Blue Sky

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awe, Thanks! Can't wait to get the rest posted.......just want to go home and get them up there. There are just so many. Um, imagine that? LOL

Wish I could look at them...darn work blocking photobucket and myspace. UGH!!!

My pictures of Mika were tiny, and not very good because of

where I was sitting - so REALLY glad to see yours, and all the other

folks ones :wub2:

• 11 months later...

BUMPITY BUMP!!!

Tonight is the 1 yr anniversary of the Glasgow show.

The night where so many nationalities joined together for the first time, in appalling weather. But nobody cared!

The sign on the front of the venue said "MIKA SOLD OOT" which set the fun tone for the night.

We were singing Mika songs in the pouring rain, everyone in tartan, FD in his legendary Braveheart outfit!

Andy came out in a lull in the rain and filmed us.

The gig was outstanding, the band wearing Scottish football tops, Martin wearing his so proudly, to celebrate Scotland playing down the road.

Mika was fanastic, despite being plagued by a dodgy throat during the European leg, he was so excited to be there.

After, we had a meet up with the big guy, where Wendi gave him the Make MFC Official petition, which he graciously excepted.

Then we all made our way back to the hotel and hung out to wind down and talk about the amazing night.

I met lots of terrific people that night, and I'll never forget it.

Yeah................what a night!:shocked::mf_lustslow:

The rain was appaling! Remember all the buses going by to the football and the queue was SO close to the road that we got soaked everytime:roftl:

BUT...............it was amazing..............oh, the nostalgia............the memory of those lovely little venues the like of which we will probably not see again for Mika gigs. And yes, so many of us meeting up for the first time..........but certainly not the last.........this time we are even doing it without Mika:naughty: And, Wendi's first Mika gig:thumb_yello: Sarahlou being very ill...........Jemma sitting in a puddle............I could go on and on:naughty:

Sweet freezing cold rainy memories :naughty:

Serious it was in my top 3 Mika concerts , he was rokin!

He was..............but I really don't know how you prioritise your favourites........I can never do it............they all have special memories for different reasons:mf_lustslow: OK, so off topic but can you give us your list of faves please?

Yeah................what a night!:shocked::mf_lustslow:

The rain was appaling! Remember all the buses going by to the football and the queue was SO close to the road that we got soaked everytime:roftl:

BUT...............it was amazing..............oh, the nostalgia............the memory of those lovely little venues the like of which we will probably not see again for Mika gigs. And yes, so many of us meeting up for the first time..........but certainly not the last.........this time we are even doing it without Mika:naughty: And, Wendi's first Mika gig:thumb_yello: Sarahlou being very ill...........Jemma sitting in a puddle............I could go on and on:naughty:

Poor Wendy with inexperienced drivers, we thought we'd never get there! What a nightmare! We waited and waited then decided to go and see if we could either get a cab elsewhere or public transport and lo and behold, the taxi man went to the hotel and then came looking for us, bless him!

And then Wendy handing the petition over and as you say, Jems sitting in a puddle.

Seems a lot more fun looking back. :naughty:

He was..............but I really don't know how you prioritise your favourites........I can never do it............they all have special memories for different reasons:mf_lustslow: OK, so off topic but can you give us your list of faves please?

Yeh every one is amazing , but some are better than others ... donny for instance the venue was crap :thumbdown:

So .....

Newcastle Carling ...... number 1 , Ive never seen a Mika crowd like it , the first ten rows maybe more were all just bouncing . Also my home town loads of known people etc etc

Glasgow Carling ... number 2 ... the crowd here was also on fire , but Mika was just awesome , one of those gigs when he couldnt quite believe it

Newcastle Uni ..... 40 minutes , first time I saw him .. maybe 200 people .. , in terms of being totally blown away this was amazing

BUMPITY BUMP!!!

Tonight is the 1 yr anniversary of the Glasgow show.

The night where so many nationalities joined together for the first time, in appalling weather. But nobody cared!

The sign on the front of the venue said "MIKA SOLD OOT" which set the fun tone for the night.

We were singing Mika songs in the pouring rain, everyone in tartan, FD in his legendary Braveheart outfit!

Andy came out in a lull in the rain and filmed us.

The gig was outstanding, the band wearing Scottish football tops, Martin wearing his so proudly, to celebrate Scotland playing down the road.

Mika was fanastic, despite being plagued by a dodgy throat during the European leg, he was so excited to be there.

After, we had a meet up with the big guy, where Wendi gave him the Make MFC Official petition, which he graciously excepted.

Then we all made our way back to the hotel and hung out to wind down and talk about the amazing night.

I met lots of terrific people that night, and I'll never forget it.

Rocking with you until some go forsaken time the night before :naughty:

The official petition yehhhh very cool night all in all

Poor Wendy with inexperienced drivers, we thought we'd never get there! What a nightmare! We waited and waited then decided to go and see if we could either get a cab elsewhere or public transport and lo and behold, the taxi man went to the hotel and then came looking for us, bless him!

And then Wendy handing the petition over and as you say, Jems sitting in a puddle.

Seems a lot more fun looking back. :naughty:

Things often do don't they...............but it WAS fun:naughty:

But yeah.............trying to get a taxi was just impossible wasn't it as half the taxi drivers had the afternoon off I reckon for the footie:naughty:

Despite having booked it did us no good whatsoever did it!

I was despairing of you ever making it:shocked:

Yeh every one is amazing , but some are better than others ... donny for instance the venue was crap :thumbdown:

So .....

Newcastle Carling ...... number 1 , Ive never seen a Mika crowd like it , the first ten rows maybe more were all just bouncing . Also my home town loads of known people etc etc

Glasgow Carling ... number 2 ... the crowd here was also on fire , but Mika was just awesome , one of those gigs when he couldnt quite believe it

Newcastle Uni ..... 40 minutes , first time I saw him .. maybe 200 people .. , in terms of being totally blown away this was amazing

OK.............thanks.................I really wouldn't know where to start listing my fave............I could probably start at the other end...with my least faves which were probably Hammersmith and Donny but near the top I couldn't begin to put them in order:shocked: As you say..........the first one has got to be up there.................but, after that.........i'm lost:shocked::roftl:

OK.............thanks.................I really wouldn't know where to start listing my fave............I could probably start at the other end...with my least faves which were probably Hammersmith and Donny but near the top I couldn't begin to put them in order:shocked: As you say..........the first one has got to be up there.................but, after that.........i'm lost:shocked::roftl:

Yeh Brixton , Torino etc etc .. Oslo for you!! that was one amazing show!

Funny how many didnt like Donny , we done the huge xmas thing as well ... must of been the venue , the people (not MFCers) were not nice either , they didnt seem to "get" it

Yeh Brixton , Torino etc etc .. Oslo for you!! that was one amazing show!

Funny how many didnt like Donny , we done the huge xmas thing as well ... must of been the venue , the people (not MFCers) were not nice either , they didnt seem to "get" it

Yeah, if I'm totally honest, groping Mika in Oslo has GOT to be a highlight.......I just don't like to admit it too often:naughty:

Donny was odd for me as it was sort of like a home gig for me, living most of my life in York. I had taken my kids swimming , Ice skating to that venue and it seemed VERY odd to be watching Mika in a sports hall there:naughty: And yes, as you say, quite a lot of ill feeling in the crowd:shocked:

I remember that night, when we were waiting for Mika to come out to us, Jemma sitting in the puddle and Mikas mum asking her if she was okay, because Jems was wearing her Big Girl boots, which were killing her feet by this time.

I remember that night, when we were waiting for Mika to come out to us, Jemma sitting in the puddle and Mikas mum asking her if she was okay, because Jems was wearing her Big Girl boots, which were killing her feet by this time.

Absolutly...............and on one of the vids I can be heard saying 'Mika, Jemma wants to show herself to you':shocked::roftl:

Wearing her Big Girl everything and it was a bit chilly to say the least!

(Not as cold as Newcastle though!)

Wearing her Big Girl everything and it was a bit chilly to say the least!

(Not as cold as Newcastle though!)

But at least it was dry in Newcastle............and we did get food later:naughty:

But at least it was dry in Newcastle............and we did get food later:naughty:

Yeah we have been on one or two little jaunts in the middle of the night in search of food haven't we? :naughty:

To get back on topic, remember we ordered take aways in Glasgow haha.

OMG...I've been thinking about this day all day long and wishing I was there again. It's so funny...I log on and this is the first thing I see.

I just remember being so nervous and excited and everything else. :naughty:

It's funny to think that he's my my neighborhood right now. Or is he back there? I have no clue. LOL

Rocking with you until some go forsaken time the night before :naughty:

The official petition yehhhh very cool night all in all

It was a great night the night before.

And how the heck did Mika know we'd been up 'til 4am clubbing?

Never did figure that out!