I cannot believe this!!!

Romis

people...we need of you to support us in our complaint

MTV STINKS!! they're discriminatory, homophobic or whatever it deserves to be called...

the thing is:

Today they were airing the EMA's, as you in the States and Europe could see Nov 1st

they said in the TV ad, the performances of Avril, MCR, etc etc and...Mika

but the show was different...they aired all the performances, except MIKA!!!!

Not even showed him at the Red Carpet. No one camera take of MIka in the entire transmission...

He was the only one artist they cut off !!!!

some time ago, a journalist I know told me, MTV has the order to not show MIka's videos...at least MTV Latinamerica. We don't know why the management of the channel took that decition. we first thought because he's lebanese, but then we guessed it's because his 'supposed' homosexuality

If some of you know how to write to MTV, tell us. We want to make us listen!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this the one hour version? In the US, there were two versions aired: A one hour, edited, generally most popular artists in America-shown version, and the full version that is two hours.

If they cut Mika out, that's ****. I don't think that MTV is homophobic, as they have seemed to support gay rights in the past, but I don't know...

Was this the one hour version? In the US, there were two versions aired: A one hour, edited, generally most popular artists in America-shown version, and the full version that is two hours.

If they cut Mika out, that's ****. I don't think that MTV is homophobic, as they have seemed to support gay rights in the past, but I don't know...

Since a year or two MTVLA cut off all the international shows...they only promote the MTV latin awards..:thumbdown:

:sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Why would they do that?

He was sick and played for them, yet they don't even air him?!

JERKS!

I wouldn't know how to contact them sorry, but I isn't there ussually a link at the bottem that says 'contact' or something?

They showed him in Canada, but not on MTV so I guess that's different.. and they showed GK, Relax and LT on the new music show so I don't know?

MTVLA sucks!! yeah yeah yeah, thats a sad sad truth!!

They never show Mika´s vids, never-ever,!! in the add of the EMA´s, they sayed that Mika was going to perform, etc, and then, we wait and...goodbye, see you, etc and...Mika?? no...no Mika!!

I don´t know why, but here he ´s very famous, everybody loves Love Today, but MTV never talk about him...!! I´m ungryyy, sooo ungryyy!!!

Are you suggesting Mika is gay? :naughty:

But in all seriousness, I don't think they're homophobic. I think Mika just isn't popular here, like alot of the other musicians are. So they're like "SNIP SNIP" in the director's room, and no more Mika.

Carol is right...hehe

Mika's always on Much Music (It's canadian but we have our argentinean one) ...sometimes in VH1...

NEVER a video in MTV...I think they mentioned him vaguely in the news because of the Hey Betty thing...but they didn't give it importance...

Sarie...do you really think Mika's not popular there in the States? A lot of the MFCers are from there and his gigs sell all the tickets!! a total sucess for me...

When Mika said the discographic took Billy Brown off the record, he seemed to be talking serious...I dunno...but your oppinion is OK

They probably just 'cut him out' as he is not popular enough........It IS unfair but then they can't cater to everyones tastes when they have a set schedule to air.

I don't think they would cut him out due to the gay issue....it would be purely in terms of who will be getting more viewers. They don't want people to change the channel.

Yes, he isn't popular in the United States.

I had a hard time finding his CD anywhere.

The only reason his shows sell out in the states is because he has them in super populated places, like NYC. And as you've probably seen, ALOT of the MFCers have to fly across country just to see him. And this country is huge.

They probably just 'cut him out' as he is not popular enough........It IS unfair but then they can't cater to everyones tastes when they have a set schedule to air.

I don't think they would cut him out due to the gay issue....it would be purely in terms of who will be getting more viewers. They don't want people to change the channel.

Yeah but why all this emo and "reggaton" bands are so popular? because they show their videos :sneaky2:

why they don't show Mika's videos or performances? there must be some good reason :sneaky2:

:wink2:

hi aurora...well, they promoted the show WITH Mika's performance. If they didn't show it, it's deceit into advertisings!! misleading publicity...

and we have the right to complain...

just being curious...has ever GK or Love Today been aired on MTV in your countries??

Yes, he isn't popular in the United States.

I had a hard time finding his CD anywhere.

The only reason his shows sell out in the states is because he has them in super populated places, like NYC. And as you've probably seen, ALOT of the MFCers have to fly across country just to see him. And this country is huge.

Not necessarily. Take Atlanta for example. It's definitely not a place that you would expect Mika to be popular, as it's deep south and all that, but he managed to sell out the venue and there were people with no tickets waiting outside wanting some. There were about three MFCers there, and everyone else were simply miscellaneous fans.

I think that Mika is more closet-popular in the US. I know a lot of people who like him and have his CD, but there aren't as many die-hards. He is not mainstream, and the American music scene is built on commercialized, mainstream music.

A lot of people in America love him, but due to lack of advertisement for him, barely any television appearances, etc, no one is really given the chance to be a die-hard fan unless you spend time on here all day and watch YouTube videos from other countries. It's more work to be a Mika fan in America.

I agree. It's alot harder to be a fan in a place where no one knows he exists.

And not just our country, but other countries, too. I wasn't just saying it's the Staties that have the hard time with it.

I don't have MTV so I cannot say. But they play Mika quite a bit on the radio over here. And his film clips on regular TV. I have actually seen his clips on MTV at a friends house....Grace Kelly and Love Today.

I saw a Mika video on TV about... three times.

'Love Today' twice, because they played it on MTVhits on Timbaland's hitlist. 'Grace Kelly' once. I've never, and I mean literally, NEVER, heard him on the radio.

people...we need of you to support us in our complaint

MTV STINKS!! they're discriminatory, homophobic or whatever it deserves to be called...

the thing is:

Today they were airing the EMA's, as you in the States and Europe could see Nov 1st

they said in the TV ad, the performances of Avril, MCR, etc etc and...Mika

but the show was different...they aired all the performances, except MIKA!!!!

Not even showed him at the Red Carpet. No one camera take of MIka in the entire transmission...

He was the only one artist they cut off !!!!

some time ago, a journalist I know told me, MTV has the order to not show MIka's videos...at least MTV Latinamerica. We don't know why the management of the channel took that decition. we first thought because he's lebanese, but then we guessed it's because his 'supposed' homosexuality

If some of you know how to write to MTV, tell us. We want to make us listen!!!

:blink:

well, that sucks (for mika, mika fans, and people who don't know about mika's music:boxed: )

but i'm not surprised

i've come to accept that MTV sucks all around.

:cool:

Sure...good point hannah :thumb_yello:

Mika doesn't know even where is Argentina...But...His videos are shown in 3 of the 4 music channels of the country (all except MTV :naughty: ) , and he was #1 on Much Music for a long time. Love Today keeps in the ranking since the day it was released here.

Sure...good point hannah :thumb_yello:

Mika doesn't know even where is Argentina...But...His videos are shown in 3 of the 4 music channels of the country (all except MTV :naughty: ) , and he was #1 on Much Music for a long time. Love Today keeps in the ranking since the day it was released here.

Yeah...don't even mention Uruguay...:roftl: Maybe some people listen to him but probably Im the only FAN in all the country...seriusly:boxed:

I agree. It's alot harder to be a fan in a place where no one knows he exists.

And not just our country, but other countries, too. I wasn't just saying it's the Staties that have the hard time with it.

That really makes me sad, really, the whole fact that Mika isn't popular in the US. I hope he understands that the majority of the people here like sh!t music, and that it's not his fault. I hope he knows that the people that know who he is love him.

I think that the biggest problem was advertisement. It was by pure chance that I saw a Target commercial for LiCM on ABC Family one afternoon, but that's all the ads I've EVER seen for his music. Adverts do him good. After he performed on Jay Leno, LiCM got into the top 10 most downloaded albums on iTunes, and after he played SYTYCD, his album jumped in ranking from about 70 to the lower 20s. It's not an issue about America not liking Mika, but it's about America not knowing who the hell he is.

