Sing it like Mika!!

Ceci_B

sort of. Head voices, forgot about those. OMG some parts are coming back now. Italians make great opera singers because they use the hard part of the roof of their mouth. It's how they talk, but it also makes their voices clear and strong. Other parts of the world are used to using their soft palates in the mouth, the soft fleshy bit before the harder structure. An example of someone who uses their soft palate is Joanna Lumley.

As for the tongue, doesn't the middle dent inwards a little bit to help the sound come out more clearly or something? Well, the tongue does something, and I know it's something I can do. I don't know how, it just happens O.o

:thumb_yello: you know some things!!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it shouldn't, and with a good technique and if you take care of your voice it won't be damaged. but the voice is very sensitive, and when it's a little ill, you really shouldn't sing anything, but in this job you have to sing, - you can't say to the director of the theatre who's paying you that you are ill, - so he will choose another singer who isn't ill, and you'll lose the job. it's a very hard business :( so most of the singers sing everytime, even when their voice is not well at the moment.

and of course singing such difficult parts like wagner, verdi, etc, where you have to sing very very loud because of the big amount of instruments and whose operas have such difficult parts outwear the voice of course, and if you don't take really good care you'll ruin your voice.

like maria callas, the best opera singer of all time :boxed:

sorry that i can't explain it more professional in english... :(

thats okay, i understand. It's such a shame that the voice is such a fragile thing. Like Bonnie Tyler I think it is. The reason why her voice is so raspy is because she once had nodules, and you can get those from not singing properly.

Not saying she can't sing, I think she's great. She may have got them before she started to sing, I don't know O.o

this one aint mika. just wanted some opinions O.o

warning: turn your volume down :roftl:

artist: Angela Aki

Nationality: i know she's a bit american. or maybe full american? i actually dont know. but she speaks english and japanese

language: english

song for: final fantasy 12

title: kiss me goodbye

http://www.mediafire.com/?fzdhixmy1xa

really nice voice, a real pop-singer-voice :thumb_yello: this song suits your voice :) how long are you singing? do you also sing classical?

i sing pop-music just for fun (especially karaoke, - my job is opera singing, completely different technique, and sounds completely different, so i'm afraid a mika song will sound strange with my voice :roftl: ) but i'll try to sing a mika-song this weekend and post it :thumb_yello:

When i started out, i went to a teacher who taught classical - i thought it would be a good background for me - and it's given me a lot more power.

But im not really a soprano. Id say im more mezzo-soprano, maybe even Alto.

The only thing is, she would always get on at me for pronouncing my words wrong which, all well and good if you want to be an opera/classical singer because it sounds so beautiful, but for a pop singer its not so important.

I sung a lot of African music as a kid too, because my dad is African, so my background is really diverse.

But i love listening to classical music.

My other songs are here on my myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/sarahmccluskey2006

"think of me" is soooo beautiful, and not so hard, i loved it!! i sang the christine-role from the phantom of the opera two times... and it's a hard role, very dark tones, and then very high tones again. i love sarah brightmans performance as christine, i think she sings that really wonderful. some of the modern "operas" are really great to sing, also some of l.bernstein.

you're right, it's nothing you can do "for fun", it's a hard job which requires a long and hard calssical singing education. and anyway, sadly most singers ruin their voice and have to stop when they are 50 years old:boxed:

oh I love sarah birhgtman's voice too!! so.. naive and fragil but also strong(don't know how to explain)

I now do classical and opera, but I wan't to go this side: lika musical-operah..^^

lol coolies ^_^

i dont get how you can get that high. i mean, i can do grace kelly and stuff, but PROPER OPERA man...

i know you have to breathe from your stomach, coz that's where the power comes from, but the pitch...? how..?

I have no idea.. just practising I think.. My teacher gives me tips and then you have to learn it, he can not 'jump' in your voice huh=p So I have no idea how I do that, but maybe you're an alto?? (thats a low woman voice)

You got to know your voice youself.. to say it short^^

(I'm not a professional or something, that's just what I think..)

the same what i was thinking... well, however, let's have fun and sing!! :biggrin2:

btw what opera arias do you usually sing? i love singing the romantic italians like puccini, rossini, donizetti, verdi, and some of strauß and mozart.

I live aria's that are romantic and with long notes^^ like schumann, but also mozart I like veeery much^^ I like also to sing puccini and haendel (that last one for duets^^)

Rossini is fantastic music but it's to fast with many little short notes, I'm not very good in that..

When i started out, i went to a teacher who taught classical - i thought it would be a good background for me - and it's given me a lot more power.

But im not really a soprano. Id say im more mezzo-soprano, maybe even Alto.

The only thing is, she would always get on at me for pronouncing my words wrong which, all well and good if you want to be an opera/classical singer because it sounds so beautiful, but for a pop singer its not so important.

I sung a lot of African music as a kid too, because my dad is African, so my background is really diverse.

But i love listening to classical music.

My other songs are here on my myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/sarahmccluskey2006

shlksjf oh my gosh I'm jealous of your voice. I took voicelessons for a few years Im thinking of restarting it because I loved that way more than guitar so maybe I will sell my guitars for some money to pay for voice. I also love your accent, its cute! Also, Ive been reading this page for a few minutes and it just gained like 3 more pages in the last 5 seconds! ahh

So here's the deal guys! I have a new proposal! still is "Sing it Like Mika", but what if we chose a song, like "Love Today" or soemthing...and we do a video, like the Brazilia girls...have you seen their video? is cool...we take a movie of ourselfs singing the part that is ours...and then...we put it together....and...and...we upload it..and then we show it to mika?? huh? what ya think? let me know guys please,.:biggrin2:

Here's me doing my theme tune!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dBa4GG75aXU

And here's me doing my fave song! (it's also kind of my theme tune!!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVGxWVey98

I've also got another version of Love Today with me wearing my TBA outfit which I'd love to use if we do compile a video.

Here's me doing my theme tune!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dBa4GG75aXU

And here's me doing my fave song! (it's also kind of my theme tune!!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVGxWVey98

I've also got another version of Love Today with me wearing my TBA outfit which I'd love to use if we do compile a video.

Wow that was brilliant. I wish I could sing like that.

I used to do when I was little.

I used to sing anywhere. Even when I was in hospital when I was four years old and one of the hospital school teacher heard me and thought she'd left the radio on.

Wow that was brilliant. I wish I could sing like that.

I used to do when I was little.

I used to sing anywhere. Even when I was in hospital when I was four years old and one of the hospital school teacher heard me and thought she'd left the radio on.

Thanx!

I think I'm more of a performer than a singer though! :roftl: :roftl:

PS Did you check out the remix? :naughty: