2008: New Album? New style?

Benedicte

I don't know what to expect, he's only let us hear one new song from next album and to judge from that song i think it's gonna be great! I'm very excited. :thumb_yello:

I've heard HMDYLM and still have no idea how the album could be...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound is not that definable,because there hasn't been anything like Mika before

So whatever he dose now,it will still be Mika,because it will still be unique.

I am sure there will be Love Today-like tunes on the next one too,but I also belive it will have more serious themes.By serious I mean globaly acknowledged as serious. Because of course,for an individual,his own life is the most serious thing possible

Until now,we only know about HMDYLM,and it is such a sweet song

I want to be surprised,so I don't even want to think about it that much

I totally agree with you.:thumb_yello:

I can't wait to hear the next album but I also hope that he does not stray too far from his original format. In LICM there actually is a variety of types of songs - slow, fast, piano, drums....I think it all blends in well together.

HMDYLM and Holy Johnny could have easily slotted into LICM so I am guessing his next album will be similar but with a few different sounding tracks.

I don't know about touring - he seems to be doing a gig every week. I don't know how much longer he can keep that up for!

I hope that Mika doesn't do anything in 2008, just take a break to make his album and do nothing but relaxing. He has so many gigs, he needs to RELAX, TAKE IT EASY, lol, or he's going to breakdown like Mariah (blame Tommy, lol)

For the next album, if he wants to stay for many years, he needs to change his sound and concept, he definitely can't do the same things.. characters, happy songs, lots of colours...

Anyway he can do whatever he wants I would still like him, lol.

I think the sound won't be different from the LICM album but you never know what to expect from Mika !Maybe some tunes will sound like Stuck in the middle others some Lollipop but I mostly want to be surprised !

I think especially from what he is saying about backing away from people dressing up that his album will be more "mature" ..

hang on, he backs away from dressed up people?????

oh hell, i'm soo confused, i thought he liked that??

i wish i could understand what he likes people to wear... 'The hoosier are copying me for getting people to dress up' but then if his going to back away?? ah??

funny little man- oh reminds me, i wish he'd cover that song by the aphex twin. would be soo soo funny

he says in this interview from December 9 (yesterday!!)

What's the next record going to be like?

I'm in no hurry. Other people are in a hurry for me to do it, but I'm not. I know that when I come back I won't come back apologetically. It'll be another pop album. And it'll be a hurricane.