Plus, the American culture is way different from European. In Europe, you can get away with being flamboyant and gay, and people will love you even more. You can sing songs comparing yourself to a woman (ie: GK), and it's dandy, but in the US, people say: "Why is this guy saying he'll try to be like a chick?" America IS close-minded, conservative and "perfect-little-family" friendly. Most of the people here like Nickleback, Daughtry and those rough-voiced rockers. It sucks. I don't understand it. I think that the people who are Mika fans are generally those who have broken away from the ****ty American music scene. We have escaped. Thank God.

I don't think that it's impossible for him to be big in the US, but, from the perspective of an eighteen-year-old who has grown up in the States and knows a thing or two about the culture, I think it's unlikely that his music will ever be played over the airwaves to the degree of "Hey There Delilah" or "Rockstar." That doesn't mean that he couldn't sell a hell of a lot of records here or be loved by masses, because people like Paul McCartney get number one records and I haven't ever heard any of his music on the radio (besides the oldies).

I just hope that he understands that it's not his fault that he's rarely being played on the radio or on TV. It's America's fault, if anything. It makes me quite ashamed and almost embarrassed when he's listing all of these places where he's sold all of these records and he lists practically every continent except for America.

I don't want him to ever get discouraged about it and sort of "give up." People over here love him. The American MFCers are right up there with the Europeans in the die-hard factor. We just have to work for it. If we didn't have Internet access, our Mika lives would be completely gone. We would know nothing about him.

That really makes me sad, really, the whole fact that Mika isn't popular in the US. I hope he understands that the majority of the people here like sh!t music, and that it's not his fault. I hope he knows that the people that know who he is love him.

I think that the biggest problem was advertisement. It was by pure chance that I saw a Target commercial for LiCM on ABC Family one afternoon, but that's all the ads I've EVER seen for his music. Adverts do him good. After he performed on Jay Leno, LiCM got into the top 10 most downloaded albums on iTunes, and after he played SYTYCD, his album jumped in ranking from about 70 to the lower 20s. It's not an issue about America not liking Mika, but it's about America not knowing who the hell he is.

Plus, the American culture is way different from European. In Europe, you can get away with being flamboyant and gay, and people will love you even more. You can sing songs comparing yourself to a woman (ie: GK), and it's dandy, but in the US, people say: "Why is this guy saying he'll try to be like a chick?" America IS close-minded, conservative and "perfect-little-family" friendly. Most of the people here like Nickleback, Daughtry and those rough-voiced rockers. It sucks. I don't understand it. I think that the people who are Mika fans are generally those who have broken away from the ****ty American music scene. We have escaped. Thank God.

I don't think that it's impossible for him to be big in the US, but, from the perspective of an eighteen-year-old who has grown up in the States and knows a thing or two about the culture, I think it's unlikely that his music will ever be played over the airwaves to the degree of "Hey There Delilah" or "Rockstar." That doesn't mean that he couldn't sell a hell of a lot of records here or be loved by masses, because people like Paul McCartney get number one records and I haven't ever heard any of his music on the radio (besides the oldies).

I just hope that he understands that it's not his fault that he's rarely being played on the radio or on TV. It's America's fault, if anything. It makes me quite ashamed and almost embarrassed when he's listing all of these places where he's sold all of these records and he lists practically every continent except for America.

I don't want him to ever get discouraged about it and sort of "give up." People over here love him. The American MFCers are right up there with the Europeans in the die-hard factor. We just have to work for it. If we didn't have Internet access, our Mika lives would be completely gone. We would know nothing about him.

that's so true:sad:

I can't find a single thing in that post that I disagree with. It's all true. And it sucks that things like Warped Tour and Ozzfest have taken over. I'm not saying I don't like some of those bands, like Paramore, or Anberlin. My point is that it's almost like the American music scene has forgotten how to have fun.

All they care about are "deep" lyrics, for the most part. (I'm talking about Emo bands, here) but like... what's wrong with listening to a song about a gay guy trying to find his place?

America is just disgusting as far as the music scene goes. It's not fair that we don't have things like T4, Glastonbury, etc. I'm so sick of the whole emo music thing.

i dun really get is i watched US tv drama, which consists of many gay, lesbian context, not the indie tv, but it's high rating drama, OC, desperate housewives, nip tuck.... they should quite open to accept exotic ...but it's not !:boxed: