MIKA in NEW YORK CITY at Terminal5

dcdeb

I have just changed my RSVP from "no" to a "maybe". I need a pair of tickets and the concert is sold out. I see that they're valued at about $150 each now. :shocked: That's $300 for both closetmikafan and I. :thumbdown: That equates to piano and swimming lessons or 3 weeks of groceries. Yikes.

I wonder if it's worth finding someone to sell me the tix when the doors open and perhaps the price goes down. I don't need to be front row centre - done that. But I really want to meet all the MFCers....

And of course, for the longest time, have been so wanting to meet Jack and dcdeb... :wub2:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think anyone would say anything about the shoes, really.

I hope your leg's fine for the show then and doesn't bother you too much.

Are we all meeting up and having that "after party" everyone talked about?

when was this discussed?:blink: i wanna go where is it???:boxed: and does any one have any idea what time the gig will end? ( criiiiiiiiiinge i hate thinking about the end of the gig but my parents wanna no)

I have just changed my RSVP from "no" to a "maybe". I need a pair of tickets and the concert is sold out. I see that they're valued at about $150 each now. :shocked: That's $300 for both closetmikafan and I. :thumbdown: That equates to piano and swimming lessons or 3 weeks of groceries. Yikes.

I wonder if it's worth finding someone to sell me the tix when the doors open and perhaps the price goes down. I don't need to be front row centre - done that. But I really want to meet all the MFCers....Jack and dcdeb... :wub2:

Do you remember that imeem contest that Perez was holding?

Well, I sort of entered it for the hell of it without thinking when I already had a ticket.

The other night I got an e-mail informing me that I'm a finalist and that the first person to reply would win them

I replied-still no news.

IF I hear anything or win them, they're yours.

I immediately felt bad when I got that e-mail since I already had them and the show was sold out and I stole someone's chance of going. (If I win, that is).

But yea..if I win you'll be the first person to know.

(Don't think I did, though. They were supposed to tell the winner three days before the show..the show's in three days..)

when was this discussed?:blink: i wanna go where is it???:boxed: and does any one have any idea what time the gig will end? ( criiiiiiiiiinge i hate thinking about the end of the gig but my parents wanna no)

Haha' date=' well I guess it's not happening since it hasn't really been discussed.

The gig will probably end around...11:30-midnight is my guess.

It's been a while since I've been to an ACTUAL Mika gig.[/font']

Do you remember that imeem contest that Perez was holding?

Well, I sort of entered it for the hell of it without thinking when I already had a ticket.

The other night I got an e-mail informing me that I'm a finalist and that the first person to reply would win them

I replied-still no news.

IF I hear anything or win them, they're yours.

I immediately felt bad when I got that e-mail since I already had them and the show was sold out and I stole someone's chance of going. (If I win, that is).

But yea..if I win you'll be the first person to know.

(Don't think I did, though. They were supposed to tell the winner three days before the show..the show's in three days..)

Omigawd Finkster - PLEASE WIN!

Actually, I found it very heartwarming that you responded soooo quickly and offered them to me without hesitation. :wub2:

Omigawd Finkster - PLEASE WIN!

Actually, I found it very heartwarming that you responded soooo quickly and offered them to me without hesitation. :wub2:

Haha, now I hope I do win for you!!

Aww, it really is no problem..I'd rather have them go to someone rewarding..I mean I already have a ticket! Why would I need two more?

I'll let you know if I win...lets keep our fingers crossed now!

my friend [lovelove_mika] was wearing my heels to GMA, and then afterwards we had the secret gig, and it was raining and all of that and we were walking, and her shows KILLED her feet. shoe's didn't break, but I'm surprised she didn't get frostbite. AND ontop of that, her umbrella broke. It was something out of a movie, I'm sure she'd be happy to share, hahah.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha!

I'd be happy to share...

walking across time square after GMA to go to the secret gig, I'm in the middle of the cross-walk BAM my umbrella goes inside out and upside down, and does stuff i never thought possible. I literally could not feel my feet, but yet It was the worst pain ever, and they were bright purple. I was shivering the entire time, as were most of the mfcers. And of courseeeee I was in a thin white shirt.

The things we (mfcers) do for Meeks.

P.S

I still have scars on my feet from my shoes.

I had to soak them for about an hour and rap them in blanket to the feeling back.

I wish I was exaggerating, it was absolutley horrible.

As gross as this is, I walked barefoot from the highline about a block til' I got a taxi.

i hope u r kidding about the 7pm part :shocked::boxed::blink: u will be know where near the stage! and i just litterally burst into tears cuz i got so excited thinking that i am going to see my one true love my life my soul y honey bunches of oats in less than 3 days!!!!!!!!! just think we will all be in the same building as the almighty in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope u r kidding about the 7pm part :shocked::boxed::blink: u will be know where near the stage! and i just litterally burst into tears cuz i got so excited thinking that i am going to see my one true love my life my soul y honey bunches of oats in less than 3 days!!!!!!!!! just think we will all be in the same building as the almighty in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey bunches of oats?

:shocked:

Oh lord..:lmfao:

No, I'm not kidding. I don't have time to stand in line all day. But it's ok because at least I'll be able to hear it live... :roftl:

I'm hoping they have a coat room I don't want to carry jackets.

Camera is small enough for my pants and all I need is a sharpie and something to to a autograph on.

I'm not taking the chance of losing a space near the front just to

check my coat :wink2: I hear the coat check is upstairs --

I'll just throw mine on the floor like I did at Glasgow. It's washable.

:thumb_yello:

I wonder if it's worth finding someone to sell me the tix when the doors open and perhaps the price goes down. I don't need to be front row centre - done that. But I really want to meet all the MFCers....

And of course, for the longest time, have been so wanting to meet Jack and dcdeb... :wub2:

You are SO sweet, Suzy -- and I would love to meet you as well!

As I said elsewhere, I should have room in my hotel room... wish I

had tickets to offer you, too...

I'm thinking with two support acts that Mika won't even get on the

stage until maybe 10... then the show will probably run until 11:30ish.

Then if you want to try to meet him after... 12:30ish...? It could be a late

night...

dcdeb

Suzy!

there is a slight chance that a friend of mine miiiiight not be able to go.

I will let you know when I know!!

I'm not taking the chance of losing a space near the front just to

check my coat :wink2: I hear the coat check is upstairs --

I'll just throw mine on the floor like I did at Glasgow. It's washable.

:thumb_yello:

I'm thinking with two support acts that Mika won't even get on the

stage until maybe 10... then the show will probably run until 11:30ish.

The if you want to try to meet him after... 12:30ish...? It could be a late

night...

dcdeb

I'm pretty sure the other gigs so far started the same time, and Mika was on by 930. I'm not certain though..

Suzy!

there is a slight chance that a friend of mine miiiiight not be able to go.

I will let you know when I know!!

:wub2:Ooooohhhh...you're all making this so much closer to a "maybe yes" than "maybe not".....You're the best!

Sivan!! You gotta get your tuchis over here to NY! I've yet to meet Mika's other #1 fan:thumb_yello:

awww i so wanted to go :( I PLANED ALLREADY! :(

but i dont have money for that now :(

if next time he comes i have some saved i will DEFENETLY COME!

I'm so excited I can hardly wait!!!!!

Yeah, I must admit I'm reaching *frenzy* level about now!

Think I need to figure out the hours/minutes countdown... it's close

enough! :wink2:

dcdeb

Someone should call my house if they meet him afterwards so I can hear his voice.:wink2:

Totally not kidding. A couple people on here have my number.

Someone should call my house if they meet him afterwards so I can hear his voice.:wink2:

i remember...when i went to see MATCHBOX TWENTY few years ago...

i was backstage...and my mom called my cell phone.... so ADAM the guitarist took the phone from me and started talking to my mom :roftl: ahhh what a nice guy :)

but anyway...yes... thats not a bad idea ;)

PM your number to me if you want... hopefully one of us will be able to call you

at some point :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

2 DAYS 11 HOURS 36 MINUTES UNTIL MIKA IN NYC!