Ceci_B

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no-one's responding...was it THAT bad?

:roftl: :roftl:

It is pretty good! The beginning is the best part, your voice sounds in key. Sometimes you have too much vibrato, and the chorus I didn't like that much. But in general you sounded good, and you can sing! Maybe a more appropriated song will sound better, but you can sing. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

It is pretty good! The beginning is the best part, your voice sounds in key. Sometimes you have too much vibrato, and the chorus I didn't like that much. But in general you sounded good, and you can sing! Maybe a more appropriated song will sound better, but you can sing. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

i cant help my vibrato :roftl:

well actually i can :blush-anim-cl: i just like the feel of it :roftl:

i admit it was rushed. but thanks for your compliment.

You can hear me sing "grace kelly" (with backing) and "amazing grace" on page....3? O.o

lol, i sing too. Not professionally, just something I do. Every day :blush-anim-cl:

Grace Kelly:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3hbyk9gpdys

Amazing Grace (Mika Nakashima version - Japanese singer singing in English)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cy45zj1zdwc

i listened to your grace kelly version, and it's really good, i like the vibrato in your voice. your voice sounds strong and i would be happy if my singing-pupils had such a nice voice :)

the other downloads didn't work :(

i listened to your grace kelly version, and it's really good, i like the vibrato in your voice. your voice sounds strong and i would be happy if my singing-pupils had such a nice voice :)

want to hear you singing.. =D =D

thanks! and aww :(

the links worked for the others, so i dna what went wrong there...

http://www.mediafire.com/?5vncheyaw5o

:boxed: Let me know if that works.... *crawls under blanket and hides* (i played guitar and the little piano-ey parts too....)

really nice voice, a real pop-singer-voice :thumb_yello: this song suits your voice :) how long are you singing? do you also sing classical?

want to hear you singing.. =D =D

i sing pop-music just for fun (especially karaoke, - my job is opera singing, completely different technique, and sounds completely different, so i'm afraid a mika song will sound strange with my voice :roftl: ) but i'll try to sing a mika-song this weekend and post it :thumb_yello:

i sing pop-music just for fun, (my job is opera singing, completely different technique, and sounds completely different, so i'm afraid a mika song will sound strange with my voice :roftl: ) but i'll try to sing a mika-song this weekend and post it :thumb_yello:

hee I sing opera too!! thats why I'm not very shure if I post it because I don't sound very good in popmusic (have no poptechnique..)

hee I sing opera too!! thats why I'm not very shure if I post it because I don't sound very good in popmusic (have no poptechnique..)

the same what i was thinking... well, however, let's have fun and sing!! :biggrin2:

btw what opera arias do you usually sing? i love singing the romantic italians like puccini, rossini, donizetti, verdi, and some of strauß and mozart.

i cant sing opera to save my life. i can sing "think of me" from the phantom of the opera on certain. but screw that high voice malarkey. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOOOOOVE to do it, it sounds amazing, but I've had like...no training. no time for any either O.o

i cant sing opera to save my life. i can sing "think of me" from the phantom of the opera on certain. but screw that high voice malarkey. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOOOOOVE to do it, it sounds amazing, but I've had like...no training. no time for any either O.o

I had to sang that in my first your of singinglessons:blush-anim-cl:

I had to sang that in my first your of singinglessons:blush-anim-cl:

lol coolies ^_^

i dont get how you can get that high. i mean, i can do grace kelly and stuff, but PROPER OPERA man...

i know you have to breathe from your stomach, coz that's where the power comes from, but the pitch...? how..?

"think of me" is soooo beautiful, and not so hard, i loved it!! i sang the christine-role from the phantom of the opera two times... and it's a hard role, very dark tones, and then very high tones again. i love sarah brightmans performance as christine, i think she sings that really wonderful. some of the modern "operas" are really great to sing, also some of l.bernstein.

you're right, it's nothing you can do "for fun", it's a hard job which requires a long and hard calssical singing education. and anyway, sadly most singers ruin their voice and have to stop when they are 50 years old:boxed:

"think of me" is soooo beautiful, and not so hard, i loved it!! i sang the christine-role from the phantom of the opera two times... and it's a hard role, very dark tones, and then very high tones again. i love sarah brightmans performance as christine, i think she sings that really wonderful. some of the modern "operas" are really great to sing, also some of l.bernstein.

you're right, it's nothing you can do "for fun", it's a hard job which requires a long and hard calssical singing education. and anyway, sadly most singers ruin their voice and have to stop when they are 50 years old:boxed:

how can opera ruin your voice? If you sing properly, it shouldn't damage your vocal chords at all should it?

lol coolies ^_^

i dont get how you can get that high. i mean, i can do grace kelly and stuff, but PROPER OPERA man...

i know you have to breathe from your stomach, coz that's where the power comes from, but the pitch...? how..?

it's different from voice to voice :) i'll try to explain, but i will be hard to do this in english, - it's hard enough to explain in the language i can speak ;)

sopranos need their "head resonances", imagine your whole head as the resonating body, and there are some possibilites to "activate" them, like changing your tongue and soft palate and the nose-/mouth resonances. the power comes from the "stomach" and deeper. the high tones come from the "resonances". but it needs lots of practise, and a good teacher. you understand a little? :blush-anim-cl:

it's different from voice to voice :) i'll try to explain, but i will be hard to do this in english, - it's hard enough to explain in the language i can speak ;)

sopranos need their "head resonances", imagine your whole head as the resonating body, and there are some possibilites to "activate" them, like changing your tongue and soft palate and the nose-/mouth resonances. the power comes from the "stomach" and deeper. the high tones come from the "resonances". but it needs lots of practise, and a good teacher. you understand a little? :blush-anim-cl:

sort of. Head voices, forgot about those. OMG some parts are coming back now. Italians make great opera singers because they use the hard part of the roof of their mouth. It's how they talk, but it also makes their voices clear and strong. Other parts of the world are used to using their soft palates in the mouth, the soft fleshy bit before the harder structure. An example of someone who uses their soft palate is Joanna Lumley.

As for the tongue, doesn't the middle dent inwards a little bit to help the sound come out more clearly or something? Well, the tongue does something, and I know it's something I can do. I don't know how, it just happens O.o

how can opera ruin your voice? If you sing properly, it shouldn't damage your vocal chords at all should it?

it shouldn't, and with a good technique and if you take care of your voice it won't be damaged. but the voice is very sensitive, and when it's a little ill, you really shouldn't sing anything, but in this job you have to sing, - you can't say to the director of the theatre who's paying you that you are ill, - so he will choose another singer who isn't ill, and you'll lose the job. it's a very hard business :( so most of the singers sing everytime, even when their voice is not well at the moment.

and of course singing such difficult parts like wagner, verdi, etc, where you have to sing very very loud because of the big amount of instruments and whose operas have such difficult parts outwear the voice of course, and if you don't take really good care you'll ruin your voice.

like maria callas, the best opera singer of all time :boxed:

sorry that i can't explain it more professional in english... :(