCH better than me and English is my first language :blush-anim-cl: You both are so smart! I really admire anyone that can speak more than one language and especially those (like you) that speak the 2nd language so well :wub2:

That's so sweeeet!!! :wub2:

Oh, thank you Norwalk174!

I`m actually fluent in 3 languages: Slovak, Hebrew, English. Now what will you say to that :roftl: and I`m also humble and modest :roftl::roftl:

I don`t think you sounded violent, you just have your views and you are not afraid to say them openly, and that is great! xBilly, I agree with everything that you wrote in this post :thumb_yello:

Oh, thank you Norwalk174!

I`m actually fluent in 3 languages: Slovak, Hebrew, English. Now what will you say to that :roftl: and I`m also humble and modest :roftl::roftl:

thanks.. i'm glad!:thumb_yello:

I`m glad too :wink2:

How are you doing, xBilly? What is new in Egypt? How is the school going?

I'm greeeeeeat thanks school almost over!! yay! egypt's alright.. inflation in prices:thumbdown:hot weather(surprise suprise):wub2:

how about things with you?

I'm greeeeeeat thanks school almost over!! yay! egypt's alright.. inflation in prices:thumbdown:hot weather(surprise suprise):wub2:

how about things with you?

We have unusually hot weather for this season here in Slovakia: around 30 degrees. I`m at work now :sweatdrop: but soon it`ll be weekend and I will have a visit of a friend of mine (girl) so I`m looking for a lot of fun! :pbjt:

hey everyone ;) if your not exactly sure of your sextual prefrence yet can you chat too?? I hope so! hehehe! I'm kind of inbetween right now so I'm just gonna take some time to myself and think and try to figure myself out...i dont really have a clue what i'm doing cam anyone offer me any advice?

hey everyone ;) if your not exactly sure of your sextual prefrence yet can you chat too?? I hope so! hehehe! I'm kind of inbetween right now so I'm just gonna take some time to myself and think and try to figure myself out...i dont really have a clue what i'm doing cam anyone offer me any advice?

Well, at the age of 15 it`s perfectly normal that you are not sure yet.. if you like girls, or boys, or both, or none :wink2: Me at the age of 15 I didn`t like anyone. And of course you can chat in this thread, this is a rather open thread, it even changed its name from the original, rather limiting "gay" to a wider, more open "queer".

We have unusually hot weather for this season here in Slovakia: around 30 degrees. I`m at work now :sweatdrop: but soon it`ll be weekend and I will have a visit of a friend of mine (girl) so I`m looking for a lot of fun! :pbjt:

Haha i love the summer tho! 30 degrees sounds great it's usually over 45 degrees here during the summer:boxed:but i quite like it for some odd reason.

ahh yes the weeeeekend! hope you have lots of fun:roftl:I'm really excited for the weekend as well becuase we're having our rehearsal for graduation so yay:punk:

Hey! I think it's normal as well.. I personally am straight.. i think you just need to take your time and think about it... don't push yourself to decide.. so i think you're on the right track atm.. just have fun with things and see where life takes you i suppose... but obviously you'll be making your own choices so choose wisely.. okay this is gtting to broad so i'm gona stop before i confuse you:bleh:

Well, at the age of 15 it`s perfectly normal that you are not sure yet.. if you like girls, or boys, or both, or none :wink2: Me at the age of 15 I didn`t like anyone. And of course you can chat in this thread, this is a rather open thread, it even changed its name from the original, rather limiting "gay" to a wider, more open "queer".

Hey! I think it's normal as well.. I personally am straight.. i think you just need to take your time and think about it... don't push yourself to decide.. so i think you're on the right track atm.. just have fun with things and see where life takes you i suppose... but obviously you'll be making your own choices so choose wisely.. okay this is gtting to broad so i'm gona stop before i confuse you:bleh:

Thank you guys soo much:wink2: It really means alot to me that you guys took the time to respond to me:blush-anim-cl: Alot of people wouldnt except the fact that i have no idea what I'm doing right now and am utterly confused. Most believe that I sould know by now but...i dont:blush-anim-cl:So thank you again for reminding me why I love the MFC soo much:thumb_yello: You guys make me feel like I'm o.k. and perfectly normal:roftl:

Thank you guys soo much:wink2: It really means alot to me that you guys took the time to respond to me:blush-anim-cl: Alot of people wouldnt except the fact that i have no idea what I'm doing right now and am utterly confused. Most believe that I sould know by now but...i dont:blush-anim-cl:So thank you again for reminding me why I love the MFC soo much:thumb_yello: You guys make me feel like I'm o.k. and perfectly normal:roftl:

that's wonderful , hon

if you need to talk or just need to let off some steam,,,you are welcome to PM me too at any time..

I know how you are feeling...I am 36 and just came to realize about myself.

suzanne:wub2:

that's wonderful , hon

if you need to talk or just need to let off some steam,,,you are welcome to PM me too at any time..

I know how you are feeling...I am 36 and just came to realize about myself.

suzanne:wub2:

thank you too:naughty:

i just might take you up on that pm soon:thumb_yello:

its really cool that your willin to talk to me about this. You might regret it when i start whining though:naughty: just kidding i hope not:wub2:-Meka

My Bisexual women's group is suddenly begging to get some interest!

Two girls seem very interested and it was so nice to see that they want to take part of this. There is no group like this in Victoria at all and I am tired of the invisibility of all of this! Being Gay or straight is easier it seems, but there is still diddly for bisexual beings as myself...

however, I am happy that the group does have some interest. Plan to wear a T-shirt at Gay Pride in Vic and Van and will wear a shirt saying:

"Why should I chose?

I like both hard and soft centres" (on one side)..The other side..some symbol of some kind!

(picture of box of chocolates)-based on the phrase from "Better Than Chocolate"

Will be on blue/pink/purple background.

My Bisexual women's group is suddenly begging to get some interest!

Two girls seem very interested and it was so nice to see that they want to take part of this. There is no group like this in Victoria at all and I am tired of the invisibility of all of this! Being Gay or straight is easier it seems, but there is still diddly for bisexual beings as myself...

however, I am happy that the group does have some interest. Plan to wear a T-shirt at Gay Pride in Vic and Van and will wear a shirt saying:

"Why should I chose?

I like both hard and soft centres" (on one side)..The other side..some symbol of some kind!

(picture of box of chocolates)-based on the phrase from "Better Than Chocolate"

Will be on blue/pink/purple background.

Sounds like a great plan!:thumb_yello:

I don't know much about this but what I've seen is, that bisexuality is often just dismissed as a phase or some kind of hesitation to "really come out of the closet!"

And I refuse to believe it can ever be as easy as that!:wink2:

Sounds like a great plan!:thumb_yello:

I don't know much about this but what I've seen is, that bisexuality is often just dismissed as a phase or some kind of hesitation to "really come out of the closet!"

And I refuse to believe it can ever be as easy as that!:wink2:

I know..Sienna...:)

it might be true for some and I respect that...but for many it is a true orientation ...and I love the idea of not having to deny any feelings for any particular gender (for some reason I think MIKA is more sexy each day..and i can say that for many female celebrities each day!...must be spring!:naughty::naughty:

I was on the phone with someone from the forum last night who told me about the renaming of this thread.

I am really shocked and surprised at what you people have done.

The word "QUEER" is an INSULT, it is a derogative term used to qualify GAY people. The term gay qualifies men and women alike so I don't see the problem.

I will NOT have my name associated with an insult towards GAY people. If you don't like the name, create your own thread.

Moreover, nobody asked me about renaming this thread. This is just preposterous. It has to go back to its original name, there is no discussion about it, I do not want my name next to an insult people suffer from every day.

This is just ridiculous.

I was on the phone with someone from the forum last night who told me about the renaming of this thread.

The word "QUEER" is an INSULT, it is a derogative term used to qualify GAY people. The term gay qualifies men and women alike so I don't see the problem.

I will NOT have my name associated with an insult towards GAY people. If you don't like the name, create your own thread.

Moreover, nobody asked me about renaming this thread. This is just preposterous. It has to go back to its original name, there is no discussion about it, I do not want my name next to an insult people suffer from every day.

This is just ridiculous.

Aurelien, I’m so sorry to hear that!

I’m not the right person to try to explain what happen because English is not my native language, and as we all know every language has its different values and nuances.

When the discussion came up, we where asked what we thought about changing the name and there where some of us who couldn’t have an opinion because we didn’t know the proper difference between the expressions “queer” and “gay” in the English language.

And I’m sure this has to do with the different use of the words in different languages, I’m sure it wouldn’t have been done if we had have any knowledge about your opinion!

Please contact one of the mods or maybe SuperTwat so you can get a good explanation and hopefully a change back to the original name.

The intention was absolutely not to hurt anybody’s feelings and I didn’t understand much of the discussion which took place before the name change!:thumb_yello:

This is just ridiculous.

Hello Aurelien! This will be just my opinion so please don`t jump on me (we know the dynamics that is between the 2 of us..). Diana, the moderator, changed the name after a long discussion and a democratic voting, so there`s no blame on her. Right, you created this thread and called it "gay" but then you withdrawed and didn`t take a part in the discussion and the voting so why do you freak now? English is not my mother tongue either but I think the word "queer" is not an insult. We chosed it because it is more inclusive than the word "gay". "Queer" I think means not only gay people but also bisexuals, transsexuals, asexuals, questioning.. simply, all the people that don`t fall to the category "heterosexual". I don`t think it`s a good idea to open another thread just because of this diffrence in views. As june is a month of gay pride, we from the LGBT group at IBM created a gay pride poster to be posted on the premises and then a female colleague raised an argument that the word "gay" doesn`t include the lesbians and that she wants the word "lesbian" appear on the poster. They didn`t change it but promised to bear it in mind next year. I like the word lesbian and I like seeeing it anywhere possible but it`s not always possible, if I open a "Lesbian thread" here I would be probably talking to my self there. So I somehow reconcile with the fact that more general terms are used, terms that include more people. Once also the word "gay" was an insult but it is not anymore and the word "queer" is not an insult anymore too, many people use it when they talk about themselves and they surely don`t want to insult themselves. It`s the same like "gay" only more open, less claustrophobic than "gay" IMO.

I agree with Rebeka, Aurelin. I myself am not gay or lesbian but something in between yet I know exactly how you feel, it at some point was a word that was derogitory, on the other hand, in my circles , it is a word that is positive now!

it is a word that encompasses all orientations. I am getting a woman's group together to have our own poster and part in the parade because there is none

and bi people have had their share of predjudice and that is changing too.

but,Aurelin, if you want to PM me or any of us ..please do. I am sorry you were n't part of this vote....but we would like you stay with us please...I really think you are a wonderful, talented, and outspoken person!

I think that since it's au's name associated with the title of this thread, he should have the possibility to change it back the way it was.

No one is preventing anyone from opening a new thread called "the queer thread" or any other way. :)

I personally do not find the word "gay" that narrow as many of you feel, however, even if it was exclusive - as some of you say - and meant to describe only homosexual men... what's the problem with that? Why didn't anyone ask, for example, to change the title of the italian thread to "european thread" to include more people?

Vive la difference. Peace! :thumb_yello:

I want to it changed back to the original, that's all.

Rebeka & Elanorelle, you can open your own thread if you wish.

Rebeka, you're right, English is not your mother tongue language, if it were, you'd know "QUEER" is an insult that people suffer from everyday, everywhere.

All the best,

I want to it changed back to the original, that's all.

Rebeka & Elanorelle, you can open your own thread if you wish.

Rebeka, you're right, English is not your mother tongue language, if it were, you'd know "QUEER" is an insult that people suffer from everyday, everywhere.

All the best,

I can understand you, Aurelien....um I really don't want to open up our own thread cuz..well...I'm comfortable in here...I would feel shut out somehow...

and I really care for all of you on this thread and on MFC and I would not want any one to get upset...

This is just ridiculous.

Hey Aurelien,

The idea of a name change was actually brought up by a native English speaker so I'm a bit confused by the whole insult thing.

After the majority voted pro name change I went ahead and changed the thread title.

You'd not been on the MFC for a very long time and we just assumed you'd left, maybe that was wrong.

Anyway, if you really are this offended by the whole thread title thing I will change it back since your name is associated with it.

xxx