The Australian Thread: Part Six

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't think that if I ever met you I wouldn't do it, I have a habit of pinching people's cheeks no matter how much older they are than me and no matter how important they may think themselves. :naughty:

Oh my. I hope self-importance isn't a crime in your books on par with being self-loving.

WireImage_225096.jpg

Aw, he looks like a baby Val Kilmer.

I'm so addicted to Guitar Hero.

What's it like? My niece got it for Christmas but I don't know what it's about.

Checks out his MySpace then hops over to YouTube,

That's where she first hears Grace Kelly,

Follow up with Big Girl, Relax and Lollipop,

Will you come and search the computer with me?

I've never heard of someone discovering him through MySpace. That never happens to me. I hear them first and look them up later. I wish I'd stumbled upon him in mid-2006.

Oh god, I had to find something like this- my first mental image of Mika after hearing about his background and hearing GK but not seeing the film clip :roftl:

:lmao: I guess it's better than later comparisons to Borat.

Aunty Kelz and I just worked on this for a while..

Love Tuh Day :biggrin2:

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

(chorus)

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, gonna Love Tuh Day, gonna Love Tuh Day..

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, gonna Love Tuh Day

Cos you don't think I want to,

But I know I've got too

love Aussies, love Aussies, love love..........

I've been touring for so long

Meetin fans, sang the same old songs

But now, but now I'm on the plane

Hey Aussies can you come along

If you want you can bring your mother

Mikamites, I like to tease for fun

But I aint gonna tease you no longer

Gonna play in Wodonga

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, Love Tuh Day, Love Tuh Day..

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day

But I know I've got too

Gig at Wodonga is the cheapest on cheapest on cheapest on

Bring your mamma and poppa along, poppa along

Have a cuppa, poppa

While I pee, DVD, pee pee..

Chorus

Shazza sits by herself awhile

Give her a dollar and you'll make her smile

Poker, smoker, choker

Walk away

Guy dresses like a girl for fun

Asked me to be his lollipop lover

I replied "Mate just here for fun"

He looked around and he saw my Mother

Then he ran for cover

Chorus

Girl in the Loo putting Makeup on, Makeup on, Makeup on

Boyfriend left cos she took too long, took too long

Booger, ooger, looger (It's a filler like Mika does)

He had to pee, just like me, pee pee

Chorus

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

(repeat with Chorus)

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

(chorus)

But I know I've got too

Gonna play in Wodonga

But I know I've got too

Have a cuppa, poppa

Chorus

Poker, smoker, choker

Walk away

Then he ran for cover

Chorus

Chorus

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

(repeat with Chorus)

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

:lmfao::lmfao:

I love your aunt.

Sorry for the long double posts. I've got a lot more to say in the Australian thread than the Canadian thread since I can't speak French. :naughty:

Congrats, Mika, you didn't even make our top 10. I wonder why? Hmmm, it couldn't possibly have something to do with NOT TOURING HERE? :sneaky2:

That was the problem with English speaking Canada. He didn't even need to tour per se. Just come here and do a whole lot of promo.

I was still seeing clips of him from March on Canadian television in the summer, but eventually they run out of material and can't keep showing the same dated stuff indefinitely.

If he'd appeared on Canadian Idol as scheduled not only would he have been on the highest rated show in the country for 2 nights, but he would have been directly reaching his target audience of young pop fans. And they wouldn't have aired just a performance or two. He would have been interviewed, shown interacting with contestants, arranging songs at the piano, etc. All that stuff that turned us into hopelessly fascinated Mika fans.

Since Canadian Idol is owned by the same network that owns MTV, he would have been all over MTV for months. And the Canadian Idol host also hosts the most popular entertainment show in the country so he would have been on every night for the week he was in TO.

It would have had a huge impact on his popularity here. He's already playing an arena in Montreal and the only reason he's not doing the same in Toronto and Vancouver is because English speaking Canada hasn't had the same exposure to him that the French have been given, because the French are also getting media from France and not just Canada.

If he doesn't break in the states I hope he starts to concentrate more effort here, rather than abandoning N. American altogether. If he can't get into the US through the front door, he could do it via Canada. If he became a massive star here, it's only a matter of time before it starts filtering over to the border states that can pick up our air and radio waves and starts making its way south.

I think Mika's relative lack of success in the US is all down to lack of radio play and media exposure, rather than differences in taste. I think there are more than enough people in the US who would love him if they had the first clue who he was.

To be honest, a new album is more important that touring Oz. But he should never have to sacrifice one important thing for another more important thing, that's dreadful management. Especially considering that he said it's something that he said he's in no hurry to complete, by axing us for it he basically lied.

Everything that has happened in his career has basically taken place within the space of a year. Management made some mistakes to be sure, but mostly it was trying to stretch Mika too thin, not forcing him to sacrifice one important thing for another. He was trying to do it all and it turned disastrous when he became chronically ill.

It would have been better if they had prioritized right from the beginning instead of sending him off willy-nilly to Oz here, LA there, Dubai one week and Munich the next.

I know it's difficult with the internet, but until he's laid down a strong foundation in all his desired markets, I think they should stagger the release dates of the new album so that he can dedicate his attention to supporting it in more or less one market at a time.

If and when he becomes established he can do what Robbie Williams or Madonna do and say right, here's my album and here are my worldwide tour dates. I'll be in Australia in 13 months or whatever. People will be satisfied with that rather than feeling the kind of frustration you're experiencing now, even though you haven't really been waiting that long.

I really think it is his management who are incontrol of these situations, as much as Mika would love to think he is fully in control.

Mika may like to project to the public that he has full control but I'm sure he is well aware of how much control he does or doesn't have in reality. He's dealing with it every day.

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

(chorus)

But I know I've got too

Gonna play in Wodonga

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, Love Tuh Day, Love Tuh Day..

But I know I've got too

Have a cuppa, poppa

Chorus

Poker, smoker, choker

Walk away

Then he ran for cover

Chorus

Chorus

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

(repeat with Chorus)

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

Brilliant guys:thumb_yello:

Sorry for the long double posts. I've got a lot more to say in the Australian thread than the Canadian thread since I can't speak French. :naughty:

That was the problem with English speaking Canada. He didn't even need to tour per se. Just come here and do a whole lot of promo.

I was still seeing clips of him from March on Canadian television in the summer, but eventually they run out of material and can't keep showing the same dated stuff indefinitely.

If he'd appeared on Canadian Idol as scheduled not only would he have been on the highest rated show in the country for 2 nights, but he would have been directly reaching his target audience of young pop fans. And they wouldn't have aired just a performance or two. He would have been interviewed, shown interacting with contestants, arranging songs at the piano, etc. All that stuff that turned us into hopelessly fascinated Mika fans.

Since Canadian Idol is owned by the same network that owns MTV, he would have been all over MTV for months. And the Canadian Idol host also hosts the most popular entertainment show in the country so he would have been on every night for the week he was in TO.

It would have had a huge impact on his popularity here. He's already playing an arena in Montreal and the only reason he's not doing the same in Toronto and Vancouver is because English speaking Canada hasn't had the same exposure to him that the French have been given, because the French are also getting media from France and not just Canada.

If he doesn't break in the states I hope he starts to concentrate more effort here, rather than abandoning N. American altogether. If he can't get into the US through the front door, he could do it via Canada. If he became a massive star here, it's only a matter of time before it starts filtering over to the border states that can pick up our air and radio waves and starts making its way south.

I think Mika's relative lack of success in the US is all down to lack of radio play and media exposure, rather than differences in taste. I think there are more than enough people in the US who would love him if they had the first clue who he was.

Everything that has happened in his career has basically taken place within the space of a year. Management made some mistakes to be sure, but mostly it was trying to stretch Mika too thin, not forcing him to sacrifice one important thing for another. He was trying to do it all and it turned disastrous when he became chronically ill.

It would have been better if they had prioritized right from the beginning instead of sending him off willy-nilly to Oz here, LA there, Dubai one week and Munich the next.

I know it's difficult with the internet, but until he's laid down a strong foundation in all his desired markets, I think they should stagger the release dates of the new album so that he can dedicate his attention to supporting it in more or less one market at a time.

If and when he becomes established he can do what Robbie Williams or Madonna do and say right, here's my album and here are my worldwide tour dates. I'll be in Australia in 13 months or whatever. People will be satisfied with that rather than feeling the kind of frustration you're experiencing now, even though you haven't really been waiting that long.

Mika may like to project to the public that he has full control but I'm sure he is well aware of how much control he does or doesn't have in reality. He's dealing with it every day.

Always such wise words Christine. I love to read your posts:biggrin2:

Well, gonna post whore... since no-one's here... I was driving around last night after dropping my SIL back home (yes, I need to get a taxi sign on my car) and listening to Mika as per usual and I couldn't get over how familiar his voice has become to me in such a short period of time. I've owned the C.D. for a relatively short period of time (maybe 6 weeks, two months tops) but I play it several times a day or I'm singing it to myself or to the kids or whatever.

It makes me relaxed and happy when I hear him, like a family member, comforting, but soooo familiar. I wonder what I'll be like when I've been a fan for as long as some of you have cos I already get...not territorial, ummm, can't think of the word... proprietal? Like I own him, like he's mine. I know it's not true of course, but do we all feel like that a little bit ever? I'm wondering if I'm overdosing a bit to be honest.... I don't believe I have stalker in me (god it woul be too expensive to be a stalker from Aus), but not sure this is a good mindset....

Technically they weren't my first crushes, my first crush was a boy in my kindergarten called Brooke. My parents have a tape of a tiny but sassy me arguing with my best friend and bringing out the line "you think you're the queen, you think you're going to marry Brooke, well you're wrong, I am." It mortifies me even to this day. :lol3:

Tie died overalls sound awesome, no matter what the decade.

That is so cute!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

My husband Michael met and cooked for Jennifer Grey when she was shooting a movie called "Wind" in Fremantle.

:shocked:

Both!!!! Ohhh My gggggoddddddddddddddddddddddd <said in loud usa accent>

And like I saw Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa with his girlfrienddddddddddddddddd:naughty:

Why you have to go there, Fred? *shakes head sadly*:naughty:

Tell her I lobe her.

*msn slap*

Nobody lobes like Jack lobes.

God that sounds like I'm sucking up. But I wasn't. Honest.:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: I believe you. And thanks. :blush-anim-cl:

I've owned the C.D. for a relatively short period of time (maybe 6 weeks, two months tops) but I play it several times a day or I'm singing it to myself or to the kids or whatever.

When I first read this I thought WTF? Why did you only buy the CD 2 months ago? I thought I recognized you from quite awhile ago and didn't realize you only joined MFC in last month!

It makes me relaxed and happy when I hear him, like a family member, comforting, but soooo familiar. I wonder what I'll be like when I've been a fan for as long as some of you have cos I already get...not territorial, ummm, can't think of the word... proprietal? Like I own him, like he's mine. I know it's not true of course, but do we all feel like that a little bit ever? I'm wondering if I'm overdosing a bit to be honest.... I don't believe I have stalker in me (god it woul be too expensive to be a stalker from Aus), but not sure this is a good mindset....

I used to have a weird proprietary thing over him because I first started to take an interest in him personally (as opposed to his music) when I discovered he went to the Lycee and the Royal College of Music in my old neighbourhood. Imperial College is right at the end of the street I lived on in London and I worked on campus. The Royal College of Music was adjacent to my building and I could hear the students practicing from my office window.

Between that and the fact that I was one of the first people in Canada to jump on the Mika bandwagon, I felt like I had some sort of claim on him.

But I got over it pretty quickly. Mika and I may have lived in the same neighbourhood at one time but we are living in different universes in many respects at the moment. I learned that once I got to know many other things about him and took my proper place as a fan and not someone who is ever going to cross paths with him for any other reason.

I do tend to think of him as "my little Meekers" but it's a motherly thing, not a jealous girlfriend thing. I don't mind sharing him and even though I feel very protective in some ways, ultimately I don't care what anyone says or thinks about him. If people want to slag him off or whatever, that's their problem. I don't think Mika worries himself over it and neither do I.

I do tend to think of him as "my little Meekers" but it's a motherly thing, not a jealous girlfriend thing. I don't mind sharing him and even though I feel very protective in some ways, ultimately I don't care what anyone says or thinks about him. If people want to slag him off or whatever, that's their problem. I don't think Mika worries himself over it and neither do I.

Bravo!! *applauds*

hi everyone!

I was hoping to record it onto a CD. I was probably going to ask Armande to help with the music...

that would be good :punk:

I did the charity bread run tonight that I do once a fortnight, and I've never had this happen before, but i got seeded! I moved some of the bread so quickly and carelessly that loose seeds flew everywhere and I have then through my hair and down my bra. I thought I'd gotten rid of them all, but I just scratched my head and found more poppy seeds. Ick!

hehe, that takes 'feeling seedy' to a new level